Help Please, Urgent! Used Minoxidil Just One Time And Want To Stop, Will It Affect My Hair?

Jhonfst

Hello!
I am talking in behalf of a friend who is very scared.
My friend used minoxidil 5% just one time, and it was yesterday.
From what i know, the hair begins shedding 1/2 months later and if minoxidil stops being used the "damaged" hairs will no longer grow back or continue damaged.

Well, he took minoxidil yesterday and wants to stop using it because he is going to have an hair transplant in January and thinks that he should just use minoxidil 1 weeks after the Fue and not use it 1 week before. Given that he is going to have an hair transplant in a month he thinks that it would be bad to start the minoxidil treatment and stop it for 2 weeks because of the transplant.

So, the questions are:
Will starting to use minoxidil and early in the treatment (less than 1 month) stop it during 2 weeks for Fue, do bad for the hair?
Will a 1 time use of minoxidil, just one day and then no more uses actually develop some shed after some time? or it isn't going to do anything good nor bad?

Thank you alot!
He needs to know this asap, for him to decide if he returns to the use of minoxidil :):)

• Moderators

Taking it one time is not going to make a difference. An initial hair shed from minoxidil happens due to continued use of it over a few weeks.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.