Are All Low-Cost Hair Transplant Clincs Bad?

• Administrators

This question comes up and it is often a heavily debated topic, the fact is that there are several low-cost clinics in developing nations performing state-of-the art hair restoration. However, I truly believe that the clinics that are performing refined hair restoration are already recommended by the hair transplant network. The bad clinics outnumber the good ones unfortunately and I am sure many good clinics in those nations would agree.

I encourage you guys to read this article and please share it with anyone who is interested in traveling abroad for surgery.

Are All Low-Cost Hair Transplant Clinics Bad

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Selecting a hair transplant surgeon or clinic based on cost is not a good idea but it doesn’t mean that low cost clinics are necessarily bad.  But, in my opinion, to ensure you Greg the best results, you should select s surgeon based on a proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than cost or location. 

Great article.  

What does everyone else think?

Bill

On 12/7/2018 at 8:13 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Selecting a hair transplant surgeon or clinic based on cost is not a good idea but it doesn’t mean that low cost clinics are necessarily bad.  But, in my opinion, to ensure you Greg the best results, you should select s surgeon based on a proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than cost or location. 

Great article.  

What does everyone else think?

Bill

Sadly the thing is that so many of us have to weigh up cost as one of the main factors in choosing a HT clinic/ surgeon because the best of the best (Konior etc) are so highly priced and in the real world a high percentage of us cannot afford to go with these guys. I understand in the ideal situation price wouldn't matter, but it's also unrealistic to think it doesn't. It really comes down to what you can live with.

I always take the cost thing with a pinch of salt tbh. recommended surgeons on here are all well and good, but the recommendation is paid for and I've seen plenty of sub-par results from surgeons recommended here. Initially, I wanted to save and go for a top surgeon, but what I've realised is that even the top guys can screw up, or more so, the characteristics of your donor etc play a deciding role, more than the surgeon can.

My thought process to it now is - Hair loss sucks > Do something about it > be aware of risks and that there are no guarantees > See HT as a "nice to have", not something which will "save you and who you are" > Don't invest too much into it > If I really want to, do it, but don't sink all I have into it > Be smart, do research and look at results, ensure a real Dr is involved in at least some stages of surgery > If I do it, I'll do it, I'll do it on a budget & accept that a bad result means I just shave my head.

So it might come good, then I have some hair and a bit of money left over. Or it's not great but I still didn't sink all I have into it or take credit to do it. Can shave my head and invest in other aspects of myself. Both better options than the potential crap result and no savings.

FWIW I'm regularly more impressed with some of the budget Turkey clinic results than any of the UK surgeons who charge at least 3* the same.

• Administrators

As long as you’re making results your top priority I see no issue with trying to find a cost-effective hair transplant. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.