• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Most of of you are familiar with my story, but some of you new guys may be wondering how I got started. The truth is, I started off researching just like most of you, luckily I found this forum that gave me the tools and confidence to pull the trigger and start my hair loss journey. I wanted to let you guys know that we will start posting informative videos on YouTube. I encourage you guys to watch and share this video with anyone interested in getting a hair transplant and seeing  a real result from a real patient..

If you guys have any suggestions for topics please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin, what a phenomenal video  and even more outstanding transformation. I guess I didn’t realize that you had that much hair restored given how thick your hair is today. 

I look forward to seeing some of your next videos since I know you’ll be doing many including  answering several hot topic hair loss questions.  

We are all looking forward to it 🙂

Bill 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks guys 🙌🏼🙌🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Melvin, nice video.  Well done.  It would be nice to know when you started Propecia and if you've done any other medical therapies.  Seems you had a lot of miniaturized hair and it is likely that the use of non surgical modalities is contributing to your overall density.  I particularly like the staggered hairline, very natural.  And, to have a bit of thinning on the hairline, since it is a transition zone, I think also adds to the naturalness. Not sure if you were really a class 6, perhaps a 5+ as there were still remnants of a bridge in the mid-scalp and not too wide a pattern.  Regardless, nice work and awesome results.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Looks really good grown out Melvin. How many grafts was that total?

Thanks Phil,

I had around 5,200-5,300 grafts via FUE. Considering making it 6,000 😬

23 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Melvin, nice video.  Well done.  It would be nice to know when you started Propecia and if you've done any other medical therapies.  Seems you had a lot of miniaturized hair and it is likely that the use of non surgical modalities is contributing to your overall density.  I particularly like the staggered hairline, very natural.  And, to have a bit of thinning on the hairline, since it is a transition zone, I think also adds to the naturalness. Not sure if you were really a class 6, perhaps a 5+ as there were still remnants of a bridge in the mid-scalp and not too wide a pattern.  Regardless, nice work and awesome results.

Thanks lasercap  I will add that in the description. No I dont use finasteride, but I do use minoxidil and Azelaic acid along with keto shampoo. I think it’s done a good job preserving what I had left. I may have been technically a class 5, but the writing was on the wall I was headed towards Norwood 6 fast.

It was particularly depressing for me, especially since I always took pride in my hair and constantly changed hairstyles. I’m just grateful I found this site and thankful to Dr. Diep, I’ve been given a second chance and hope my story can give others hope. Because I truly felt hopeless at the time.

View my thread

• Administrators

Thanks man I appreciate that, please keep an eye out for new content. Also, if you have any suggested topics let me know.

View my thread

• Administrators

Thanks n00b,

Hope you’re doing well, let me know if there’s a topic you’d like covered.

View my thread

Great video Melvin. Your results are amazing, the density looks pretty darn good. It can be a life changing thing to go from being follicularly challenged, to having a nice head of hair.  
It shows without saying, you're very happy.

Edited by SWdan
  • Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Great result overall, congrats. Do you do PRP or have you had any micro-pigmentation done?

No PRP or micro pigmentation. However, it’s a treatment I may consider in the future. 

View my thread

That's really impressive Melvin. Given your starting point it's a wonderful turnaround. Congrats.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators

Thanks pete 😊

View my thread