Flying from USA to Istanbul for FUE Procedure w Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz

Michael8

Me:
Hi, I am a 36 year old male from the states & I have made the decision to travel to Turkey to get a FUE Hair Transplant Procedure.  

I am from Los Angeles however I’m currently living/working in Florida.  I am about to board a flight from Orlando to London to Istanbul.  

History:
I have been doing online research for a doctor for almost 2 years on Hair Restoration Network & other resources online.  I have been looking into this procedure since probably over 10 years ago when I went to Bosley in Newport Beach to get a consult.  Since my 20’s I started experiencing hair loss, not bad but I knew it was coming bc my older brother went bald so I was always preparing. 

I’ve used a lot of products from finasteride to minoxidil to random stuff and I am currently on nothing.  I restarted finasteride but I stopped & I’m done for good.  I never experienced any side effects but many people have & they advised against it.  Also my logic was why would I need it since the hairs being transplanted were not affected by dht.  I know doctors still try to push it when you do the surgery which is why I went back on it however I’m done with it for good.  Im not going to mess with my hormones or testosterone levels.  

Decision:
I chose Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz.  I looked at & contacted Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Yaman, Dr. Civas, Dr. Cinik and more.  All these doctors are great. 

This is how I decided on a doctor or narrowed it down which I recommend to all (this website also recommends doctors which I used):

go to the -> American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery ABHRS &/Or International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery ISHRS

I figured if a doctor is certified by these governing boards that should be an excellent starting point.  

I also accounted for the costs of doing the surgery in the states, Europe & Asia and it was going to be the most affordable with great results & care in Istanbul.  Turkey was the winner for me.  

Purpose:
The reason I am giving my time for this thread is to help other guys like me.  Guys like me who read a million reviews & went back & forth.  Also I was hoping to get help from this community during my post op.

Disclaimer I am not getting paid for this nor did I get a discount.  I paid a $250 deposit to book my date Thursday December 6th & I will pay the full rest of the amount Wednesday.  Dr. K has different packages to choose from.  I did the standard package  & I will explain why later.  That was a tough decision.  This whole process has been difficult.  

I believe forums like this & posts like this help both the patient & doctor track the progress & results.  It’s a good way to keep everyone honest by showing real results not cherry picked ones.  

And last but not least to keep the provider accountable.  

I will let y’all know how things go.   When I land, the consult, design, procedure & post op. 

Edited by Michael8
Edit

Hello, I'm probably choosing him too in January, please, let me.know how it goes, it's really important for me. Also, if possible, I'd like to chat with you somehow. He offered 5000 hairs, my case is similar tu yours, but I think it's not enough for me. He avoids to get more than 2500 grafts, even when my donor area is really good. Please, update. Thanks

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

My experience:

I highly recommend going to Turkey to get the procedure.  I wish I had pulled the plug earlier.  

Turkey is safe, Istanbul is beautiful, the people are nice, and I met other people who were getting the procedure which was awesome to have a support group.

Ive been keeping a day by day journal to track what’s happening and I’ll post it to help others who are interested.

Fespafer private message me if you’d like.

Edited by Michael8
Edit

Looking forward to hearing about your results.  Turkey is certainly a popular place for transplants.  I’m sure you checked, but make sure your health insurance covers you in Turkey.  You’re unlikely to need it but its a common reminder when traveling abroad.  

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 9 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 1:14 AM, Michael8 said:
Me:
Hi, I am a 36 year old male from the states & I have made the decision to travel to Turkey to get a FUE Hair Transplant Procedure.  

I am from Los Angeles however I’m currently living/working in Florida.  I am about to board a flight from Orlando to London to Istanbul.  

History:
I have been doing online research for a doctor for almost 2 years on Hair Restoration Network & other resources online.  I have been looking into this procedure since probably over 10 years ago when I went to Bosley in Newport Beach to get a consult.  Since my 20’s I started experiencing hair loss, not bad but I knew it was coming bc my older brother went bald so I was always preparing. 

I’ve used a lot of products from finasteride to minoxidil to random stuff and I am currently on nothing.  I restarted finasteride but I stopped & I’m done for good.  I never experienced any side effects but many people have & they advised against it.  Also my logic was why would I need it since the hairs being transplanted were not affected by dht.  I know doctors still try to push it when you do the surgery which is why I went back on it however I’m done with it for good.  Im not going to mess with my hormones or testosterone levels.  

Decision:
I chose Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz.  I looked at & contacted Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Yaman, Dr. Civas, Dr. Cinik and more.  All these doctors are great. 

This is how I decided on a doctor or narrowed it down which I recommend to all (this website also recommends doctors which I used):

go to the -> American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery ABHRS &/Or International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery ISHRS

I figured if a doctor is certified by these governing boards that should be an excellent starting point.  

I also accounted for the costs of doing the surgery in the states, Europe & Asia and it was going to be the most affordable with great results & care in Istanbul.  Turkey was the winner for me.  

Purpose:
The reason I am giving my time for this thread is to help other guys like me.  Guys like me who read a million reviews & went back & forth.  Also I was hoping to get help from this community during my post op.

Disclaimer I am not getting paid for this nor did I get a discount.  I paid a $250 deposit to book my date Thursday December 6th & I will pay the full rest of the amount Wednesday.  Dr. K has different packages to choose from.  I did the standard package  & I will explain why later.  That was a tough decision.  This whole process has been difficult.  

I believe forums like this & posts like this help both the patient & doctor track the progress & results.  It’s a good way to keep everyone honest by showing real results not cherry picked ones.  

And last but not least to keep the provider accountable.  

I will let y’all know how things go.   When I land, the consult, design, procedure & post op. 

What's the story here? How did the operation go? And, how have the last 10 months been? i.e. Have you new hair?!

Obviously, no one is obliged to post follow up reports and updates on their HT - but it is so frustrating when a patient indicates they're happy with their chosen surgeon at the time of surgery, only to disappear without trace when other baldies (like me!) are desperate for reassurance.

I've gone down so many rabbit holes on here, and the other big forum, where I think I'm reading the start of an honest review - only for the OP to completely disengage! They'd be better off not bothering at all, as it only leads to confusion and cynicism.

I'm planning on travelling to Turkey in the coming weeks BTW, and strongly considering AEK, but it's hard to find any substantial/trustworthy reports (positive or negative).

#frustratedandbalding

I agree with 

19 hours ago, Paulinhio said:

What's the story here? How did the operation go? And, how have the last 10 months been? i.e. Have you new hair?!

Obviously, no one is obliged to post follow up reports and updates on their HT - but it is so frustrating when a patient indicates they're happy with their chosen surgeon at the time of surgery, only to disappear without trace when other baldies (like me!) are desperate for reassurance.

I've gone down so many rabbit holes on here, and the other big forum, where I think I'm reading the start of an honest review - only for the OP to completely disengage! They'd be better off not bothering at all, as it only leads to confusion and cynicism.

I'm planning on travelling to Turkey in the coming weeks BTW, and strongly considering AEK, but it's hard to find any substantial/trustworthy reports (positive or negative).

#frustratedandbalding

I agree.  It would be great to see the post-operation pictures.  Big set up...with no follow up.  I’m sure others are curious as well.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.