Worried that I damaged grafts by using a hairdryer?

So I had an FUT done on Monday, and was told to keep the recipient site dry. I was told I could use a hairdryer on a cool setting...I don't use hairdryers very often and accidentally used the lowest heat setting instead since then. Do yall think I damaged the grafts? For what it's worth, none of them have dislodged, and I have been following all the other directions as far as spraying etc. 

You're probably fine. I doubt you would have have left it on long enough to damage the grafts.  You'd felt pain on your scalp and turned it off before that happened.  Just continue to use the cool setting and follow your post-op instructions.

I spoke with the doc and they said and it likely did not hurt anything as long as it was not hot..

Is there anyway to know? I feel like my scalp would have gotten irritated if it was too hot right? 

I guess I am just of a different school than most on here.  I wouldn't even consider using a hair dryer at any setting, no matter what the doctor said.  Some things just don't make sense.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

5 hours ago, Dazed said:

I guess I am just of a different school than most on here.  I wouldn't even consider using a hair dryer at any setting, no matter what the doctor said.  Some things just don't make sense.

Another useless post that doesn’t help the op with their question 

4 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

May not have answered the op's question as I can't imagine anyone on here would used a hair dryer on grafts ...but at least it may warn others not do do the same ,never heard  of anyone using a hair dryer immediately post op 

7 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

What's useless is you thinking your post has an merit. What makes sense is using your common sense and not using the hair dryer.  Who here is qualified to answer his question?  Time is the only thing that will answer the question.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Your doctor concurs that you are fine and I would also agree with that.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, Dazed said:

What makes sense is using your common sense and not using the hair dryer.  Who here is qualified to answer his question?  Time is the only thing that will answer the question.

Not sure why you think it's common sense not to use a blow dryer on your hair post-op. In each of my three visits following my recent FUE procedure with Dr. Konior, they blow-dried my hair in the recipient area after spraying with saline. If the grafts are surgically placed well, after a few days they should be fairly secure and would require a more forceful 'blow' for displacement than a blow dryer used on the cool setting. 

And this is from his post-op instructions:

SHOWERING and SHAMPOO

Your scalp can be very gently shampooed beginning 48-72 hours following your procedure. The following instructions are for the first week after your procedure:

1. You may use any NON-MEDICATED shampoo.

2. Use cool to warm water. DO NOT USE HOT WATER for the first week.

3. Use a GENTLE shower stream or a shower mist spray for the first week following the procedure.

4. DO NOT directly massage the graft sites for the first week following the procedure. Gently massage a generous amount of shampoo/conditioner into the hair on the back and sides of your head. Tilt your head down and let the shampoo run over the transplant site. You can also apply hands full of shampoo foam to sit on the grafted areas. The shampoo is rinsed off by directing the shower stream onto an area of the scalp that has NOT been grafted and then letting the fresh water run over the transplanted scalp. Alternatively, bring a large plastic cup into the shower to help in gently rinsing the shampoo from the graft sites, scalp, and hair. Allow a stream of water to directly rinse the staples/sutures each day for approximately 5 minutes. After the shower, your hair can be blow-dried using a cool setting. 
Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Legend says that if you use a hair drier after an HT, transplanted hairs will die and their souls will take revenge and kill just as many native hairs down with them and because of that, the remaining native hairs will be so scared and traumatized by these events, they will stop growing forever. 

The issue with blow drying hair post-op is using it with a high heat setting.  The key is to adjust the dryer on the cool setting so the scalp is not over-heated.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY