Spray grafts after surgery or no ?

I think I messed up on the swelling part .. I tried sleeping at 45 degree angle ., but I switched it up alof by sleeping on my stomach , with my head turned to the side .. It was more comfortable n it didn’t touch my hair .. but it seems the meds had no where to go until today where it just swelled up .. it’s all good now .: been ice packing ,, I still look like a troll but it should be good by tomorrow night .. 

Hi Legend  look forward to watching your progress ,a lot of people have enjoyed your posts and your unique way of putting things ,best of luck hopefully by next summer you won't have to worry about your hair and get on with your life  .

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Did you sleep sitting up? I did and only got some very mild forehead swelling this morning. I can't wait to sleep lying down. The problem for me is, I can't sleep on my back and I obviously can't sleep on my front until they have all fully anchored.

Congrats on your HT too!

i can't sleep on my back either, but i found out that sleeping in angle on my back was much more easier than lying absolutely horizontal.

but i stayed almost 8 days at the clinic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I think I messed up on the swelling part .. I tried sleeping at 45 degree angle ., but I switched it up alof by sleeping on my stomach , with my head turned to the side .. It was more comfortable n it didn’t touch my hair .. but it seems the meds had no where to go until today where it just swelled up .. it’s all good now .: been ice packing ,, I still look like a troll but it should be good by tomorrow night .. 

Use that massage thing so the swelling won't come down to your eyes.

regarding the spray, i was told to spray every hour or so the first few days.

I babied my transplants for about 5 weeks with constant saline solution, baby shampoo, no rubbing and allowing the hair to air dry.  I went with TLC with both my transplants and that is what seems to work for me.  I had NO swelling or redness either time.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 2 weeks later...

I let my scalp heal itself and no spraying .. I was told to just keep it clean n wash it everyday .. just get some suds of the shampoo n pat it onto the recipient ..

ive healed really well , no scabs , just some crusts .,but all that is gone after two weeks .. Scalp is clean n ready to Grow . 

3 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I let my scalp heal itself and no spraying .. I was told to just keep it clean n wash it everyday .. just get some suds of the shampoo n pat it onto the recipient ..

ive healed really well , no scabs , just some crusts .,but all that is gone after two weeks .. Scalp is clean n ready to Grow . 

Good to hear mate, happy growing.

yeah I read about the spraying of the grafts post surgery too ,, but apparently there’s two different science to this theory .. I prefer the dry theory n let ur body heal naturally ., just clean it every morning ., I didn’t get any crusts .. just light scabbing ,, recipient area totally clean now around day 14

I showered 2-3x a day for the first week then 1-2x a day for the second week. I didn't get any scabs either, just crusts, which came off in the shower on their own. I sprayed with saline for the first week too. I also didn't let any scab form on the incision. It is healing nicely though. I have just cut my hair to a number 6 (back and sides as I barely have anything on top) and you can see the incision slightly on some parts of my head. I need the hair from around the incision to grow back now.

Glad u healing well n got the staples out trix .. I wanted to go fut so I wouldn’t have to shave my donor area .. since I had long hair to cover the scar .. but since h&w said I would get more density with less grafts with fue .. I went ahead n got the fue ,  but i had the clinic shave my head enough to still cover my hair .. so this is  what my donor looks like today 17 days out of surgery .. can’t ecen tell I had Anh surgery on the back or sides :) 

9A4256A3-6145-41C4-8F7F-F31A7E2C2553.jpeg

Edited by Legend007

Thanks dude! Yes, healing very well. The problem is how I look now. You are very lucky in that you were getting something relatively minor and already have a lot of hair to hide the procedure. I am pretty exposed at the moment! Unfortunately, this will not change for another 3 months now either. How is the recipient area looking Legend?

Heheheh ... I planned out this surgery months ago , n grew my hair long .. started wearing a hat ocasionally at work n outings .. now when I start wearing a hat most of the time .. people don’t notice .. so the ugly duckling phase shouldn’t be too hard on me .. so far this whole process hasn’t been too bad .. I’ve done more difficult things in life so, so thinking about it now , going thru surgery for more hair isn’t so bad .. just waiting for the growth now :) 

On 12/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, Legend007 said:

I've healed really well , no scabs , just some crusts .,but all that is gone after two weeks .. Scalp is clean n ready to Grow . 

Sounds very similar to Dr Konior's post-op care. First week use non-medicated shampoo on the donor area and tilt your head forward and let the water you pour over it run through the recipient site. Around 5-7 days, pat suds onto the recipient site and let the water run over it. The second week you can start gentle massage of the graft site. I usually wait a little longer on the massaging part—until around the 10-14 day mark.

Spraying with saline isn't really necessary at this point, but it isn't going to hurt either. It's just a very harmless sterile solution to clean wounds. I went for three follow-up visits on my recent surgery and they didn't spray with saline the last day I was there, said it didn't need it. I've sprayed with saline a couple of times in the past 2 days because I feel gross after airline travel and wanted to make sure everything was sterile, but won't be doing it anymore. 

All doctor's are different. Some are overly cautious, and some are more laid back. Dr. Konior is a perfectionist when it comes to surgery, but not an alarmist with aftercare. My fourth night after surgery I slid down my elevated pillows and slept against the grafts on my crown and his response was, "The grafts should be fairly secure at this time and would require a more forceful blow for displacement.  No worries." 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 5 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 11:11 PM, Legend007 said:

Hey guys , so I just got done with my surgery with h&w .. n their pre-ol instructions is to not spray anything or do anything to the grafts for the first 5 days , let the grafts air dry n heal naturally .. after that I can start shampooing the grafts and getting rid of the crusts ..

this contracdicts a lot of what I read online and also other clinics recommendations .. they seem to say spray the grafts with saline/water every hour for the first two days and gently shower every to soften the crusts .. what is the truth ? N the better post op care ? What did u guys do ?

oh wait so just to clarify @Legend007. You didn't touch or get the grafts wet for the first 5 days then and let it dry and heal naturally?

On 12/1/2018 at 1:11 AM, Legend007 said:

Hey guys , so I just got done with my surgery with h&w .. n their pre-ol instructions is to not spray anything or do anything to the grafts for the first 5 days , let the grafts air dry n heal naturally .. after that I can start shampooing the grafts and getting rid of the crusts ..

this contracdicts a lot of what I read online and also other clinics recommendations .. they seem to say spray the grafts with saline/water every hour for the first two days and gently shower every to soften the crusts .. what is the truth ? N the better post op care ? What did u guys do ?

I did use the saline solution for over 2 weeks, and I did let my hair air dry, and I had good results.  I also used baby shampoo for a few months, and didn't rigorously dry my hair for at least 2 months.  I also did not rub in the shampoo, but used a large cup to wash and rinse my hair

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

5 hours ago, Dazed said:

I did use the saline solution for over 2 weeks, and I did let my hair air dry, and I had good results.  I also used baby shampoo for a few months, and didn't rigorously dry my hair for at least 2 months.  I also did not rub in the shampoo, but used a large cup to wash and rinse my hair

I did almost exactly as you, Dazed, liberally used the spray provided by the clinic every day for 10-12 days until it was finished. I did the rest you mentioned as well. Worked well for me.

• 1 year later...
On 12/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, Curious said:

If you spray saline, distilled water or ATP, your body is steal healing naturally, it's just that the tissue is moist during the very beginning of the healing process.

Hello,

I am looking for supply of liposome encapsulated ATP spray in India? Can you suggest me who can supply it from anywhere in the world. I will bear the transportation cost also. Kindly provide some reference for the same.

Regards,

Sagar N.

India

(+91-9820368001)