4387 grafts FUT Hattingen

4 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Just need the regrowth to start now.......

Yeah, the next three months for you are arguably the hardest part of the whole process. Not much you can do but maintain your health and wait.

• TrixGlendevon changed the title to 4387 grafts FUT Hattingen

The redness has almost completely gone already and it is not even a week since I had the surgery done yet. I am surprised because my skin is quite fair and I usually go red just by rubbing the towel hard on my head after a shower.

I am also kind of regretting not pushing for a less conservative hairline. However, 1) I am not on meds and my family history means this would have been immoral/gung-ho/short-termist 2) Hattingen is actually known for doing conservative hairlines so I knew the deal before I went and 3) I found it very hard to imagine what the hairlines would look like when they had grown out when they were being drawn on my head to be able to comment on them.

I haven't actually got any to show to be honest. They said they will send me the clinic pictures but I have a feeling that I will be picking them up next Wednesday when I go for the staples out. They said they did recreate the whirl in my forelock but obviously at this stage, I do not know how successfully. They are world class - I researched this for three years +/- so I am very confident it will be a good result. I also can't complain too much about the hairline - it is my natural hairline after all (pretty much the same hairline I had about 8 years ago in my mid 20s). It will be a great result.

Had the staples removed today and it felt like instant relief. The incision is healing well but I still won't be able to cut the hair to a number 4 around the backs and sides for a while yet because it will still be visible. I also got the graft count - 2600 frontal 3rd, 800 midsection and 1000 crown at an average of 2.23 or 2.32 hairs per graft. 

Unfortunately the grafts have started shedding now on top so the worst phase is just on the horizon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, bullitnut said:

Not strictly true this as there are lots of examples of their excellent work on hairlossexperiences.com forum which is an English speaking one.

For what it's worth I personally rate them very highly indeed and have seen their work in person...Excellent clinic that's up there with the elite imo

Most of the results on that forum are done by the clinic, and all that results are on their youtube channel. 

I've knew about them just recently, but they are quickly climbing my list of clinics I am considering 

I came online to answer somebody's inbox messages asking me questions about Hattingen, as he is considering them, and thought I would update this thread. All the grafts fell out about 2 weeks after the surgery. It has now been 1.5 months so still no regrowth but my native hair is growing nicely though, although there isn't much of it.

Around the incision has suffered a bit of shock loss and also is a little inflammed at the occipital part of the incision so I am having a Skype chat with the clinic next week. I had actually forgotten what it looked liked with the grafts so went back to look at the pictures to show the guy who wanted advice and I was reminded of what I have to look forward to.

• 3 weeks later...

OP will you be sharing photos of your experience? It would be really helpful to members as we don't see so much of this clinics work. In addition, I think it would be especially welcome considering how helpful and patient this community has been to you in the run up to your op. 

• 3 months later...

As I have said a few times, I am not going to be posting pictures publicly. Sorry. I do not want them on the internet. I have just said on another thread that I am happy with the progress so far. I will need a second procedure for the crown but I already knew that beforehand. The temples, especially the left one, are weak still as growth started late there but growth overall has been good. As the hair matures over the next few months, I am sure it will be a stellar result. There are lots of cases for this clinic on the German and French forums.

27 minutes ago, harry_potter1 said:

Can you at least describe your case? what is your NW degree etc? 

I would have liked it if you posted pictures that doesn't show your face, but I respect your decision 

I was a high NW - heading to a 5 pattern but already at the 4.5 (as also confirmed by Dr Feriduni who also said I should go with Hattingen). The pics taken under the strong artificial light at the clinic on the day of the procedure show me as already being a NW5. I am mid-30s and don't take medication, nor will I start. I have a good donor area. Feel free to ask anything else. If anybody can recommend a website which blocks photos from being downloaded from emails and makes them only viewable for a set amount of time by the email address I have sent them to, I will happily email people photos.

• 1 month later...

Hello Trix,

I'm following your progress with interest, regardless of photos, I think that's your personal choice. It helps those of us considering certain clinics to get feedback from their patients and in particular Hattingen which has only recently popped up on my radar so I'll be interested to see how your results fair, including the scarline from the strip as an FUT is my preferred option too.

Ads

• Administrators

It's a shame about not posting pictures. I have heard about this clinic on this forum. To date, I have yet to actually see a real patient review with real pictures. These forums were created for this very reason.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It's a shame about not posting pictures. I have heard about this clinic on this forum. To date, I have yet to actually see a real patient review with real pictures. These forums were created for this very reason.

It is a shame, and as long as the face is covered, i don't see a big deal. That being said, there are loads of real patient reviews you can find on forums- just not this one.