16,500 grafts over 2.5 years to change the fortune!

The picture qualities are not upto the current standards due to them being from the old stock.

Sharing one old patient of 2012-13. An extreme case of baldness with poor scalp donor approached us in 2012 with expectations of a complete full head with hair. He already had a procedure of 2000 odd grafts from another clinic. He wanted to be double sure that we can grow good hair, so he first asked us to do 2000 chest grafts. (His chest hair were unusually very robust!)  Most of these 2000 hair grew in 6 months and he developed confidence in us and went for 5000 grafts (4000 beard and 1000 scalp). After 6 months he went for another 5000 grafts (4500 beard, 500 scalp), to enhance the density and lower the hair line. After one year he went for augmenting the hairline and enhancing the density in some areas with another 2500 grafts (1500 from beard and 1000 from scalp). So, in total he has received 16,500 grafts over 2.5 years ! The facial scars are hardly visible, due to the very sharp, small punches and a rapidly healing skin of the face.

Note: The patient had a dream of being on stage in acting and singing. Due to baldness he was lacking confidence and was avoiding the social gatherings and was withdrawn. He had made up his mind to do a complete job and he knew that he has got a great unusual beard and wanted to donate every beard hair for a great coverage of the scalp. Ultimately he has got a hairline and density of his desire and now he is living his passion and doing movies and enjoying a great singing career as well.2927f0da-41fc-4993-bcfb-8a9d66dfa340.thumb.JPG.a2f5b22dff6ef90d6bac8cdd7dbb52bf.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.31.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.37.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.39.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.46.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.46.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.56.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.46.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.01.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.40.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.42.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.48.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.51.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.54.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.58.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.10.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.32.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.35.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.26.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.29.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.16.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.20.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.22.00 PM.png

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9731.jpg

IMG_9732.JPG

IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9736.PNG

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

• Administrators

Do you have any video? These are spectacular results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal said:

Dear Melvin, 

I am sorry, I don't have the video! The patient has entered into entertainment industry so unwilling for a public show up. 

That’s a shame, this is a hall of fame case. I’m glad the patient is enjoying his new hair and reaping the benefits. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

The number of grafts on this is certainly impressive. I dont recall seeing anything like it before. 

Because it is such a special case, I would expect much much better documentation. Most of the photos have the resolution, literally, of my cell phone (flip phone), back in 2005.  

I am glad the pt is happy tho. Congrats to him. 

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wow 😮 that’s all I can say

I’ve seen dr umars body hair transplant results that he posts frequently on forums and this looks a lot more natural (although the pics aren’t that great). The patients hair characteristics might also play a role too.

are there more clear photos of the beard? I’m curious as to what it looks like close up with so many grafts

17 hours ago, ILtrooper said:

What about the crown? No shots of the crown?

At the outset, sorry for lack of a great HD pic of the crown! As I have mentioned earlier, the patient has entered into entertainment industry and is not willing to show up and reveal his bald past to the directors and his current peers.

I have managed to pull out one screenshot pic of his back from one of his short movies. I will definitely take a good pic of his crown and post once he pays me a visit in near future.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 5.45.52 PM.png

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s a shame, this is a hall of fame case. I’m glad the patient is enjoying his new hair and reaping the benefits. 

The efforts of 2.5 years and the ultimate results changed the life course of the patient as well as his doctors (me and my wife). He entered into his childhood dream passion, movies and stage singing. His gratefulness and blessings are beyond measure.

His doctors (we), realised that they should be doing only one thing, so that they can give the best out of them in one thing. They parted with rest of their dermatology and cosmetic practices of 5 years, which was quite established. With their one pointed focus they are happy that they are  producing life changing results which gives a lot of gratification. If they would have been doing many cosmetic procedures then they would have become mediocre of themselves. 

11 hours ago, Spanker said:

The number of grafts on this is certainly impressive. I dont recall seeing anything like it before. 

Because it is such a special case, I would expect much much better documentation. Most of the photos have the resolution, literally, of my cell phone (flip phone), back in 2005.  

I am glad the pt is happy tho. Congrats to him. 

The resolutions are really of poor standards.  (The case was done in 2012-13, after two years of our first hair restoration surgery in 2010 February 28.)

We choose to post this case to declare that if right kind of instrumentations are  used then a lot of grafts can be extracted, planted and grown. More the number of grafts ( if handled well during extraction and plantation), better the chances of covering larger areas with cosmetically acceptable density. 

6 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Wow 😮 that’s all I can say

I’ve seen dr umars body hair transplant results that he posts frequently on forums and this looks a lot more natural (although the pics aren’t that great). The patients hair characteristics might also play a role too.

are there more clear photos of the beard? I’m curious as to what it looks like close up with so many grafts

Thank you for your post and appreciation! We have collected some more pictures from his social media. You can have a look at them. However, we shall post clear pictures when he comes to meet us.

awewed.jpg

hgvh.jpg

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

I would love to see some updates on this case, 16,500 grafts must be a record 

• Like 1

View my thread

Pretty remarkable! One think to note is that he had 10,000 grafts from the beard! I think this is exceptional and the norm for someone to have that many available from the beard. Although, maybe that is different if someone never wanted to grow a beard again?