Just hit 5 months post surgery

• Administrators

5.5 months is early and if you suffered shock loss it can take another few months to fully regain the hair you lost. 12 months is the minimum. Also, without pictures not much we can say besides be patient.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Legend007 said:

No pics , no help ! Can’t analyze things with just our imagination .. 

i posted pics before

literally the same. I see zero difference

I had 12 13K of the thickest hair imaginable transplanted. Why am I not seeing a huge difference? I have super thick hair like you see in asians

8 hours ago, jj51702 said:

What did ur doctor say?

I haven't talked to him

Is this strictly a time thing? has there ever been a transplant by an excellent doctor with a huge amount of very thick hair transplanted with such a poor yield?

27 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

I haven't talked to him

Is this strictly a time thing? has there ever been a transplant by an excellent doctor with a huge amount of very thick hair transplanted with such a poor yield?

Why would u not ask him? That’s the first person you should ask instead of strangers on a forum. Contact him with pics or if u live close by book a follow up appointment. Maybe he can show you your scalp under a digital microscope to see if there’s any activity going on.

Edited by jj51702

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

U could just be a slow grower .. do u see Any sprouts of new hair in previous bald areas? 

my crown still feels very bald

my doc told me he transplanted 1000 grafts (and all 3s and 4s) - which is roughly 3500 hairs in the crown. I figured it would be damn near total coverage

The crown is the slowest part to grow .. so if u hairline is growing right now ,. U should still be good .. I don’t think u should be panicking yet .. let the process run it’s course .. I just did my surgery .. n I barely look at my hair .. if it works then great .. if not , then there’s options , especially since u have good donor hair .. Don’t need to overstress urself . 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

The crown is the slowest part to grow .. so if u hairline is growing right now ,. U should still be good .. I don’t think u should be panicking yet .. let the process run it’s course .. I just did my surgery .. n I barely look at my hair .. if it works then great .. if not , then there’s options , especially since u have good donor hair .. Don’t need to overstress urself . 

when does crown hair start?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, AnalogFeel said:

my crown still feels very bald

my doc told me he transplanted 1000 grafts (and all 3s and 4s) - which is roughly 3500 hairs in the crown. I figured it would be damn near total coverage

How can 1,000 grafts be full coverage? The crown takes around 4,000 grafts alone for full coverage. You have unrealistic expectations. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How can 1,000 grafts be full coverage? The crown takes around 4,000 grafts alone for full coverage. You have unrealistic expectations. 

4000 grafts maybe with avg hair thickness and avg density. I have probably double avg hair thickness and 30% better than the avg donor density (my yield was around 3 hair per grafts and I've been told avg is more like 2)

this is 2800 grafts with a huge crown area - significantly worse than mine and he's got great density

hair-restororation-procedure-top-181156.

Edited by AnalogFeel

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, AnalogFeel said:

4000 grafts maybe with avg hair thickness and avg density. I have probably double avg hair thickness and 30% better than the avg donor density (my yield was around 3 hair per grafts and I've been told avg is more like 2)

this is 2800 grafts with a huge crown area - significantly worse than mine and he's got great density

hair-restororation-procedure-top-181156.

Never compare others with yourself, just because someone achieved a certain look with 2,000 grafts doesn’t mean you will. It’s more than just hair thickness. 

View my thread

It must be an equal surface area with similar hair characteristics, color contrast, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Never compare others with yourself, just because someone achieved a certain look with 2,000 grafts doesn’t mean you will. It’s more than just hair thickness. 

i have identical hair texture to that gentleman 

What else is there beyond hair traits and donor density, both of which I was told I was in elite range by my doc?

45 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

the total surface area covered, degree of shock loss and rate of recovery (if applicable), hair transplant yield rates, exact graft placement .. to name some more

comparing it to others is really just a guide. It's basically how you look at any results on this site - you see what the HT doctor is capable of, and what potentially your results may look like, but it's more a best guess scenario. what EXACTLY did your doctor say regarding expectations? 

send us some pics documenting your growth over time. we all want to help.

there has been really zero growth in my view

which is why I'm not posting pics

Who was the surgeon?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY