Just hit 5 months post surgery

still not seeing much of anything. I think my hairline is a little better but crown and midscalp still looks about the same. I had a huge amount of hairs transplanted (12-13,000) and my hair is incredibly thick/coarse AND wavy. Every surgery I see on people with my hair type results in spectacular results (I have hair similar to Indians). I'm a NW3V with very high sides.

What would you guys do if you were me?  Is it normal for growth to start at 5 month mark?

Edited by AnalogFeel

2 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

any pre surgery vs current pics?

5 months is only the beginning. Seriously. You've only just come into the 1st growth cycle. This is when you will start noticing changes and even then those changes might only be small. Im at 8 months myself and the majority of my growth happened between the 7th-8th month.  

Im guessing you've had around 4000 grafts surgery?

4000 grafts and my doctor said it was basically all 3s and 4s. 

you can see how incredibly thick, coarse and wavy my hair is. I was expecting spectacular results

transplatn 2.jpg

1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

I know it sucks but patience is the only advice anyone can really offer at this stage. 

Do you know when you started shedding hairs after the surgery?

Hair type I'd agree - your hair is very wavy and thick. But "spectacular results"at only 5 months is the exception, not the rule IMO

I started shedding hair immediately after surgery. I don't seem to be shedding much anymore

Edited by AnalogFeel

Agree with everyone, your hair looks good to me at 5 months.

as Melvin, one of the moderators here, once told me that kind of hair clogs together and it seems thin.

my hair is also kinda wavy and i (without meds) didn't look so good at 5 months, i believe in the 3-4 months coming you will see the difference. the most important thing now is to stay calm and just let the time to go by.

can you post some pre-op picture?

Edited by wheretogo

3 hours ago, wheretogo said:

Agree with everyone, your hair looks good to me at 5 months.

as Melvin, one of the moderators here, once told me that kind of hair clogs together and it seems thin.

my hair is also kinda wavy and i (without meds) didn't look so good at 5 months, i believe in the 3-4 months coming you will see the difference. the most important thing now is to stay calm and just let the time to go by.

can you post some pre-op picture?

the hair line is ok, the midscalp and crown are horrible

Edited by AnalogFeel

4 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Honestly it's the beginning. The grafted hairs are only just beginning to grow after a dormant period so waiting for spectacular results right now might only make you frustrated. It should be in the next 2-3 months that you should some indication of whats going to happen. At least that is my experience. Hope that helps

yes helps a lot thanks

1 hour ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Little hard to tell anything from the photos - you hair is very curly/wavy and we don't have any pre-op comparison photos - but if you are already noticing hairs in the hairline that would be a good sign. 

there's just no way that a guy like me who gets 13000 hairs transplanted, hair that is extremely thick/coarse/wavy, from a very good doctor is not going to have fantastic results right?

23 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Im not a doctor or anything. Im just a guy that got 2 HT's that wants to assure you given my own experience that you just need a little more patience. Im pretty sure everyone else that has had a HT would tell you the same. You've made it over the "ugly duckling" phase - which is the toughest stage - and youre about to enter a period where the results will start revealing themselves more fully. 

The best thing to go by is what the doctor has told you in respect to your case, and what other results the doctor has in the same graft range. Other than that try and relax, because focusing on having "fantastic results" is going to drive you nuts. 

all his results on men with hair texture like mine has been incredibly drastic - which is why I picked him

hair-restoration-surgical-procedure-top-

hair-replacement-pictures-crown-175027.j

i would argue both those men are more bald than me and they only had around 2800-3200 grafts done. I had 4K grafts done so you can see why I'm expecting the best results in hair transplant history

Edited by AnalogFeel

Possibly you are a late bloomer and it also sounds like you experienced some shock loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

It's hard to properly judge, because we don't have a comparison of how you looked before surgery.You should try and take pictures each month. This way you can accurately gauge your progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m not sure Brahma ,, u had a lot of native hair , diffusse thinning all up top .. but patches of bald areas.. I’m not sure sprinkling hairs all over is the best strategy .. u more than likely will suffer collateral damage of native hairs .. n also ur transplanted hair n native hair will be struggling to get that blood supply .. so call it bro-science , but that could slow down ur growth ., a total bald area being transplanted into, I see those guys getting more early growth than with folks with existing hair .. but if everything goes great, u should get a good transplant, since native hair blending in with transplanted hair usually looks the most natural .. 

3 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I’m not sure Brahma ,, u had a lot of native hair , diffusse thinning all up top .. but patches of bald areas.. I’m not sure sprinkling hairs all over is the best strategy .. u more than likely will suffer collateral damage of native hairs .. n also ur transplanted hair n native hair will be struggling to get that blood supply .. so call it bro-science , but that could slow down ur growth ., a total bald area being transplanted into, I see those guys getting more early growth than with folks with existing hair .. but if everything goes great, u should get a good transplant, since native hair blending in with transplanted hair usually looks the most natural .. 

the doctor put in hairs all over my scalp

the dry pics are a little misleading- it looks very patchy cause my hair is so curly so it tends to curl up into patches and leaves an area looking very bald. If you see my hair wet, I've just lost a good amount all over - the crown is by far the worst

i don't know if i really had a ton of native hair. My hair is very very thick so it makes it look higher density than it really is

Edited by AnalogFeel

4 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Oh yeah , n why u being so shy about posting ur post surgery pics .. u don’t have a problem talking about masterbation issues but shy about current pics ? We all bros here.. ain’t no one going to criticize u .. 

I've been takings pics and they all look the same, no difference

You’re back.  Like clockwork!!   Maybe your’re growing slow because of stress/anxiety.   You’ve been coming on this board every month with the same tale...4,000 grafts, over 13,000 hairs, wavy, high sides, just look at these pictures of people who aren’t me!, how fucked are you poor NW7 guys?  Sure glad that’s not me! Oh no, what if it IS me?  The stress is killing me!! I need to whack off and change my username!

Every month people tell you to calm down and be patient.  You can’t manage to do it. No wonder you’re going bald.  Now please, for your own good, and the good of humanity, calm down and wait 7 g-d damn months  

Melvin, you should change your name to Saint Melvin!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

You’re back.  Like clockwork!!   Maybe your’re growing slow because of stress/anxiety.   You’ve been coming on this board every month with the same tale...4,000 grafts, over 13,000 hairs, wavy, high sides, just look at these pictures of people who aren’t me!, how fucked are you poor NW7 guys?  Sure glad that’s not me! Oh no, what if it IS me?  The stress is killing me!! I need to whack off and change my username!

Every month people tell you to calm down and be patient.  You can’t manage to do it. No wonder you’re going bald.  Now please, for your own good, and the good of humanity, calm down and wait 7 g-d damn months  

Melvin, you should change your name to Saint Melvin!!

I posted pictures of guys who had very similar hair texture to me who had transplants done who all had spectacular results

How many NW7 guys are here? prolly less than 10%. Most are in situation very similar to me

Time to ask for a refund then as its obviously aa failure after 5 months. Let us know what the doc says!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

5 months is still early, check out the “are Dr. Dieps results real” thread. There is a giy on there who looked disastrous at 5 months now at 9 months is recovering well and improving each month. It’s a slow process for some.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Probably not very many NW 7's for the obvious reasons but then again there are NW 7's who understand their limitations and have adjusted their goals and expectations accordingly.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

5 months is still early, check out the “are Dr. Dieps results real” thread. There is a giy on there who looked disastrous at 5 months now at 9 months is recovering well and improving each month. It’s a slow process for some.

okay 

Sorry, I'm going crazy because I feel like the surgery resulted in some shock loss...so the fact that I look worse than previous is very scary

It's not uncommon especially when there is significant native hair present pre-op.

But like Melvin stated, it can be a slow process.

But it will recover eventually...it just takes some time.

Gillenator