Top 3 WORST Hairstyles For Balding Men

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

We've all seen that guy with the terrible comb over or the the guy with the 80's rock band long hair except he has no more hair on top.

I encourage you guys to take a few minutes out of your day to read this article. Please share this with anyone who has or is thinking of sporting one of these hairstyles.

Top 3 WORST Hairstyles For Balding Men

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would like to recommend this article to one or two of my male relatives but I don't have the heart:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators

I mean you could always just causally send it and say you meant to send it to someone else 😉

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I might do that actually. They're pretty thick-skinned really and would probably see the funny side (I hope...)

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I tend to agree with the combovers, but the "long sides/bald top" doesn't seem too bad (depending on just how long they let the sides grown, of course ;) ). In fact, it reads to me like someone who has just accepted their hair for what it is and allows it to grow how it grows. Given that not everyone sees a HT as a viable option, and may not want a buzz cut or a hair system, I can't think of another alternative. 

But definite NO to the combovers. 🙂

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

In my opinion the Dr. Phil and George Costanza styles aren’t flattering, but to each his own. 

View my thread

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion the Dr. Phil and George Costanza styles aren’t flattering, but to each his own. 

Haha! Yes, those examples aren't the best. I'm particularly thinking of some guys I know in my life who seem to pull it off rather well - and I guess the larger point is that aside from buzzing down completely or getting a HT, I don't know what other alternative these guys have. (Unless they want a hair system - but there seems to be a greater stigma around those than even HTs or a really bad hairstyle.) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

Personally, if you’re not gonna treat the hair loss, you should buzz your head. Ultimately, that’s accepting your hair loss in a manner that lowers the contrast. 

It’s all about contrast, this is why guys who shave their head look better growing a beard, because now there is something that diverts attention from the bald head and brings the attention back to the persons face. Obviously, if someone is happy sporting the Dr. Phil or hell even a comb over not much I can say, I personally wouldn’t do it, but if it makes them happy it’s fine by me 😊

• Like 1

View my thread