FUE 2800 DHI Grafts for hairline Dr Emrah Cinik

HairShadows

Hi all,

Thanks to many of you posting your experiences and photos I have finally decided to have a hair transplant mostly for my receding hairline.

When the number of days after a hair cut it took for my hair to look good increased from 5, to 10, to 14, to 30, I knew something had to be done, and I am truly appreciative of the amazing options we have available to us in this day and age.

There is some thinning to the crown but I was not bothered by it (below photo is quite a harsh view of it)

Of the 3 options available, I opted for the DHI method in which they use utilise choi pens to implant the hairs for a denser result. Apparently a DHI expert is flown in to conduct the operation.

Grafts: 2800
Date: 1st September 2018

PRE operation pics
These are all 'best hair' photos - hair grown long to hide the recession. I rarely allowed photos when my hair was short.

DSC_0491-Blurred.JPG

DSC_1830-Blurred.JPG

DSC_1832-Edited.JPG

Edited by HairShadows

I had my hair transplant on 1st Sep 2018. Follow my progress here: FUE 2800 DHI Grafts Dr Cinik

Post surgery photos

DSC_0118-Blurred.JPG.bac8b3194a7d5ec868c428bdc6790f86.JPG Shits about to start!

DSC_0127-Blurred.JPG.a89bfe392fb91c398f155225058c0429.JPG During lunch break

DSC_0133-Blurred.JPG.091ec4df7ca19a9fe7269bddb9324dbf.JPG All done - was so out of it at this stage, could barely walk straight.

DSC_0134-Blurred.JPG.848f0d023774a9899dda80288d9cf365.JPG Close up of the grafts and hairline

Edited by HairShadows

I had my hair transplant on 1st Sep 2018. Follow my progress here: FUE 2800 DHI Grafts Dr Cinik

22 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Who is the “dhi expert” that they fly in and where are they from? 

When I asked a staff for the name he said he didn't know because she was brought in from elsewhere..he did tell me where but I didn't quite catch what it was he said

11 minutes ago, MrOneSeries said:

At what point were you given the DHI option?

Right from the outset there were 3 options presented to me:

1) FUE & Technician implants - Extracted by technicians & channels created by technicians with Dr Cinik overseeing (cheapest)
2) FUE & Dr Cinik implants - Extracted by technicians & channels openings created by Dr Cinik (middle expense)
3) FUE & DHI implants - All performed by the DHI team (most expensive)

All 3 are still shown on Dr Cinik's site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in Istanbul for 10 days and Dr Cinik's staff kindly offered me a wash every day as well as collection from hotel, and transport to back to Titanic Hotel which was about 20 mins away.

Here are some photos from day 10.

IMG-20180911-WA0008.png.035294be2a9a5cd8645decc0b143eae2.png Day 10

DSC_0277-Blur.thumb.png.dda30c9a6e81863a8ca90a6a68f89af4.pngRight view

Looks great as far as I can tell. I’m highly considering DHI with Dr Cinik’s clinic in March. How was your experience with them? Personally I get nervous when I think about traveling across the world to have a procedure done. I was quoted 2000-2500 grafts for my hairline. They seem to have good reviews and the price point is a big deciding factor for me. Thanks! Good luck healing up!

• Like 1

My experience was fantastic, the staff are nice - people going about their jobs, as they would anywhere in the world.

The clinic offered me a wash every day, including all transport from the hotel. They also gave me a free second PRP treatment on day 8 (first is during the procedure), and furthermore the clinic confirmed with Dr Cinik that if I was in Istanbul again, I could get my 'second' PRP treatment for free again.

I bought their vitamin and shampoo package (was it 200 or 300 Euros, I can't remember) which consisted of a hair friendly multi-vitamin, Finasteride 5mg, Saw Palmetto, 6x Shampoos etcetc, but after realising I had most of it at home, when I asked for a refund they did so, no questions asked.

The team doing my surgery didn't speak much English but I certainly wasn't expecting to go to another country and expecting all of them to speak my language by default. They do have a huge admin team though which contains many translators of various languages. Dr Cinik can converse fully in English as can some of his staff.

Ultimately though the most important thing is the result, and that is what I will reserve my judgement for. I am 3.5 months in, having exited the ugly duckling phase about 2/3 weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2018 at 8:57 PM, HairShadows said:

I stayed in Istanbul for 10 days and Dr Cinik's staff kindly offered me a wash every day as well as collection from hotel, and transport to back to Titanic Hotel which was about 20 mins away.

Here are some photos from day 10.

IMG-20180911-WA0008.png.035294be2a9a5cd8645decc0b143eae2.png Day 10

DSC_0277-Blur.thumb.png.dda30c9a6e81863a8ca90a6a68f89af4.pngRight view

This looks very clean. Seems like you gonna have good density. I will follow your post; quite curious about the progress and results.

• Like 1

At week 3 I have started shedding. Once the hairs fell out, the VERY obvious red scalp was revealed and it looked awful. Ugly duckling indeed, I hate to think how bad it will get.

Here are photos at the 1 month stage. About 60% of the grafts have fallen out.

DSC_0053.JPG-B-Masked.png.325728fa9ad2ae522a24c8c1197c8679.png

DSC_0045.JPG-B-Masked.png.298beae5fb381e0acdfdd66d9a988d80.png

9 minutes ago, AK_49 said:

You said you were about 3.5 months in? Any current photos of your progress?

Hey I'm going to catch up with all of my progress on this blog over the next few days. At 3 months I had an explosion of growth - so much popping that seemed miraculous due to the hellish ugly duckling period I went through. The 2 month photos are really really bad.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude!!! Sorry I missed the updates! Congrats on pulling the trigger, how is everything going? You're right in the ugly duckling stage..it's s rollercoaster for sure but the end of the ride is worth it!

From your last photos everything looked great, would love to see where you're at now!

• Like 1

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Hi  - sorry for the lack of updates, I've been so busy and away from home.

I am at 5 months now and I will slowly post all my photos.

My ugly duckling period was BAD - there was a strip of redness at the top of forehead that stood out as there was very little hair there.

At 10 weeks lots of popping came through.

I worried *a lot* between weeks 10 and 16 because I could not detect any further popping of hairs, however around week 16, all the hair that had come through thickened considerably and this made a huge difference.

I saw my sister at week 16, then did not see her again till week 18 but when I did her mouth dropped open and she could not stop staring at my hair.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Kraistoff said:

Hello mate

wheres the photo in the countryside ?

This was Snowdonia in Wales

9 minutes ago, HairShadows said:

Hi  - sorry for the lack of updates, I've been so busy and away from home.

I am at 5 months now and I will slowly post all my photos.

My ugly duckling period was BAD - there was a strip of redness at the top of forehead that stood out as there was very little hair there.

At 10 weeks lots of popping came through.

I worried *a lot* between weeks 10 and 16 because I could not detect any further popping of hairs, however around week 16, all the hair that had come through thickened considerably and this made a huge difference.

I saw my sister at week 16, then did not see her again till week 18 but when I did her mouth dropped open and she could not stop staring at my hair.

This was Snowdonia in Wales

Thought so ! That’s where I am from 

• Like 1

At 7 weeks, some dark days in the tunnel with no sign of light. This was the worst stage for pimples, and the photo below shows it at it's worst with 3 concurrent spots, otherwise generally had none or only 1 or 2.

DSC_0140.JPG-B-Masked.png.979d9b62a859058928f77cfe6ef09361.png

My hair looked awful - in the end the situation was improved when I went for a shaved head look.