Scalp white after washing.

Knight88

Hello. 

I am almost 4 weeks post FUE. This week I have noticed that after I wash my hair/scalp there is a build up of something white after I’ve rinsed with water. 

It is visible whilst the scalp is wet and then once dry it disappears. 

Anyone experienced this? Any ideas what it is? 

9C082B00-805E-40B9-9CAB-D45E531AA42B.jpeg

805D74DE-1E32-4093-8154-5994BFA00303.png

Not sure really. Id guess it might be scabbing material from your surgery that hasn’t been scrubbed off well as you might have been too gentle (totally understandable I kind of did the same), a scalp condition such as seb derm/dandruff, or possibly dry scalp which I hear is somewhat common temporarily after a procedure.

in any case I’d contact your doctor and send him/her your pics 

Ask your doctor but I’m sure you’re just fine.  I had what I called “scab grit” about the same number of days after surgery.  I actually massaged my head a bit too much in the shower and the “grit” kind of scratched my already numb scalp.  Best of luck, you have lots to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 7 months later...

at 5 weeks Post op I am experiencing this exact situation as the OP. Does anyone know how to remove this white stuff thats directly on the scalp? I'm afraid I was being too gentle the first couple weeks post-surgeryYou can really only see it when your head is wet after you shower. It seems like it will only come off if i use my nails to rub it off? Is this recommended? I don't what this white material to inhibit any growth which is why I ask.

After 5 weeks there shouldn't be anything you can do to damage your new grafts or inhibit growth.  They have been secure since the end of your first week.  Ask your doctor but I'm sure its nothing to worry about.  Remember, you had lots of numbing shots on your head so don't scratch too hard, your heads going to be partly numb for many more weeks....typically.  Just be careful.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.