FUE Everything You Need To Know

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

Here's a little guide for anyone interested in having an FUE, what do you guys think? Do any of you have anything to add.

FUE Hair Transplant Surgery Everything You Need To Know

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A couple of things I would like to add.......

This technique can be done in a number of ways as there are many systems available.  Some dry, some wet, ARTAS, etc. Typically it is not the doctor that does the harvesting.  Make sure to ask who specifically will be doing the work, and their qualifications.  

I am always concerned with ARTAS because it uses a punch greater than a .9mm.  This will always leave scarring in the back that looks like honeycomb.  Typically .7mm or less is ideal, it leaves an undetectable mark,  

Again, do your research.  Ask for photos of the work.  

• Administrators

Good points, but I will say that smaller than .7mm can be quite challenging especially with individuals with thick and coarse hair. I just feel there is a higher chance of transection, but ultimately it comes down to the skill of the tech or surgeon doing the extractions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.