"Urgent" - time after FUT before flying

Hi guys! This is quite urgent as I ideally want to buy my flight today. I had reserved/paid for everything except the flight and only realised today. How many days after a large FUT operation should you wait before flying again? Not from a health point of view as the doctor said 1-2 days is fine. I just means in terms of everything (how you're feeling; swelling; pain etc.) Thanks

After my FUT I stayed in a hotel for 7 days before travelling. I was in discomfort after the FUT for 3 to 4 days with pain and swelling. Personally I would stay away from flight travel for first few days.

I flew on the morning of the second day after a large FUT surgery. Pain was manageable with meds given to me by the surgeon. I wouldn’t say I was comfortable, but I made it home. Also, I’m glad I didn’t fly on days 3-4 because I had a lot of swelling and it was at its worst during those days.

Edited by Spaceman
Format

In my case, I needed to be back home on the second day post-op (the second day of the next month in your example) so that’s when I traveled. I could have managed traveling on any of the post-op days 2-7 if I needed to.  At the same time, I understand thappa’s advice. If you are able to hang out in town for a while to recover, that would probably be ideal. It would also allow you to return to the clinic for multiple washings. 

Swelling starts right away, but gets worse for a few days as fluid moves from your recipient area down into your face.  My swelling peaked about the same time as Phil’s. And I looked like a Neanderthal too. A Neanderthal who’d been punched in the face.