dr Rahal, is he still hairline king?

• Administrators

He is still a great doctor no doubt. I see no reason why things would have changed since a few years back. With that said, "hairline king" is highly subjective. He's a great surgeon with a long track record and consistent results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Freitas, Keser, Baubac, Hasson are some I would also consider.

Obviously it relates to preference also, much more important that you yourself can look at results of various surgeons and understand why and which you prefer. No surgeon can guarantee good results either, but I personally would have strongly considered Rahal if I was looking for FUT.

I recently did a consult with Rahal and I found his recommendations  interesting but still kind of caught me off guard and I'm having a hard time getting completely on broad with them I really didn't  want to have to deal with incremental  HT's  or temporary ongoing procedures like  SMP's and find myself  still looking for a better alternative.  

Anyways here's some of what they had to say below along with a link to his pre and post op instruction and  treatment plans and resent picture of my hair-loss wet 

Wondering how his pre and post treatment plans compare to other doctors  I don't know if its just me but  do they seem a little intense ?

I ran your photos by Dr. Rahal and he agreed that it is a bit early to be targeting your crown area.  The diffuse thinning you are experiencing in that area means high risk of shock loss so they fear is you will not see enough benefit to be worth targeting the area. He is however more then happy to fill in your temple angles and strengthen your hairline and frontal zones. You should also consider adding our PRP with your hair transplant, and as an ongoing treatment to prevent future loss.The cost to add it with your procedure is $650 +hst. The other procedure we discussed was Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP). I know you weren't a huge fan of the idea but it can be a great way to add density to your crown area that we are not targeting with surgery SMP is a small semi-permanent pigment that we do on the scalp to help boost the illusion of density by minimizing the contrast between your hair colour and skin tone. It lasts about 5 years. The cost for a density treatment for the crown area is $2,800.00 CAD+tax. It normally takes 2 treatments designed as a layering effect to give the most natural appearance and duplicate the appearance of native hair follicles. If this is of interest we could coordinate this to be done when you make the trip for surgery. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tNfzdIOkxFUswS7eOXZG1seBKWuGVW6x

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y54RNvN-aMLfYT3SelO-rRjyaT3QgpxF

Wet-Top.jpg

14 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Freitas, Keser, Baubac, Hasson are some I would also consider.

Obviously it relates to preference also, much more important that you yourself can look at results of various surgeons and understand why and which you prefer. No surgeon can guarantee good results either, but I personally would have strongly considered Rahal if I was looking for FUT.

Baubac has amazing clinic posted results, but I have not seen any patient testimonials which is odd since apparently he received a reward for most FUE cases in the US or something like that, I'm trying to find some patient testimonials

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 12:39 AM, Markee said:

I recently did a consult with Rahal and I found his recommendations  interesting but still kind of caught me off guard and I'm having a hard time getting completely on broad with them I really didn't  want to have to deal with incremental  HT's  or temporary ongoing procedures like  SMP's and find myself  still looking for a better alternative.  

Anyways here's some of what they had to say below along with a link to his pre and post op instruction and  treatment plans and resent picture of my hair-loss wet 

Wondering how his pre and post treatment plans compare to other doctors  I don't know if its just me but  do they seem a little intense ?

I ran your photos by Dr. Rahal and he agreed that it is a bit early to be targeting your crown area.  The diffuse thinning you are experiencing in that area means high risk of shock loss so they fear is you will not see enough benefit to be worth targeting the area. He is however more then happy to fill in your temple angles and strengthen your hairline and frontal zones. You should also consider adding our PRP with your hair transplant, and as an ongoing treatment to prevent future loss.The cost to add it with your procedure is $650 +hst. The other procedure we discussed was Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP). I know you weren't a huge fan of the idea but it can be a great way to add density to your crown area that we are not targeting with surgery SMP is a small semi-permanent pigment that we do on the scalp to help boost the illusion of density by minimizing the contrast between your hair colour and skin tone. It lasts about 5 years. The cost for a density treatment for the crown area is $2,800.00 CAD+tax. It normally takes 2 treatments designed as a layering effect to give the most natural appearance and duplicate the appearance of native hair follicles. If this is of interest we could coordinate this to be done when you make the trip for surgery. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tNfzdIOkxFUswS7eOXZG1seBKWuGVW6x

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y54RNvN-aMLfYT3SelO-rRjyaT3QgpxF

Wet-Top.jpg

i'm not a fan of SMP either, and was also recommended the service at an extra cost of course in my last procedure with Rahal .. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, home1212 said:

i'm not a fan of SMP either, and was also recommended the service at an extra cost of course in my last procedure with Rahal .. 

Definitely would help to see some more resent personal  reviews of the good doctors work 

How did your procedure turn out did you post your experience ?

Here's some newer dated Youtube videos posted by Rahal's people 

https://www.youtube.com/user/rahalhairtransplant/videos

Edited by Markee

I dunno if Rahal is still the hairline king but I do know his patient coordinator named Aaron Bugayong with the Filipino accent was hands down the most annoying person I have ever dealt with at a ht doctors office. He would call me in the middle of the afternoon during work hours and if I didn’t answer he would dial again and again. He would leave the same voicemail message for me and even called me by the wrong name once. This was all before I had even scheduled an appointment for a consultation. Then he would follow up with a cut and paste email telling me “WE WONT GIVE UP ON YOU WE WANT TO HELP YOU GET YOUR HAIR BACK.” 

Horrible aggressive marketing strategy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

I dunno if Rahal is still the hairline king but I do know his patient coordinator named Aaron Bugayong with the Filipino accent was hands down the most annoying person I have ever dealt with at a ht doctors office. He would call me in the middle of the afternoon during work hours and if I didn’t answer he would dial again and again. He would leave the same voicemail message for me and even called me by the wrong name once. This was all before I had even scheduled an appointment for a consultation. Then he would follow up with a cut and paste email telling me “WE WONT GIVE UP ON YOU WE WANT TO HELP YOU GET YOUR HAIR BACK.” 

Horrible aggressive marketing strategy

Yeah i delt with that guy  Aaron first contact back in Aug  then he transferred me over to some other dude James Freda he did my consult viewed me on cam took a day or 2 and they sent me there treatment plan after that I only heard from them one time asking me how I'm doing and if I  ready to schedule.  Replayed back told him still considering him against other doctors and asked him to  make me a deal I can't refuse :)

So what did you wind up doing ?

I want to get this done some time in 2019 just having trouble getting on -board with his particular doctors plan 

18 hours ago, Markee said:

Definitely would help to see some more resent personal  reviews of the good doctors work 

How did your procedure turn out did you post your experience ?

Here's some newer dated Youtube videos posted by Rahal's people 

https://www.youtube.com/user/rahalhairtransplant/videos

Markee, I had 3 FUE procedures with Rahal - starting in 2014, 2k grafts to restore hairline, 2015 1.5k grafts to midscalp, and 2017 1k grafts toward rear and some crown but not full crown. I did post photos and my results on here, in fact, doing my research on here is how I went went Rahal, I did not want to do a strip procedure. I am from the NJ/NY area and originally consulted with Feller, but he offered no FUE option for my case. While I had to do it in stages with Rahal, I'm definitely happy with my decision, he's ethical and very conservative which is what I was looking for. I pay no attention to the marketing or consultants involved in the process, they are like independent contractors, and quite frankly, when you consult in person with Rahal the day before surgery, its never the same treatment plan as was prescribed by the consultant. 

Edited by home1212

markee, i don’t see the concern with the plan just looking at that one photo you posted. The crown looks “intacked”. It doesn’t look thin (keeping the wet hair in mind). The front looks more sparse which is what Rahal said he would reinforce. What can’t you get on board with?

On 11/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, hairlossPA said:

Yeah i wish there was more Rahal threads on here. I haven’t seen any recent ones lately...

I do like Rahals hairlines and also Dieps. 

I think Rahal recreates some of the most natural hairlines I've ever seen - almost mimicking the individual's God given natural hairline. If you look closely at Diep's work, at least to me, it seems to be a very similar hairline pattern for every patient, although the work and end result is usually good. Just my opinion and preference.

Edited by home1212
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Markee said:

Yeah i delt with that guy  Aaron first contact back in Aug  then he transferred me over to some other dude James Freda he did my consult viewed me on cam took a day or 2 and they sent me there treatment plan after that I only heard from them one time asking me how I'm doing and if I  ready to schedule.  Replayed back told him still considering him against other doctors and asked him to  make me a deal I can't refuse :)

So what did you wind up doing ?

I want to get this done some time in 2019 just having trouble getting on -board with his particular doctors plan 

I Cancelled my consult. Yes I did talk to James and he was great compared to Aaron. At that time I was close to already setting up a surgery date with another doctor. But honestly Aaron’s actions painted a big negative pic for me from the start. Secondly I didn’t like the fact that they wanted to do a Skype call with a patient coordinator and not the doc himself to review my hair loss with me.

my complaint isn’t about rahal directly and I can’t speak about his work. But that Aaron guy... jeez...seemed like they brought him directly from a Filipino call center to do this job 

First of all for me I not really a big fan of incremental procedures my hope is  to try get the job done and move on with my life not to go in already knowing upfront only part of  the job is getting done ?

I really really don't want to have go  through this whole mess again after just a few years?

Also something about this plan gives me the feeling like maybe this is part of a business model  to maximize profits  by focusing  on setting up the customer for some continual future revisions in the end costing upwards of 30 to 40k ?

As for  the SMP it maybe a good idea looks wise  for my particular issue  but also adds to the feeling of more  incremental temporary solutions and maybe of some up sell going on there jack up the bill 

SMP is also a hassle with some mandatory continual update procedures to maintain it 

I want to make the  move get something done in 2019 still trying to find some better options 

in the end with all cons I'm still  considering having him do it just having some problems getting on board is all 

Maybe a pre-op inperson consult is a good idea ?

Edited by Markee

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Markee said:

First of all for me I not really a big fan of incremental procedures my hope is  to try get the job done and move on with my life not to go in already knowing upfront only part of  the job is getting done ?

I really really don't want to have go  through this whole mess again after just a few years?

Also something about this plan gives me the feeling like maybe this is part of a business model  to maximize profits  by focusing  on setting up the customer for some continual future revisions in the end costing upwards of 30 to 40k ?

As for  the SMP it maybe a good idea looks wise  for my particular issue  but also adds to the feeling of more  incremental temporary solutions and maybe of some up sell going on there jack up the bill 

SMP is also a hassle with some mandatory continual update procedures to maintain it 

I want to make the  move get something done in 2019 still trying to find some better options 

in the end with all cons I'm still  considering having him do it just having some problems getting on board is all 

Maybe a pre-op inperson consult is a good idea ?

Going in to hair restoration thinking you will be one and done is not the best way to go about things. It's likely you will require more surgeries down the line, especially since you still have a lot of hair to lose especially in the crown and midscalp.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Going in to hair restoration thinking you will be one and done is not the best way to go about things. It's likely you will require more surgeries down the line, especially since you still have a lot of hair to lose especially in the crown and midscalp.

I have to agree with you about future loss in my case especially my mid scalp and crown area maybe  on the way out  but again almost everyone's hair loss is progressive and almost everyone may need or want  additional surgeries in there futures sooner or later.

That being said  there are also countless surgeries done and posted right here where that first surgery  was preformed right and theirs absolutely no need to even have to consider a second procedure for a long long long time. 

So as I search for the best option my expectations start right there I hope to get this done right the first time and not even have to think about additional surgeries for a long time to come. 

Below  I've posted just a few links that quickly came to mind where just one procedure is all it took to get it right  and there are many many more and many started with much worse hair-loss then mine. 

So I have to say If they can do it with a little help from my fellow hair-loss friends here hopefully so can I ?  :)

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/49355-countdown-to-my-ht/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-486155

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50151-3500-scheduled-with-dr-cinik-1212/

Edited by Markee

On 11/23/2018 at 10:28 AM, home1212 said:

Markee, I had 3 FUE procedures with Rahal - starting in 2014, 2k grafts to restore hairline, 2015 1.5k grafts to midscalp, and 2017 1k grafts toward rear and some crown but not full crown. I did post photos and my results on here, in fact, doing my research on here is how I went went Rahal, I did not want to do a strip procedure. I am from the NJ/NY area and originally consulted with Feller, but he offered no FUE option for my case. While I had to do it in stages with Rahal, I'm definitely happy with my decision, he's ethical and very conservative which is what I was looking for. I pay no attention to the marketing or consultants involved in the process, they are like independent contractors, and quite frankly, when you consult in person with Rahal the day before surgery, its never the same treatment plan as was prescribed by the consultant. 

Home12312  Are the posts from your past procedures still kicking around you can point me to see ? 

On 11/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, jj51702 said:

I Cancelled my consult. Yes I did talk to James and he was great compared to Aaron. At that time I was close to already setting up a surgery date with another doctor. But honestly Aaron’s actions painted a big negative pic for me from the start. Secondly I didn’t like the fact that they wanted to do a Skype call with a patient coordinator and not the doc himself to review my hair loss with me.

my complaint isn’t about rahal directly and I can’t speak about his work. But that Aaron guy... jeez...seemed like they brought him directly from a Filipino call center to do this job 

JJ What did you do  who did you decide  to  go with ?

Edited by Markee

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, Phil36fromaus said:

I had trouble with my last HT so I stopped working in that industry and decided to drink rum and get fat instead :)

You didn't have your second procedure with Dr. Konior? If I may ask, why not? And what happened with the second procedure?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

11 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Because I'm an idiot :)

I can see the long wait time and cost being a reason. But dang, how does one mess up Konior's work? Hope it all works out for you, man. 

• Like 1

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018