Traction Alopecia - 2500 grafts done with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), 6 months

Mr. Gary used to wear a turban since his childhood till the age of 30. As expected, he developed traction alopecia on the frontal scalp as well as the side locks and the temple points. He wanted to remove the turban and have a natural hairline. He had a bigger size of head and the surface area to be covered was surprisingly larger. In this type of turban induced traction alopecia cases, the difficult area is to do the temple and side locks going up to above the ear. Since these cases are not graded baldness cases, there is a sharp border of high density on the front. So, during transplantation if the transplanted hair does not attain matching density, then the result will not be considered great. So, providing an optimum density in the transplanted area is very important. In this case, we planted 2500 grafts, all extracted from the scalp and the results presented here are after 1 year.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.38.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.40.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.40.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.38.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.39.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.41.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.38.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.39.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.40.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.39.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.39.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.41.07 PM.png

There is not reason to believe that the scalp folds are from weight or the turban. Tons of people wear turbans that do not have this. 

The folds are from a condition called cutis verticis grata.

Nice case tho. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:11 AM, Spanker said:

There is not reason to believe that the scalp folds are from weight or the turban. Tons of people wear turbans that do not have this. 

The folds are from a condition called cutis verticis grata.

Nice case tho. 

I think the folds are not enough in the dimensions of sulci and gyri to be called as CVG (Cutis Verticis Gyrata). 

(Attached are few pics of CVG. It can be more read in PUBMED.)

You are right all who wear turbans don’t develop this necessarily. 

In this case, there were no internal cranial complains or problems. So was not traced deep. It has also improved. 

I will try to capture the pic when he returns back. (Though it will be difficult to do that with long hair!)

Thank you for appreciating the case.

EBB74F03-0F3C-40A0-AECE-11EE498E82EA.jpeg

D385CAD8-B039-4DDD-9D39-E298927775C6.jpeg

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

• Administrators

Very nice hairline great work!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.