2500 FUE grafts with Dr. Laorwong at Absolute Hair Clinic in Bangkok

PeterHT

Hi everyone,

I have reached the 5 months mark and I am "for now" 88% satisfied with the result. (I made an edit here as previously I had made a mistake and declared I had reached the 6 months mark).

As you can see from the pictures, I have a full head of hair again and I am definitely very happy I did the surgery. :) Would I do it again with Dr. Laorwong? The answer is still yes. On the downside, if one looks a little closely, one can still see some gaps between the hairs. I would say that where I got the grafts I have about 50% to 60% of the density as compared to where I still have my natural hairline. I do hope more hairs come up or the hair thickens more in the next months so as to look like a full head of hair but I am not sure this will happen. Take a look at the pictures. If the resolution is too low to see clearly, tell me and I will take new pictures and repost. Experts, let me know your impressions.

Kind regards everyone.

Peter

IMG_20190425_093709.jpg

IMG_20190425_093734.jpg

IMG_20190425_094315.jpg

IMG_20190425_094513.jpg

Edited by PeterHT
Mistake on the number of months post-operation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Elduterino. Yes, even though my haircut and combing on the picture was pretty bad, I can attest that the hairline looks natural. Good luck with your own final result. Looking good so far.

• 3 months later...

Hi GEazy and everyone,

Here's my latest and last update at month 8. Overall, I am very satisfied I did the HT with Dr. Laorwong (thank you Doctor). I believe the density to be good enough and the hairline to look good and natural. Conclusion: I am a happy dude and am happy to recommend the Dr. Laorwong one more time. I hope all these posts have been useful to you and invite you to share your own experience to assist others.

ps. In the pics below, I have a lot of hair and my hair is curly so the density is slightly more accentuated on these pics but even with short hair the result is still very natural. Cheers!

Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/31/2019 at 4:02 AM, PeterHT said:

Hi GEazy and everyone,

Here's my latest and last update at month 8. Overall, I am very satisfied I did the HT with Dr. Laorwong (thank you Doctor). I believe the density to be good enough and the hairline to look good and natural. Conclusion: I am a happy dude and am happy to recommend the Dr. Laorwong one more time. I hope all these posts have been useful to you and invite you to share your own experience to assist others.

ps. In the pics below, I have a lot of hair and my hair is curly so the density is slightly more accentuated on these pics but even with short hair the result is still very natural. Cheers!

Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Thanks for the update. I have been following your progress with great interest.

Your hair in the pics look great man! Huge improvement.

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

- are you using topik or other hair concealer product in those pics?

- how does the density look under more harsh lighting, or under direct sunlight?  

Edited by Newby888

Hi Newby888 and HRSN community,

This is a response to Newby888 and my last post (for some years at least) . I have written extensively already for 8 months now and have completed my mission of giving a full and honest recount of my experience. I want to move on with my life now. Thanks for understanding.

So now my answers.

1. No topik or any concealer was applied. That would defeat the purpose of these posts so would not make sense to do.

2. I am not an expert on density. What I can tell you is that I feel my density has improved somewhat from month 5 (approximately 35% more). Go back and see pictures. And so, again even with short hair, full light on, etc, result looks really natural, normal and good enough for me, even though I am a demanding guy. Also, people I talk too tell me they did not know I had an operation and everything looks great. I hope this relieves your doubts. 

The only recommendations I would have for Dr. Laorwong would be that:

1. before operation he try to be a little more methodical and explain the step by step process in a little more process-like and clear manner so as to appear more professional. This would help bring his approach to the level of an expert surgeon and help his patients feel they are in the hands of an expert and therefore feel really comfortable/relaxed before, during and after operation.

2. He show a little more empathy to his patient. Again for the purpose of relieving stress of patient.

Having said all this, Dr. Laorwong's approach and attitude was good enough for me and though the intervention was not exactly cheap, I think the result is worth the price. In conclusion, if I had to do over at same price, I would go back to him for sure. Best,

Peter

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, PeterHT said:

Hi Newby888 and HRSN community,

This is a response to Newby888 and my last post (for some years at least) . I have written extensively already for 8 months now and have completed my mission of giving a full and honest recount of my experience. I want to move on with my life now. Thanks for understanding.

So now my answers.

1. No topik or any concealer was applied. That would defeat the purpose of these posts so would not make sense to do.

2. I am not an expert on density. What I can tell you is that I feel my density has improved somewhat from month 5 (approximately 35% more). Go back and see pictures. And so, again even with short hair, full light on, etc, result looks really natural, normal and good enough for me, even though I am a demanding guy. Also, people I talk too tell me they did not know I had an operation and everything looks great. I hope this relieves your doubts. 

The only recommendations I would have for Dr. Laorwong would be that:

1. before operation he try to be a little more methodical and explain the step by step process in a little more process-like and clear manner so as to appear more professional. This would help bring his approach to the level of an expert surgeon and help his patients feel they are in the hands of an expert and therefore feel really comfortable/relaxed before, during and after operation.

2. He show a little more empathy to his patient. Again for the purpose of relieving stress of patient.

Having said all this, Dr. Laorwong's approach and attitude was good enough for me and though the intervention was not exactly cheap, I think the result is worth the price. In conclusion, if I had to do over at same price, I would go back to him for sure. Best,

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter.

Honestly, based on the last set of pics you posted, you have one of the best results i have ever seen on this website. It looks completely natural in those pics.

Thanks for confirming your hair in the pics does not have any concealers.

Just one final clarification about a question that i had asked in my original post if you don't mind... under harsher light or sunlight, does  your new hair in the front look the same thickness as your original hair behind it? 

• 2 weeks later...