5236 grafts FUE Dr. Nader

I'll cut to the chase, this is my second procedure after having a good experience with Dr. Path 5+ yrs ago with 4200 via FUT.  Looked good for awhile but lately... Ummm...lol.  the scar looks worse with my Pixel 3 and it's shaved post op, have docs for friends and they both said he did really good work.  That being said I live in S. Texas and know Mexico well.  I've seen some good reviews and seen some bad but I liked everything about him, so I decided to throw in my 2 cents because some things I've read are a little off.  He is all about the patient, not about the money and is very focused on you the whole time.  He is involved from a to z, hell he even got tacos from his favorite place and carried the tray in.  The city is not on your tourist map but your driven and will never be alone.  Comparing the two surgeries, the first one hurt like hell TBH and the second I drove home after for 4 hrs no problem.  Dr. insisted I send him a text no matter what time I got home. I bled and had swelling after, both due to me rolling at night I'm sure.  Im a few days out but wanted to post, so far no real issues and very pleased.  Can't say enough how impressed I am that he runs a practice and not a business first.IMG_20181119_131637.thumb.jpg.b85f9fb668b567294a60eacd0d79bdf2.jpg159783229.thumb.png.203afbb89f94dc37070dad1b68a66295.pngIMG_20181119_024341.thumb.jpg.d5aaa6eaabddb9cb7eb6afa43bf74105.jpgMVIMG_20181119_024147.thumb.jpg.2d4ec61509da5d2934a7c65dbd703aa1.jpgIMG_20181119_185103.thumb.jpg.cf6a0dec94ebf0f1aeb5b4e0578d1468.jpgMVIMG_20181117_094402.thumb.jpg.3300f53b57b878b4d699385bfb181d9a.jpgIMG_20181119_185103.thumb.jpg.cf6a0dec94ebf0f1aeb5b4e0578d1468.jpg

Update day 10

Itchy at times, scabs mosty fell 2 days ago.  Nizerol helps a bunch, aloe does as well, at this point showers are no big deal.  A few hairs have fallen but need to see what the next 10-15 days holds to see most likely shock loss amount.  At this point it's just a waiting game, feeling like a hermit a little but a baseball cap for quick trips is fine.  Started very light workouts but no sweating.

00017IMG_00017_BURST20181123113444_COVER.jpg

00009IMG_00009_BURST20181123113703_COVER.jpg

MVIMG_20181123_114125.jpg

IMG_20181123_114123.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just another update, I'm about 6 weeks post op.  I was worried about the sides and coverage for a bit but that's gone.  I reached out to Dr. Nader due to the crown looking thin and was told it's the last to grow back, at this point I trust what he says plus it makes the getting back out in the world easier because there looks to be just enough loss to make it less dramatic of change.  I think the doc's recommend the procedure they know and are comfortable with and I have to admit I like the FUE much better so far.  Very minimal shock loss besides the crown from I think where I bled the first night due to me.

IMG_20181218_081418.jpg

IMG_20181218_081431_1.jpg

IMG_20181218_083308.jpg

IMG_20181218_083306.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

for that many grafts that scar is really fine, good work by path earlier.

He was actually the first place I looked when I started to research my options again.  A deep dive into the latest reviews swayed me because he was known as Mr. Consistent with high quality work during my first go round but read that he had a couple of less than typical quality lately.  Since I am western hemisphere... with the prospect of a long flight back to Thailand, the recovery of FUT vs FUE and the reduced cost driven by (exchange rate, fly vs drive as well as accommodations)  plus Dr. Nader's only detractors seem to be US posters that seem to like specific docs possibly due to financial interests.... I felt I was making an informed decision and I am frankly very happy with my results and feel like I got the best bang for my buck with him.  I took those pics with a pixel 3 and played with them to enhance the hair.  My personal opinion is the FUT is old school and requires a higher skill level to get a good result and has less room for error.  I took that pic on my worst side partly to highlight where I had looked down about a week after surgery and could feel the incision stretch so I cant blame that on him.  I dont think everyone takes into account that with these procedures, recovery is on you and your ability to give the doctors work a good platform to literally grow from so I try to highlight where I have made mistakes as well as smart decisions.  Sorry for the ramble, lol.

• Like 1

Latest update, ~75 days out.  Out of the hermit stage and have been out multiple times without worry starting about 3-4 weeks ago.  I feel like when I combed my hair for the first time I had hit a good milestone, a good gel or similar works well to tame the wild hairs longer fyi.  Now im just living my normal life with only the occasional glance and attention to my head as well as a bump here or there from hairs getting going a little late.  I feel like a strong salt water soak/float did a good job getting the rush of hair growth bumps resolved.  I really do believe I got the biggest bang for my buck with Dr. Nader, partly due to proximity I will not disagree, but even with that out of the equation for the western hemisphere where are you going to find quality work at the same price point?  I don't make a dime off that statement, I work in healthcare on the engineering side as well as side hustle buy and hold real estate so my cheap ass hates to overpay for a street taco but when its important like hair im not willing to skimp on quality and willing to research and drill down to find something that meets my metrics.  If I lived in North America and had access to Southwest Airlines or could be comfortable driving for 4-5 hours during the right time of year (salt is for the rim of our margarita's and water softeners only) then I think "why pay more for the same or less?"  I think when you decide to pay more elsewhere you walk into that office and see and talk to the people that are all getting paid with nice clothes on and the nice decor and the slick marketing that you should be proud of yourself for paying for and if that makes you feel better about it then go that route and I am happy for you on your journey.  

IMG_20190129_100417.jpg

IMG_20190129_100421.jpg

IMG_20190129_100422.jpg

IMG_20190129_100424.jpg

IMG_20190129_100441.jpg

IMG_20190129_100454.jpg

MVIMG_20190129_100443_1.jpg

11 hours ago, strategiccomboverartist said:

He was actually the first place I looked when I started to research my options again.  A deep dive into the latest reviews swayed me because he was known as Mr. Consistent with high quality work during my first go round but read that he had a couple of less than typical quality lately.  Since I am western hemisphere... with the prospect of a long flight back to Thailand, the recovery of FUT vs FUE and the reduced cost driven by (exchange rate, fly vs drive as well as accommodations)  plus Dr. Nader's only detractors seem to be US posters that seem to like specific docs possibly due to financial interests.... I felt I was making an informed decision and I am frankly very happy with my results and feel like I got the best bang for my buck with him.  I took those pics with a pixel 3 and played with them to enhance the hair.  My personal opinion is the FUT is old school and requires a higher skill level to get a good result and has less room for error.  I took that pic on my worst side partly to highlight where I had looked down about a week after surgery and could feel the incision stretch so I cant blame that on him.  I dont think everyone takes into account that with these procedures, recovery is on you and your ability to give the doctors work a good platform to literally grow from so I try to highlight where I have made mistakes as well as smart decisions.  Sorry for the ramble, lol.

No need at all for an apology, details is what those of us trying to decide on who  to go with actually need, much appreciated : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few things to mention.... Hair was colored 3 days ago.  Maintenance haircuts on top and upper sides with Flowbee (don't knock it, pays for itself quick and yes they still make it) and I keep my hair short.  Lighting used to maximize scalp not coverage. Every single person that has seen it that knows of the procedure is shocked how fast it grew in and says it looks great.  Side and back thickness a concern initially but you have to get really picky to see now.  If you wanted to be a little proactive in skincare I think a few weeks after this procedure a strong peel, laser facial or whatever else your looking at would be a smart option since you go hermit a little anyway, if doing again I would get this right after new years then the additional procedure weeks after (winter sunlight and less outdoor activity) and good excuse to lay low Valentine's day. Early fall would work as well but Christmas pics may need a hat.  Oh, one more thing... If you have missing patches of hair on sideburns or beard area it's no biggie to get it taken care of during your procedure... I did.

I still think I made the right call, I met a guy a few weeks ago out socially on a double date that had had a few procedures here locally and when we compared notes I feel even more comfortable with my choices.  He had spent 3x more than me and his didn't look nearly as good as mine per his comments.  

• 8 months later...

I apologise for being so slow, life gets busy when you get hair 😁 So overall I would say I am very happy with Dr. Nader.  Two sets of pics, one dry and hair messy and second group wet and combed.  I wouldn't do the strip again given the choice, too many risks to dr.'s skill that day and your post op is much harder.  I would say I see the bald spot on the crown and still think I will want to touch it up to make fuller.  For me, the cost and service level along with quality of outcome seem hard to beat so close to home. Since it's on the border and you sleep in America unless you just want to.... I see a decreased level of risk in a shtf, worse case situation that I don't see likely unless you have patient specific issues.  I still think he has good value and top quality work helped by the newer technique and repetition with quality staff.  I would say expect 2 big procedures, I see some thinning on my doner area on the sides when cut short, I would want to take the doner área higher for me if I had done both as FUE to avoid a bulky and uneven ring on the upper sides and will see what doc says if I take home up on his offer to fill in the crown.

IMG_20191106_000558_1.jpg

IMG_20191106_000550.jpg

IMG_20191106_000814.jpg

IMG_20191106_000528.jpg

IMG_20191106_000527.jpg

IMG_20191106_000805.jpg

IMG_20191106_000806.jpg

IMG_20191106_000818.jpg

IMG_20191106_000811.jpg