Discussing a laser article in Derm Surg Dr. Lindsey

For years I've told people that for MOST well nourished male patients....to address hairloss you can 1.  Do nothing   2.  Wear a wig  3.  Use meds (rogaine or propecia or avadart)  4. Do surgery.    And for years I've seen hundreds of people a year crying over the money that they have wasted on all kinds of nonsense.  In particular I've seen gobs of men and women who have paid medium or large amounts of money to clinics, doctors, spas...to buy laser treatments which have done nothing for the patient except waste time and lower their bank account. 

An article in this months Derm Surg gives a pretty soft call on if lasers help...concluding with the word MIGHT in the summary.

Having published 29 articles in peer reviewed journals, by and large...if something shows promise, the researcher uses a variation of the phrase : encouraging and warrents further evaluation    RATHER than might. 

So before you spend more money on things that might or might not work...do your research and see if it is worth your hard earned money.   It may well be working for some folks...I've just not yet seen one come in the office with any results they attribute to a laser.   And if the doctor is trying to sell it to you, maybe ask about studies like this.

The video discussion is:

Dr. Lindsey

McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians