I'm struggling to stay patient you guys

If I had a surgery at very end of June, does that mean the current month is 5th month or 4th month? technically end of this month would make it exactly  5 months and I'm just not seeing anything. I was told by my doctor (Mr Richard Keller ) to expect possibly the most drastic results of all time due to my wavy, coarse, super thick hair, supreme donor density and the large amount of grafts (nearly 4000). I was told almost all my grafts were 3s and 4s

For you guys who have had surgery done, what month did you start to see drastic results?

Edited by AnalogFeel

5 months is nothing, its in the middle of what is usually the most productive growth period. I'd wait until around the 7 -8 month mark before making any fundamental judgements. Approaching 5 months is well before you can make an accurate assessment.

2 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

End of June means you're only just coming into 5 months, so the new hairs might only just be beginning to emerge. 

I'm an absolute noob with this stuff, but my current understanding is the hairs go through a telogen stage of hair growth after a HT (basically a dormant stage), and stay that way for 3-4 months.

So say you don't shed any hairs for the first month, then go through this dormant phase of 3-4 months = that's potentially 5 months before the transplanted hairs even begin to grow at all. And that's before you can even see them grow at any noticeable length.

It may also take 2 cycles of hair growth to really begin to notice things as the hair matures with another growth cycle. The most growth I noticed happened between 7 and 8 months and I have really wavy hair as well, but it's always going to be different for each person. Some people take 12 months. Some have amazing results at 5 months. Some rare cases don't shed any hair at all.

Best to ask your doctor though. Hope that helps (and if I've got anything wrong someone please correct me)

ok thanks for encouragement

did you have very drastic results?

• Administrators

Can you share pictures, you should be seeing some growth, but nothing substantial yet. The next two months should be exciting stay patient.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.