Erdogan 3200 2/2017

BoulderBalder

1 hour ago, BoulderBalder said:

Here is immediately post op at the Radisson. 

1B5C05D2-4E5A-467C-981A-605ED0EFA6E4.jpeg

Were you expecting a high density HT?

From the pic,  your 3,200 grafts seem to cover around 80+ square cm. If I am right with the area, it's not a high density HT. In fact at that graft/square cm, a lot of doctors would advise patient that they might need to go another round to achieve the final desired look. 

Edited by fortuneplant

4 hours ago, fortuneplant said:

Were you expecting a high density HT?

From the pic,  your 3,200 grafts seem to cover around 80+ square cm. If I am right with the area, it's not a high density HT. In fact at that graft/square cm, a lot of doctors would advise patient that they might need to go another round to achieve the final desired look. 

Look at OPs before pictures, it looks like his hairline was slightly lowered and most grafts placed around existing hair. Also Erdogan doesn't do low density transplants so surely he places enough grafts to achieve a dense look. It looks like the yield was bad.

Are you able to post the photos of the design that Asmed drew on to your shaved head and before and after photos with your eyebrows in face on as this will give everyone a chance to offer a more informed response? All I can comment from what I see at the moment is that it does look like your grafts were used to cover a larger region than to simply reinforce the hair line. It does still look like a low yield still but it's hard to tell as your photos don't show how far the hair line was lowered.

Let us know what response you get from Asmed.   

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

13 hours ago, BoulderBalder said:

Here is immediately post op at the Radisson. 

1B5C05D2-4E5A-467C-981A-605ED0EFA6E4.jpeg

From looking at this post-op photo it looks like the grafts were reasonably spaced to cover a large area and not really densely packing the hairline. 

‘Could your lack of density be further hair-loss progression of your native hair over the 20-months and what’s left is this growth from these grafts?...

7 hours ago, Payam said:

Look at OPs before pictures, it looks like his hairline was slightly lowered and most grafts placed around existing hair. Also Erdogan doesn't do low density transplants so surely he places enough grafts to achieve a dense look. It looks like the yield was bad.

This statement contradicts the post-op photo @BoulderBalder posted, are large area was covered so it’s obvious that Erdogan does do lower density to achieve greater coverage and reinforcement.

14 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

This statement contradicts the post-op photo @BoulderBalder posted, are large area was covered so it’s obvious that Erdogan does do lower density to achieve greater coverage and reinforcement.

He already had hair in the transplanted area so the result should have been high density?

2 minutes ago, Payam said:

He already had hair in the transplanted area so the result should have been high density?

And...if he did that doesn’t mean it did not succumb to his hair loss pattern and fallout and in the process of miniaturization over the course of the 20-months.

2 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

And...if he did that doesn’t mean it did not succumb to his hair loss pattern and fallout and in the process of miniaturization over the course of the 20-months.

3200 grafts into this should at the very least produce a decent result, his before and after pics barely have a difference. And theres no way he would lower the hairline if he knew dense packing wasn't possible due to low graft count.

OP, how many cm was the hairline lowered?

270275220__DSC1584(1).jpg.c17cbcbd14d54c

I just want to clarify, like I said in my initial post , I think the procedure was not a total failure. I do have increased density, but I think I expected to have a thicker hairline. I just don’t like not being able expose my hairline. I am contacting asmed to discuss the results and see what they think and how I should proceed. I think that with a touch up procedure to my hairline the results can be really good. I just hope I have sufficient grafts left!

BoulderBaldee thanks for sharing your story! It sounds like you’ve been through one hell of a journey with your hair!.

I can definitely see what you mean about your hair being thinner and lacking density. It seems that most patients that visit Asmed in recent years all seem to need a touch up 🤔 it’s very strange. Keep us posted on what Asmed suggest. Hopefully you get the results you’re looking for 🙏🏻

• Like 1

So glad I pulled the plug on Asmed. No pun intended.

We are seeing more and more average results from them. I think I dodged a bullet to be completely frank.

Awaiting my my quote from Dr Freitas, even if it means waiting till 2020 I'd rather know I'm in good hands.