Erdogan 3200 2/2017

BoulderBalder

Hello, I had a FUE by Dr. Erdogan in February of 2017 and it has been nearly 20 months at this time and wanted to ask a few questions and see what people think. I am a little dissapointed in my results. That is not to say that my results are a total failure, but my main goal going into this procedure was to fix my hairline. I had a botched FUT in 2013 in Colorado. I then had a repair and small FUE with Dr. Konior in 2014. I then had 3200 graft FUE with Dr. Erdogan in 2/2017. I think if money was no object I would have gone with Konior for my last FUE but all the research I had done suggested that the best FUE results were coming out of turkey, in particular Dr. Erdogan. Also, when I had my FUE with Dr. Konior, extractions were done with a rotary tool, something like a power drill type device and I was lead to believe that manual punch extraction was in some way better. Regardless of my reasoning I am here now, and must move forward and deal with the situation. My problem is that I still have a very think hairline, and have to comb my hair in such a way as to cover my hairline. All I want is to be able to brush my hair back and not have a very odd, thin hairline. I have not contacted the clinic for follow up. At this point I would like other peoples thoughts on how to move forward. I do not think my hairline will thicken up enough to avoid needing another procedure. I am thinking of contacting Hasson and Wong or another person a little closer to home. Anyhow thoughts and suggestions are welcome. I posted a before and after pic and have many more pics I can post if people would like. 

IMG_0530 (1).jpg

IMG_0529 (1).jpg

IMG_0513 (1).jpg

_DSC1581.jpg

_DSC1584 (1).jpg

When you say fix your hairline, did you have it moved slightly lower or just reinforced the existing pre-op hairline? Maybe a picture straight after the op would be handy to see where the grafts went. Not a botched procedure but struggling too see too much of a cosmetic difference for 3200 grafts compared to pre-op.

I don’t post too much but lurk a lot and based on what I have been reading around here, get ready for certain individuals to tell you that your hairline is not bad, looks good, that you have unrealistic expectations and all because it was done by Erdogan. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:
4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

When you say fix your hairline, did you have it moved slightly lower or just reinforced the existing pre-op hairline? Maybe a picture straight after the op would be handy to see where the grafts went. Not a botched procedure but struggling too see too much of a cosmetic difference for 3200 grafts compared to pre-op.

He did move it down a little, but I wanted better density at my hairline. Like you said there is not much of a difference now compared to before. If I try and style my hair back the hairline looks extremely thin and unnatural. I’m forced to comb my hair forward. 

3 hours ago, ILtrooper said:

I don’t post too much but lurk a lot and based on what I have been reading around here, get ready for certain individuals to tell you that your hairline is not bad, looks good, that you have unrealistic expectations and all because it was done by Erdogan. 

Dumb and dishonest thing to say. I don't think this is an acceptable result, the defences were against people who were clearly being disingenuous and making false or misleading claims. OP you should contact the clinic and see if they are able to offer a resolution.

Edited by JeanLDD

26 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Do u have a scalp condition like seborrheic dermatitis? What is that redness behind ur hairline in the pre op asmed photos?

I think it is just the lighting, although I do think I have had some persistent pink discoloration ever since my first ht

I'm sorry this was done to you mate, I am in the same position from this clinic. If those two last pictures were pre-op I think you should demand a refund, and start looking at other options in Europe or the US, get some second opinions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Dumb and dishonest thing to say. I don't think this is an acceptable result, the defences were against people who were clearly being disingenuous and making false or misleading claims. OP you should contact the clinic and see if they are able to offer a resolution.

and we got a biter folks.... :D 

just relax bub! No need to get all worked up. We are all on the team here 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Firstly, I am sorry about your situation. However, I think the first thing you should do is contact the clinic and let them know that you are dissatisfied with the results. They can't help you if they don't know you're not satisfied.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have emailed Asmed basically just saying that I would like to discuss my results and the possibility of a follow up procedure because my results are not acceptable. However, I emailed their “customer service” email. In the past, emails never go to the doctor himself and you interact with some assistant. 

I went through a lot to have the original procedure. Flying to Turkey, taking time off from work, having to go months with a terrible looking hair line was draining. It’s depressing because I did a lot of research and genuinely thought I was going to one of, if not THE best clinic for fue in the world. That’s not to mention the money spent. All that to still be left with a pluggy  hairline and a bad comb over....I have limited grafts left at this point. If I did go through this again I would want to know that asmed has their best working to ensure I have the best results possible. Asmed says they guarantee their results and it will be interesting to see what they say.

Any thoughts on how many grafts placed at my hairline I would need to give an illusion of density? 

Edited by BoulderBalder
Correction

I don't think it looks too bad. Maybe not a great result but at least you haven't been disfigured like I have seen with some botched jobs. The transplanted hairline looks rather fine but that could be due to the calibre of your donor. 

Overall whilst I can agree that its not a "home run result", I wouldn't consider it to be a bad one either & not something you should feel too stressed over. 

Best.

• Haha 1

can't believe this is the result of 3200 grafts! I had just over 3000 from Asmed and am at just under 4 months. Praying there will be more sprouts as right now its so sparse, like so many I've seen lately from asmed. Thing is each bump/scar from the incisions that I've been able to see under light all have hairs coming through and they still have huge gaps in between. I know I have a long time to wait and see the result but nothing as of late looks promising.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:43 AM, BoulderBalder said:

... 3200 graft FUE with Dr. Erdogan in 2/2017. ..My problem is that I still have a very think hairline, and have to comb my hair in such a way as to cover my hairline...

1. Was all 3,200grafts used just for the hairline? Say, just used to lower and thicken the front hairline/temples and not used for other areas like crown/etc.

2. Do you have a pic of your post ops so we have an idea what was covered?

Straight off, if all grafts were used for the front, that's an unsatisfactory result and you should ask for a retouch.

To give an assesssment it is required that you give clear pre-, intra and post op pictures. In your case I would recommend even to show them from all (!) procedures and different angles.

Then we have a chance to understand what has been done and what is the reason. E. g. then we understand which hair is natural and which transplanted or if there was scar tissue from other procedures.

By the way 3200 FU sounds like much more than "but my main goal going into this procedure was to fix my hairline". Summary: We need much more information to help you.

Edited by Gasthoerer

I would be very unhappy with that result, personally.

especially when looking at your pre op photos

if they harvested 3000 grafts then it probably warrants a refund, I’ve seen folks with 1500 grafts who are on a different level than this

someone mentioned the redness in your pre-op... could have affected it but the clinic shouldn’t have proceeded if indeed this was a determining factor. I had mild folliculitis and was put on antibiotics to clear it up prior to my surgery.

if a guy from a forum can point out your skin condition then surely the doctors and nurses who examined you should have raised this issue

yet another worrying result from ASMED

Edited by HarryHonolulu

22 hours ago, BoulderBalder said:

I have emailed Asmed basically just saying that I would like to discuss my results and the possibility of a follow up procedure because my results are not acceptable. However, I emailed their “customer service” email. In the past, emails never go to the doctor himself and you interact with some assistant. 

I went through a lot to have the original procedure. Flying to Turkey, taking time off from work, having to go months with a terrible looking hair line was draining. It’s depressing because I did a lot of research and genuinely thought I was going to one of, if not THE best clinic for fue in the world. That’s not to mention the money spent. All that to still be left with a pluggy  hairline and a bad comb over....I have limited grafts left at this point. If I did go through this again I would want to know that asmed has their best working to ensure I have the best results possible. Asmed says they guarantee their results and it will be interesting to see what they say.

Any thoughts on how many grafts placed at my hairline I would need to give an illusion of density?

I would only demand a refund at this point, going back would be unwise and you need to be extremely careful with the grafts you have left, you have already visited Konoir once, you should save up money and visit him again or some European doctor like Lorenzo, Cuoto, Lupanzula. If you must go with a turkish doc try Keser. I have also heard and amazing things about Naidimi

Edited by Payam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Payam said:

I wish so badly I had done more research and especially visited other forums where he is not nearly as celebrated and his methods are very much criticized. I wonder how many more of these are required before some of his most ardent defenders will come to realization. 

Payam, this is not OK. ASMED is not praised in here more or less than in other forums I know. It is also not true that he is called "best of the best". Especially not for hairline cases. Many users are here to help others, do not insults us and blame us for your result or lack of research. 

7 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Payam, this is not OK. ASMED is not praised in here more or less than in other forums I know. It is also not true that he is called "best of the best". Especially not for hairline cases. Many users are here to help others, do not insults us and blame us for your result or lack of research. 

You're right, I removed that part of my post as I can see how it might cause offense and it derails the thread

Your results are definitely not terrible but extremely mediocre especially for 3000 grafts. 

I was due to have 3000 grafts with asmed focusing on my hairline, I pulled out 2 days before I was due to fly off to Turkey 

i am sooo glad users on this site spoke up about these poor hairline results, I really do believe I dodged a bullet.

I hope everything works out for you my friend.

• Like 2