getting FUT after FUE

Hey all,

So its pretty common knowledge that if you want to maximize grafts from your donor area, you want to go with a FUT first than FUE (unless your pattern is stable).

My question is can you get an FUT after getting and FUE? if no, why? 

With my current pattern and family history, I may stabilizing at a high norwood 5, but i'm still unsure.  I would like both options if possible. Hope for the best prepare for the worst type deal.

Yea u can do fue after fut .. u just won’t get as many grafts from the strip, since that strip has been harvested already with prior fue.. 

Going fut with a high Norwood has its benefits n negatives .. u be able to maximize ur donor hair since u will need a lot .. but u also run the risk of having the scar noticeable since ur donor has been depleted with so many surgeries .. 

• Like 1

Legend is correct in that you definitely can - the strip just won't have as many grafts if you've already undergone FUE prior. Have you had a HT yet? If not, this is something you and your surgeon can discuss once you've had a thorough evaluation in order to come up with the best, personalized game plan for you. Family history, projected hair loss, age, current miniaturization levels of your hair, etc. are all contributing factors in determining how to proceed. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56