Best Way to Conceal a HT

Hi everyone,

I'm curious if I can pull off a HT without others noticing. I'm simply not ready to expose having a HT at work. I would probably take a month off for my HT and was wondering how my head would look exactly one month after. Any suggestions for concealing it? My skin is pretty fair in tone (Caucasian) so the redness may be very noticeable.

Can People Post their 1 MONTH Post Op Photos Here? I wanna see what I'll be looking like.

Thanks

There have been several threads on this topic just recently.  When asking this question please specify FUT or FUE.  I will say I had FUT in 2011 - went back to work after 2 weeks and nobody knew.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

as Dazed said it depends whether you get FUE or FUT.

with FUE (which is what I did) I found that the best strategy was to buzz my hair super short (like... 1 guard) for the first few months while the grafts settled in.

I am at 82 days post-op so I plan on buzzing again at the 90 day mark, once more at 120 days (4 months out) and then let it grow.

honestly? I would buzz it a few months before your procedure so people get used to your buzzed "look".

if you go to a great clinic you'll look normal 1 week post-op. 

On 11/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, ejojer9 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm curious if I can pull off a HT without others noticing. I'm simply not ready to expose having a HT at work. I would probably take a month off for my HT and was wondering how my head would look exactly one month after. Any suggestions for concealing it? My skin is pretty fair in tone (Caucasian) so the redness may be very noticeable.

Can People Post their 1 MONTH Post Op Photos Here? I wanna see what I'll be looking like.

Thanks

it all depends on the extent of your hair loss, how many grafts you're getting and where ... If you're going FUE, your head will likely be shaved, for me it was the first time I've ever had my head completely shaved .. that's a dramatic change that will be obvious to everyone .. I also took about 2 weeks vacation and then did another 2 weeks work-from-home before actually going back to work - even after a month your donor area should be pretty well healed up if you follow post op instructions, daily cleaning, etc. But the recipient area may or still will be red - degree of redness depending on your skin tone. In addition, you may or may not experience shock loss of your native hair in the recipient or donor zone. Everyone is different. The best way to conceal a HT is NOT TO CONCEAL ANYTHING. Buzz your head, keep it short and trim and go out normally. People will stare up at your head for a second or two and wonder what you did, but then they go about their lives because only you are self conscious about your hair - no one else really cares! That's the honest brutal truth. So get used to wearing a hat the first few months when you can and then don't worry about it .. just sucking it up is the best course of action.