FUE with Dr Gabel - 11-14-2018

Kelmf01

Hello everyone, I want to thank the organizers for the information provided on this site !  After 27 years of hair-loss, it has helped me with my decision.  

My other reason for posting is to provide information to others as I had gotten myself.  Special thanks to Mark (This site member - Skeeter) for sharing his personal story.  

Here are a several people & sources that helped me choose Dr Gabel for my procedure:

1) Dr Konior, Chicago Hair Institue - Dr Konior introduced me to Dr Gabel 

2) Mark (Skeeter) -  Blog:  "Fue with Dr Gabel"

3) Dan,  His experience with Dr Gabel: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171239891&page=1

4) Chris,   His experience with Dr Gabel: http://www.hairlossfromsteroids.com/ 

About my experience with Dr Gabel:  

Many on this site have already said positive things in other posts & I don't want to repeat,  however, now that I had my personal experience, I can tell you he is by far the best HT doctor there is.  He has the confidence that puts a patient right at ease, he is passionate, totally enjoys what he does, & his results speak for them selves..  

I had several consultations with Dr Gabel, one online & the other in person.  For the one in person, Dr Gabel was nice enough to came in to the office on a Saturday to see me.  On the day of the surgery, I came in & did not know what to expect.  However, what I found was that I did not have to,  Dr Gabel & his crew already had everything covered..    

The surgery lasted 12 hours.  Dr Gabel was very meticulous in every aspect of the surgery.  He is an artist & I felt very comfortable through out.

Number of Total Grafts: 2010 

1-Hair = 177

2-Hair = 773

3-Hair = 829

4-Hair = 231

About my experience with Dr Gabel's team: 

His staff are top notch & all perform their duties as a finely tuned machine, always in sync, extremely skillful, friendly, & nice.  From the lady greeting me in the front,  to all the assistants that help with pre & post surgery.

If you are thinking about getting a HT, Dr Gabel is the real deal.

I'm on my 1st day of post op,  currently sitting at the hotel, healing, resting & figured I post my experience.  I will be providing pictures in a couple of weeks.

Thank you

kelmf01

Before:

before_pic.png.dc0db8352e2a51cb672f0669035a34a4.png

One day post op:

IMG_8786.thumb.jpg.f4d7bb93f04ccdcf26127542fb9edb5c.jpg

Status Update 11-22/2018

Day 8 Post OP,  I had a bit of an issue with scabs, I misread the DAY 7/8 care instructions. (Was not soaking/washing properly). 

Dr Gabel & Eileen came in Thanksgiving day to see me & fix me up !!!!!

1671352159_MeDrGabel.thumb.jpg.ac69af5da33d4b18fbf9bc85dba2fd31.jpg

Edited by Kelmf01

Hi Kelmf01,

Congratulations!

Looks like everything went very well. The work looks beautiful and clean. The density looks  fantastic. I think you are going to be really happy with Dr. Gabel’s work. 

Im glad everything went smoothly for you!

This will be a great result, 

Keep posting pictures, it’s fun to watch the progression!

Mark

• Like 1

Dr Gabel performed all the extractions and created all the slits.  He and his technicians placed the grafts.  After all was complete, Dr Gabel did a final walkthrough, moving things around, perfecting the work.  This is one example why I feel he is an artist with a surgical instrument in hand  vs a paint brush.  

-kelmf01

• 2 weeks later...

Three weeks post up,  the little transplanted hairs did not continue to grow, but instead shedding has begun, I'm in the ugly duckling stage..  :(  (Sucks, but I knew it could come)  This is where the 3  month waiting begins & I say hello to my baseball hat. 

If anyone has a suggestion for a nice looking/feeling hat to wear to work let me know ?   Will provide photo's in month or two. 

Meticulous to the core! AND he does his own extractions which is awesome.  Most clinics will have someone else other than the doctor do them.  A shame. I am aware the Doctor has a new location and, based on the photo  of the reception area, I am sure it is amazing and welcoming.  I've met with the doctor plenty of times and his work is outrageously good.  Nice work Doc!

• Administrators

Dr. Gabel, is one of the best, such a genuinely nice guy. Please keep us updated on your progress. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Jj51702,

I had a problem with scabs and scalp crust. (Bruising and dryness on scalp).  Everyone gets this after any kind of bruising.  Surgery brings such a reaction.   I misread the post instructions to clean this up on my own.  Dr Gabel came in on Thanksgiving to see me.  He used a metal comb moving it carefully side to side and removed the troubled areas.  

Kelmf01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ThePeopleElbow, I do not use Rogaine.  I had tried it prior to my HT for a week.  However, it did not work for me.  (It made my scalp feel oily & itchy).  Also, I have a friend that used it for 6 months & in his case, because he did not stick with it long term, he lost more then he gained.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ThePeoplesElbow,

Hang in there, things change very quickly after the 3 month stage.  

BTW, Did you have your procedure with Dr Gabel ? 

I plan to post my progress pictures when I hit 4 months.  :) 

-kelmf01

Edited by Kelmf01

On 2/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, Kelmf01 said:

Hey ThePeoplesElbow,

Hang in there, things change very quickly after the 3 month stage.  

BTW, Did you have your procedure with Dr Gabel ? 

I plan to post my progress pictures when I hit 4 months.  :) 

-kelmf01

Hi Kelm.

Yes I did. I think I got some shock loss. Just reading horror stories from other people is making me paranoid. I know it's still too early to tell. I think seeing skeeters 7 week progress picture gave me unrealistic expectations though I know everyone's different. 

I did run into a little hiccup that has me worried. I had an infection and had to be prescribed a stronger antibiotic which fixed the infection. I'm hoping I didn't lose my grafts from that. 

Guess I'll just have to continue to wait and see.

@Kelmf01Congratulations on your recent procedure. Wishing you the best! Great choice in Dr! Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Kelmf01 said:

Hi ThePeopleElbow, I do not use Rogaine.  I had tried it prior to my HT for a week.  However, it did not work for me.  (It made my scalp feel oily & itchy).  Also, I have a friend that used it for 6 months & in his case, because he did not stick with it long term, he lost more then he gained.  

if you didn't use the rogaine foam,,,,try it. It is completely different than then oily stuff in the older style rogaine dropper.  The old style is oily and messy.