3550 FUE Nader Mexico and general lessons learned in HT

txtransplant

• 2 years later...

4.5 year update. lol.    Definitely lost a good amount more original hair as the natural thinning continued above the horseshoe. I'd definitely be without enough hair on top of my head to even attempt to work with. Was the transplant a success? Yes. I think I got a great eventual graft survival rate. My hair certainly doesn't look it's best in these pics and angles. It is what it is approaching 50.  Unfortunately with the progression I'm looking my best with 1" hair on top and way overdue for a haircut.  Would the final 2500 grafts I have left improve the frontal half... especially where the horseshoe to balding a few inches above my ears? I think so. Really when my hair is styled, that's the really noticable damage now other than the crown. The first two pics are much more representative of how it looks in person.  I know we could achieve a barely noticable transition there in middle 3rd. with more surgery. At this time though where I'm at with my life it's just not important enough to me. My face is framed now and a little thicker hair on the sides or front isn't going to have a significant impact on my overall looks.  4 years out I'm so glad I got it done!  Enjoyed a few years of it looking better and I'm grateful the overall look I've got now isn't my dad's hair... chrome dome with a ring of hair around the sides. And that's pretty much where I'd be today without the procedure. While I don't have a great head of hair....what I did get is worlds better than nature had planned. 

I will admit if I were single again (have lovely, amazing fiance who could care less about my hair)  I might just throw what's left at it since I can.   And if cloning became a reality and a full head was possible, I'd definitely do that!  If I were obsessed with it I could probably go the beard and body hair transplant route and look pretty much full for 25k.  But we're good here 4.5y out approaching fifty.  No scaring that I can detect and everything looks quite natural. I'll try and get some respectable pics in daylight with my hair looking its best soon.  1677390125156.thumb.jpg.0530f9d71d8146a7e50e7641ebaee832.jpg

PXL_20230226_053910663.jpg

PXL_20230226_053956470.jpg

Edited by txtransplant
  • Like 1