Name that Hair Transplant Myth

Any of us who have done some research on hair transplant surgery and even those who haven’t  have been lied to do something agree about the procedure, how it works and expected results. Some still associate hair restoration  surgery with the old  “hair plugs“ or “corn rows” from the long past while others have been led to believe that today’s hair transplant surgery can produce a full head of hair that matches the old high school glory days.  

Visut “Hair Transplant Myths”  to learn about some of the falsehoods associated with the procedure. 

Your thoughts?  

Bill

• Thanks 1

Nice article Bill. I cringe at some of the misconceptions and inaccuracies whenever the media report a story on the latest celeb to have a transplant. 

The myth that always annoys me is when a less than reputable clinic describes their transplants as a 'totally scarless procedure'.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:44 PM, Raker said:

For me it’s “100% success guaranteed” unfortunately there are individuals that fall for this crap. 

Good one @Raker - no surgery is 100% guaranteed and for any surgeon or hair transplant clinic to sell a procedure that way is deceptive at best.  Nobody can guarantee zero complications and 100% growth on every procedure.  So I definitely recommend people stay away from hair transplant surgeons that guarantee results   100%. 

Best wishes,

Bill