Can A Hair Transplant Be Concealed

• Administrators

Concealing a hair transplant is something that prospective patients think about heavily before going through with a procedure. Below is an article on what to expect after a procedure and few tips I used to conceal mine.

How Can A Hair Transplant Be Concealed

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin .. this is one of ur better articles .. it’s more detailed and still easy to read , u keep improving at what u do :)

can u write an article on dermarolling ? What size punches and the basics on how to use it and why ? N Do u use it ? Its good on hearing ur opinions on topics and products ..  thanks 

• Administrators

Sure I can write an article on that. I don’t actually use it myself and I’ll explain why in the article. That’s a good topic though legend. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I have found that concealing a FUT is no big deal after the scabs come off.  FUE is a different story.  I was lucky when I got my FUE because I was retired and could hide out. There is still a stigma associated with any type of cosmetic surgery, especially for men, and the very last thing I want is for everybody to know.  There are those who will never let you forget it so secrecy is the best policy.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators
4 hours ago, HairGone29 said:

How soon after the transplant can you start wearing a cap for most of the day?

You can wear a cap most of the day pretty much the first week , just make sure it’s loose fitted. 

View my thread

5 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I do not understand why you think that FUT was easier to hide. Do you mean just the scar? Did you not still suffer from shock loss in the recipient area?

I did not have shock loss with either FUT or FUE.  In either case my recipient area looked normal after two weeks and only because of the horrible haircut with FUE did I need to wear a hat to conceal the haircut.  FUT was really a piece of cake.  Lucky for me I was retired when I had the FUE or that would have been embarrassing to hide.  In retrospect with FUE I would just go ahead and get a buzz cut before the procedure.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More