Super nervous about procedure! Help me team!

So, I have to decide if I will take a cancellation at a clinic for the end of this month. The waiting list would otherwise be 6-12 months. I am very, very nervous though. I need to decide tomorrow and all the normal (I imagine) doubts are going through my head like what if it doesn't work out etc. I have done my research on here and other fora and I have travelled to visit clinics and speak to the doctors in person. The results are amazing too. Really top notch. Even so, there is still the doubt at the back of your head of the "what if....". Can anybody offer support/help/advice/calming lullabies?

You've come this far because you know you're unhappy. If you're OK with being unhappy cancel it. My guess is you're not. Everyone gets nervous I'm sure, just think how you will feel 6 months 12 months 18 months from surgery. That should be enough to make the leap of faith here.

• Like 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

Apprehension is natural.  You have done due diligence so trust yourself that you have made an informed decision.  I have undergone brand new procedures for which there was no history.  I am going for a facelift in Costa Rica in January, but I have been researching the doctor for over 2 years, and he has all rave reviews on RealSelf..  Do you think I still do not have apprehension.  A hair transplant is a piece of cake.  The worst part is the bad haircut if you get FUE.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

16 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Apprehension is natural.  You have done due diligence so trust yourself that you have made an informed decision.  I have undergone brand new procedures for which there was no history.  I am going for a facelift in Costa Rica in January, but I have been researching the doctor for over 2 years, and he has all rave reviews on RealSelf..  Do you think I still do not have apprehension.  A hair transplant is a piece of cake.  The worst part is the bad haircut if you get FUE.

Jesus! I would never have the courage to do that. Good luck!

Thanks for the support - and no, it is FUT

Edited by TrixGlendevon

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

You've come this far because you know you're unhappy. If you're OK with being unhappy cancel it. My guess is you're not. Everyone gets nervous I'm sure, just think how you will feel 6 months 12 months 18 months from surgery. That should be enough to make the leap of faith here.

Yes very true. I am still apprehensive though

• Administrators

You can live your whole life wondering “what if” and everything worth having in life has an associated risk. If you’ve researched a clinic and know they have consistent results than the odds are in your favor.

Think of it like going on a plane or car, is there a risk that you may crash? Sure there’s always a risk, but if you’ve taken the necessary precautions then the risk is minimized and likely not to happen.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ultimately it’s your call, but if you’re on this forum like me then you have an issue with your hair, it won’t resolve itself. If you’ve satisfied yourself with the surgeon/practice etc do it now, get it out of the way, look forward to Xmas & hopefully 2019 will bring new beginnings. 

11 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Jesus! I would never have the courage to do that. Good luck!

Thanks for the support - and no, it is FUT

Fut is easy to disguise after about 2 weeks when the scabs fall.  I have had FUT and FUE.  You will be fine.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Moderators

If you can get enough time off of work to let it heal then I'd say go for it. You were going to go in 6 - 12 months time anyway. If you go now then you could some great hair by the time your original date would be coming. At that time you'll be so glad you already went through it. Are you also getting a discounted price due to the short notice cancellation? If so, then that's also a big plus.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Echoing what the others said in that the nerves are normal and expected. If you were making a decision blindly with very little research, I would second guess things... But trust yourself that you've done your due diligence and are making a sound decision. At a certain point, you need to pull the trigger - so why not now? 

At this point, you may have already made your decision... On pins and needles waiting to know what you decided. ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Accommodation found too! It is official now.

Great! Good luck and I hope the entire process works out well.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:51 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

Accommodation found too! It is official now.

It feels good when you push through with an informed decision.  6 months from now you will be an old pro on here calming newbies down.