Surgeon For Black American/Caribbean hair

CannonScott

Hello I'm a new member. I had an HT at NHI about 10yrs ago.  I was disatified with it. It wasn't terrible but results were ok. I'm researching the next surgeon for my next HT. I really want a doctor who is experienced with Black or carribean hair. Dr Diep has been my first choice although his waiting list is kind of  outrageous. He's booking out into July 2019. Someone recommend Craig Ziering to me but I'm not sold on him. I saw Dr. Cooley's name but I haven't seen many before and after of Black patients. Are there any other Doctors that you guys think I should consider?

Someone privately just recommended Vories to me but he only does FUE and I'm interested in a strip FUT procedure. So far it seems Dr Arocha and Dr Diep are the only names in contention. If there are others docs I should consider please let me know. Im willing to travel anywhere.

• 1 month later...

I think since you want fut then that will open up your options. I think there are more doctors that can work with African American hair with fut since the strip will be dissected under magnification vs fue where it is blindly punched. From what I’ve read, fue requires certain skill as black hair has a strong curl under the skin.

have you thought about doctors abroad? Ones like bisanga or mwamba in Belgium come to mind. Good luck