2500 Grafts FUE - 18th December 2018 - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

I thought I would start the thread whilst I was online. 

Booked in for my second procedure with Asmed on the 18th December 2019. Expected to use between 2000 - 2500 grafts with final numbers to be confirmed the day prior to surgery. 

My first thread can be found here if you haven't already seen it. If there is anything in particular that you want me to ask or record this time then just let me know. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

Deb, 

Where are the grafts going? I honestly don’t think you need another procedure in your hairline as it is really dense even when wet. I haven’t really seen the crown, so perhaps you’re thickening that. With that said, how many grafts will you have left after this?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Deb, 

Where are the grafts going? I honestly don’t think you need another procedure in your hairline as it is really dense even when wet. I haven’t really seen the crown, so perhaps you’re thickening that. With that said, how many grafts will you have left after this?

The hairline isn't as dense as I'd like it to be and yes the crown needs thickening a little. The pre-op photos will show you this. Maybe I am being a little greedy and maybe in 14 years when I'm 50 I'll regret the way I've utilised my available grafts but I'm so close to having my perfect hair that I need to do it. I imagine the number will be closer to 2000 if they don't do any temporal work and only up to 2500 if they do. 

From Asmed's original count, I should be left with circa 2000 grafts FUE if I need them. I'm hoping that medical research will find a solution in the next decade that means they are not needed. 🙏

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

If I’m being honest, I struggle with hair greed too. Have a read of this article, I wrote it specifically about myself as well. I know how you feel, but chasing perfection is a dangerous thing to do, since hair restoration can never restore original density. Either way I wish you the best mate, you should feel happy your hair looks amazing 😊

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/news/article.asp?T=How-Can-Hair-Greed-Effect-Hair-Transplant-Patients-&CopyID=3277

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been told that my procedure will be completed at Asmed's new clinic so am really excited about this. It is two weeks today until I am back in the chair. 

If there is any  pictures or questions that anyone would want me to ask whilst I am there then let me know. If not I will report back in two weeks. 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi Deb, 

I was in Instanbul recently and called for a check up at Asmed's new facility. The place is amazing. Feels like a five star hotel. It has a similar feel to the old place, but is so much larger. It was as you would expect absolutely spotless and pristine. Nice to see they are reinvesting for the benefit and care of existing and new clients. Good luck with your next adventure, keep us updated.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

10 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

is the thread title a typo..? Dec 2019..?

It's a typo. Getting a little ahead of myself. Sorry.

Is anyone able to change it back to 2018 please? One of the Mods?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi Deb, congratulations on your original result with Erdogan the first go around... question, are you at all concerned about all the mix reviews he has had since you had your first op? It seems as though he has had some new techs come on and the results have been a lot more hit and miss then just a few years ago.

12 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Hi Deb, congratulations on your original result with Erdogan the first go around... question, are you at all concerned about all the mix reviews he has had since you had your first op? It seems as though he has had some new techs come on and the results have been a lot more hit and miss then just a few years ago.

I actually asked this question regarding "new techs" when i was there.  The response was that none of the techs are "new".  They have all worked directly/indirectly with Dr Erdogan previously and have at least 6 years of experience. 

However, I believe this relates to the person doing your extractions.  I only had one person, and believe she was the head of the surgery team and seemed very confident in what she was doing. While another woman helped her with the implantation stage.

There is a lot of mis-information out there at the moment regarding Asmed.  Sometimes it's better to just ask.  That's what I did on the day with Suzana and Dr Erdogan himself.  It cleared up a lot of the worries i had.  Most of them i got from reading this forum.  Sometimes its better not to read into things too much, sure do your research thoroughly but stay away from hearsay,rumours and alligations.  It done nothing but worry me when I could have simply asked.

Anyway good luck DEB, you should have a cracking result

Peace!

Edited by markymarc123
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

I had surgery at asmed in October. I was quite Ocd with them when it came to asking them about their techs. They have two types of techs. One is technitions who help set up the surgery and use the microscopes and the other are surgical assistants who's Only job is to do extractions and they do not do anything else that is their sole job at the clinic. They told me that to become a surgical assistant they would have to been a tech for quite a few years before they can even begin to study and train and gain qualification to become a sole extractor. My "extracter " had 7 years experience in which she only did extractions and nothing else and before hand she was a tech. Dr koray did the insisions and then one of his most senior assistants dilek and (forgot the other name) come in and help the surgical assistant in placing the grafts. Both these 2 senior assistants have been at Asmed since the start and infact dilek is Dr koray's close friend and business partner from the very start. 

Don't be afraid to ask them how long they have been there it'll calm your nervs. Once she told me she had been doing extractions only for 7 years I was very relaxed. Her name began with M. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, HG1 said:

Hi Deb, 

I was in Instanbul recently and called for a check up at Asmed's new facility. The place is amazing. Feels like a five star hotel. It has a similar feel to the old place, but is so much larger. It was as you would expect absolutely spotless and pristine. Nice to see they are reinvesting for the benefit and care of existing and new clients. Good luck with your next adventure, keep us updated.

I’m visiting the clinic again in January. Looking forward to seeing the new clinic

On 11/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, DEB1982 said:

I thought I would start the thread whilst I was online. 

Booked in for my second procedure with Asmed on the 18th December 2019. Expected to use between 2000 - 2500 grafts with final numbers to be confirmed the day prior to surgery. 

My first thread can be found here if you haven't already seen it. If there is anything in particular that you want me to ask or record this time then just let me know. 

Best of luck with your second op 🙂 looking forward to seeing your progress 

17 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

I was going to say pretty much what FarsanUk has written below. He's covered it pretty well so no need for me to repeat what he has said. All I can say about results being hit and miss is that it is not always down to the surgeons but also down to many other mitigating factors. Hair diameter, shock loss, unrealistic expectations. They all differ from person to person. Given the outstanding result and customer experience that I have received from Erdogan and the whole team at Asmed I would be naive to go anywhere else. I am certain they will take good care of me. 

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

I had surgery at asmed in October. I was quite Ocd with them when it came to asking them about their techs. They have two types of techs. One is technitions who help set up the surgery and use the microscopes and the other are surgical assistants who's Only job is to do extractions and they do not do anything else that is their sole job at the clinic. They told me that to become a surgical assistant they would have to been a tech for quite a few years before they can even begin to study and train and gain qualification to become a sole extractor. My "extracter " had 7 years experience in which she only did extractions and nothing else and before hand she was a tech. Dr koray did the insisions and then one of his most senior assistants dilek and (forgot the other name) come in and help the surgical assistant in placing the grafts. Both these 2 senior assistants have been at Asmed since the start and infact dilek is Dr koray's close friend and business partner from the very start. 

Don't be afraid to ask them how long they have been there it'll calm your nervs. Once she told me she had been doing extractions only for 7 years I was very relaxed. Her name began with M. 

I know the technician you are referring to and her name, she was also the lady who performed all my extractions. She was brilliant and I couldn't fault her. As you said, if you have any doubts it is always best to ask the question and they will explain it to you. 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

15 minutes ago, PlanetStephen said:

Best of luck with your second op 🙂 looking forward to seeing your progress 

And you for yours. Funnily enough I saw your videos on Youtube just the other day. Pretty sure with a small second pass you will have a brilliant result! 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

21 minutes ago, DEB1982 said:

I was going to say pretty much what FarsanUk has written below. He's covered it pretty well so no need for me to repeat what he has said. All I can say about results being hit and miss is that it is not always down to the surgeons but also down to many other mitigating factors. Hair diameter, shock loss, unrealistic expectations. They all differ from person to person. Given the outstanding result and customer experience that I have received from Erdogan and the whole team at Asmed I would be naive to go anywhere else. I am certain they will take good care of me. 

I know the technician you are referring to and her name, she was also the lady who performed all my extractions. She was brilliant and I couldn't fault her. As you said, if you have any doubts it is always best to ask the question and they will explain it to you. 

Fair points, thank you for sharing your experience.

Edited by Kiwi Guy

• Administrators

I fixed the date for you deb, hope everything turns out great keep us updated with your progress🙂

View my thread

9 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

And you for yours. Funnily enough I saw your videos on Youtube just the other day. Pretty sure with a small second pass you will have a brilliant result! 

Thank you! I’m at the clinic a month after you so you will need to keep me posted on what it looks like etc 😄

• 2 weeks later...

So am sat at London Heathrow waiting for my flight and it has all become a little real again. Despite having been through the process before and knowing what excellent hands I am in, I still find myself feeling slightly nervous about what is in store.

I’ve spoken with Asmed and they have told me that given how many people my previous thread helped that they will allow me to document some of the procedure. Considering doing a vlog of the whole experience so have bought my Go Pro and will see how we get on. 

Will report back tomorrow after my initial assessment and health checks. I have decided to be as conservative as I can be with the number of grafts required. Looking for density not a recreation of hair lines. 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

On 12/7/2018 at 6:58 PM, FarsanUk said:

On 12/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, DEB1982 said:

She is fantastic.  She performed my extractions as well and seems to have a high number of good results whenever I see a forum post with her as the extractor.  Very safe pair of hands.

Good luck with your next procedure!

Hi Deb, thanks for your great posts. Really detailed and informative. I've enjoyed following your progress. 

I'm a first-time poster but long-time reader on here and just had a quick question for you. I'm 28, just about to book in with Asmed for next Feb. My hair loss at the moment is a bit less (meaning I have a bit more hair) than yours was before your first transplant. I'm on fin full-time now and that seems to have stabilised things but I do have occasionally bad months that set me back a bit further. I have two crowns and there's definite thinning on both of them (nowhere near closer to bald yet though), but mainly it's the front for me, which obviously massively affects any hairstyle you might want.

Given that I'm financially in a place to afford it at the moment, and I'm about to change jobs, so would have a good 20 days in which to recover from the transplant, physically and aesthetically, do you think I'm in a good place to go for it?

I ask because at the moment I think I could still get by with concealers and a longer hairstyle for about a year, year and a half tops before it really becomes undeniably noticeable to everyone - and just like you were, I'm kind of sick of that life of self-consciousness and time spent concealing. But for some reason I also catch myself thinking that the longer I can hold on the better.

That was longer than I expected but cheers! And hope your next transplant goes well!