DEB1982

2500 Grafts FUE - 18th December 2018 - Asmed Dr Erdogan

The clinic does look 5-star and is top notch. Also seems like ASMED has caring professionals and really do care.  You are on track to get great results...although with your pre-op hair most would advise you against HT.

Good luck.

S

Hey guys, will be two months this weekend so will post a full update on Sunday but wanted to let you guys know that the recovery period for a second transplant is so much easier and has little impact on your appearance. At only two months I can already style the hair and have had no need to wear a hat or hide away like I did first time round. A few of you messaged me asking about this and as you can see all of my pre op hair is growing as normal. Can't wait to see what it looks like when all the new hairs start to sprout. Hairy.thumb.jpg.b90d82661dae20f2439958e164c0d78f.jpg

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

2 Months Post Op

Pretty happy with where I am now in terms of my appearance considering this was the worst stage for me following my first procedure. I don't think I have experienced much shock loss in the recipient areas but I do think the donor looks a little patchy. I remember this being the case for the first 3-6 months last time so hopefully this will improve again over time. Even if it was to remain as it is then I still think it's fine for everyday life. Nobody has ever said any different. 

The second procedure for anyone considering it has a significantly smaller impact on your life. I think the smaller size of the procedure helped with the recovery time as well. I've not worn a hat once and was back exercising after only 3 weeks. Playing football and heading the ball now as well. Had no pain, itching or loss of sensation since end of week 4.

I can't see any growth yet but it's so much more difficult to tell this time as the hairs are surrounded by other hairs. There is no new hair line to watch grow in which makes it hard to guage. People at my work have told me it looks thicker at the front so perhaps some of the hairs have remained and continued to grow as last time. One more month to go and then the fun should begin anyway. h1.thumb.jpg.9a1fa4f3e961b78ec542175b7fb2b09b.jpgh3.thumb.jpg.8d25ce646b2d94680536fccd8e6bf246.jpgh4.thumb.jpg.f407ca9a7fb0185391de02ccf0eb8b40.jpgh6.thumb.jpg.aea26f64f40288db6024fb6ffb67e5cf.jpgh7.thumb.jpg.dcfe75c5d7e3ee97dda76608e0d57972.jpg

Edited by DEB1982
  • Like 2

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Nice! I Think it looks really good and the growth hasn´t even started yet. No need to worry about the donor because at least in that last picture with that haircut it blends pretty well.

Been meaning to post for ages .. looks amazing and I think the back/donor area is totally fine and looking forward to seeing your growth over the next few months too. 👍

BTW,  really encouraged to hear that this 2nd HT experience has been much easier for you. I've been discussing a small 2nd procedure with them but I've been half put off as it was both physically and mentally draining for me the first time (doesn't help that I'm quite an anxious person), but your experience is motivating me to just do it. 

On 2/19/2019 at 5:53 AM, jonyny said:

Waw, nice Deb. I can see your face with a big smile.

😁😁😁

13 hours ago, Carefall said:

Nice! I Think it looks really good and the growth hasn´t even started yet. No need to worry about the donor because at least in that last picture with that haircut it blends pretty well.

Cheers pal, appreciate it. 

12 hours ago, JustJax said:

Been meaning to post for ages .. looks amazing and I think the back/donor area is totally fine and looking forward to seeing your growth over the next few months too. 👍

BTW,  really encouraged to hear that this 2nd HT experience has been much easier for you. I've been discussing a small 2nd procedure with them but I've been half put off as it was both physically and mentally draining for me the first time (doesn't help that I'm quite an anxious person), but your experience is motivating me to just do it. 

Thanks Jax. It really was night and day between the first and second procedure in terms of impact and recovery. If you think a little touch up would be of benefit then I'd go for it. 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

3 Months Post Op

Always a nice stage to get too as my hair is back to pre-transplant thickness and also to a length where I can start to style it a little. I have also started to feel some itching / tingling in the recipient which is a sure sign that hairs are beginning to break through. I've also had random spots come and go just like last time. It's going to be much harder to judge this time round as no new clearly defined hairline to watch grow, it's all about the density. I can't see too many new sprouts but it is very early days. 

As you can see from the pictures I've had the donor shaved at the weekend to a 0.5 grade and you can see a little scarring at the back of my head. Nobody ever notices, it would only be people who knew what they were looking for. Hopefully when I report back in another month there will be lots of new hairs coming through. 

I contacted the clinic last month to inquire how many grafts I had left in the tank and they estimated about 2000. As much as I would like small temple points, I'm best served holding on these for any potential future loss.

H7.thumb.jpg.499b3a5ad90c3adeffe703b8e199d751.jpgH1.thumb.jpg.69a111881ca9d0ef7e014c4e70146172.jpgH2.thumb.jpg.a41831998217751220abb4da88b42072.jpgH3.thumb.jpg.17d5d9918d4add32cdb2d743d9ee3f7f.jpgH6.thumb.jpg.e16e7e80b867cd28978047d9a8d92b67.jpg

H4.jpg

H5.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Very nice! Looks like you did not suffer any bad shock loss to the previous ht grafts they have grown back nicely and donor looks good for such a short cut. 👍🏻