Fixing direction of hair grafts

Please could someone explain how you will fix 3000 hair grafts in hairline that are pointing in the wrong direction. The hairline seems to stand up and direct backwards not following the direction of rest of hair making it odd looking plus the low density and multi hair grafts in hairline. My clinic co ordinator has been really helpful of late and offered to fix hairline for me but when i ask how they will fix she doesn't say and says its against clinic policy speaking to doctor how he and surgical assistants will perform repair.

I have read on other message boards changing hair direction is impossible to do, this has got me really worried. 

I don’t think it’s possible to change the direction. That was determined by the angle of the recipient site incisions. If your follicles had significant curvature to them then how they were inserted into the recipient sites may have played a part as well.  But the direction of 3000 grafts is not changeable after the grafts have attached in the first few days. 

If you haven’t already, you can seek out a good stylist to help you find the right product and technique to style them in the direction of your choice. 

Edited by Spaceman

Once the grafts are placed and secure, the angulation cannot be changed unless they were removed which you probably would not want to do.  A better approach would be to have more singles added between the grafts at the appropriate angles.

In addition, allowing the hair to grow to length and using a drying gel can potentially train the hair to lay in a different direction...but this will take time and patience on your part.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I agree if grafts are going to be removed proper healing time is required before the new grafts be placed into that area. However, the grafts that are removed could be replanted in an area other than the hairline so the hairs are not wasted.

Doctor refuses to speak to me on the telephone. I have to fly to Turkey for consultation with him. I have no idea how he will fix/touch up hairline other than he will add more grafts according to clinic co ordinator.

I just think the Dr/clinic will add more grafts to my hairline trying to get angles right this time.

2-3 procedures that will take years to fix wont it? 

Not knowing how clinic will try to repair my hairline is seriously putting doubts in my mind if doctor and surgical assistants are even capable of fixing my hairline.

Adding more hair grafts to hairline will make it denser but if angles are poorly positioned again it will look terrible as before. As you can see from pictures frontal hair grafts just stand in a unnatural way so which ever way i style my hair it looks very odd. I have strange outline on forehead where multi hair grafts are uniformly placed along frontal hairline.

It would be nice to get reassurance from doctor how he will fix my hairline before i fly to turkey. is that too much to ask?

If you want to do this right you can probably have the 1st two rows fue'd out and microscopically dissected into proper follicular units and placed back in behind the hairline.  Maybe it takes 3 procedures every 4-6 months?  I would consult w/Shapiro Medical Group guys.  They know what they are doing.

You'll begin to look better once the big plugs are mostly gone.  Then when enough healing has occurred you can dense pack a new hairline (might take 2 more sessions).

In 18 months you could be almost done.  I would begin now and mentally prepare.  It will be worth it in the long run.

Don't go back to Turkey - you will regret it.

Edited by jjsrader

Thats what im thinking to fix hairline. 3 procedures over 18 months just upsets me if that what needs to be done to get a natural result.

I have so many multi hair grafts in hairline not many singles that i can see, the front of hairline seems like i only had a few rows put in with the majority going to the corners, hairline looks really stalky and abrubt. I have been trying to pluck all the multis out but have so many of them.

The way Dr Erdogan has drawn the hairline looks like his got a ruler out and put it across my forehead. Leaving the hairline looking un natural looking + the multi hair grafts + the grafts growing up out of scalp with no angle = complete disaster.

Not having much experience about ht's and trusting this forum, I thought i was in safe hands.

I dont see how people can pass my result as successful, I must be missing something. If hairline looks like dr has drawn with ruler, riddled with multi hair grafts and grafts growing in un natural way that to me is a bad hair transplant. 

I understand microscopes wasnt being used at the time, I should've been informed and told it my result may not turn out natural.

Asmed want me to fly to turkey in january for consultation then the next day to have a repair done. I have asked many times how the repair will be performed all im being told is that more grafts will be placed into hairline.

So worried placing more grafts into hairline it going to look like a train wreck.  I dont understand why clinic are not giving me a few scenarios how the repair will be done just so i know what to expect.

I dont see placing more grafts into hairline will make it natural looking!!!!!

wow they actually did a really bad job. Actually feel really bad for you. All the time and  investment gone to waste. 

Really think clinic should be more clear and honest with you. Its not a easy decision to go under the knife again. Good luck! 

Edited by Kingbilla

18 months is 18 months.   You can either spend the money and have it corrected properly by a very experienced/caring doctor that knows FUT/FUE & repair (like Shapiro Medical Group or another clinic that is experienced in all types of hair transplantation and corrective procedures) and then can live the rest of your life properly

or

Go back to Turkey, the machine/factory of Erdogan will NOT take out your grafts and pack in a bunch more (mostly by his techs) - sure they may use microscopes now, but that might be just another promise and they don't do it consistently.   He's bullshitting you and you know it.  You are a number/paycheck to that guy.

You need at least 50% of the incorrectly angled grafts removed and many of the multi-hair grafts at/near frontal hairline zone taken out. 

Don't go back to Turkey - this guy's operation is purely a business to him at this point.  Ramping up to 8 surgeries a day - probably 12-16 a day w/n another few years so he can retire sooner.

Good luck.

Edited by jjsrader

15 hours ago, HT0416 said:

Asmed want me to fly to turkey in january for consultation then the next day to have a repair done...

I dont understand why clinic are not giving me a few scenarios how the repair will be done just so i know what to expect.

Ask your coordinator how much the doctor would charge for an online consultation.

Sadly, you're just a number to him. Worst, you're an expense since this is a repair job.

The way its all been handled seems like its just an expense tbh. Its dragged on for so long now. I would of thought Dr would of at least said something other than put more hair grafts into hairline. Anyone who knows about natural hair transplants would see its not a very good result. In my low quality pictures posted you can see the multis if you look carefully by the colour and stalkeness of the graft. 

Link below to one of Dr Erdogan repair from 2013.

Personally, if a clinic screwed up on such a basic thing as insertion angles, I would never consider going back to them to repair the screw up.   They can’t be trusted to do it right.  There is a research paper on Bernstein’s website from over 20 years ago explaining insertion angles for all the different zones of the scalp.   This is a blunder.   Don’t risk magnifying it.  Think long term.  

I know Turkey is cheaper,  but ht requires long term thinking for best results.  For me, short term savings is short term thinking if you are compromising on the doc in any way.