What Is The "Big 3" For Hair Loss Treatments

• Administrators

Many of you seasoned veterans may already know what the "big 3" refers to for hair loss treatments, but some hair loss sufferers may not know what the "big3" actually means. The "big 3" refers to Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral used in conjunction, which is the best hair loss treatments on the market today.

I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to read this article and share with others that may find it helpful

What Are The Big 3 Treatments For Hair Loss

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Jj,

it depends on whether you’re using 1% or 2% to be honest.  In my opinion, don’t use Nizoral 2% more than 2 or 3 times a week because it can be harsh in the scalp.   The 1% contains less of the ketoconazole and thus can be used more frequently.   

Alternatively, you can use Revita shampoo which contains the same 1% but also contains other ingredients that keep the hair soft so you can use it every day. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

I use Lipogaine big 3 shampoo and it has 1% ketocanozole which I use 3-4x a week. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, wheretogo said:

Hey Melvin,

why are you still using that kind of shampoo instead of regular one?. you transplanted hair in most of your scalp, do you concern about hair loss or it is just for the scalp health?

I still have some native non-transplanted hair, while not a huge amount still enough for me to want to keep and maintain. That’s why I still use Minoxidil as well.

View my thread

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

what is the idea around nizoral? it makes a barrier around the follicle so DHT can't attach to it?

It removes sebum from the hair follicles and sebum contains DHT, because sebaceous glands contain the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which converts testosterone in to DHT. I recommend reading the article, I go a bit more in depth.

View my thread

Have any of you tried Revita shampoo?   It contains 1 % ketaconozole but also contains other active ingredients that nourish the hair and scalp, making the hair very soft which enables you to use it every day as appropriate. 

So for those of you using other shampoos only a couple times a week because the active ingredient is harsh on the scale, you might wanna consider using Revita. 

Bill

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2018 at 9:18 AM, Bill - Seemiller said:

Have any of you tried Revita shampoo?   It contains 1 % ketaconozole but also contains other active ingredients that nourish the hair and scalp, making the hair very soft which enables you to use it every day as appropriate. 

So for those of you using other shampoos only a couple times a week because the active ingredient is harsh on the scale, you might wanna consider using Revita. 

Bill

From their website, it seems their product is "perfect" with all kinds of ingredients that tackle almost every aspect of hair loss. Their products claim to have ingredients that is equivalent (or better) than Minoxidil. And they also have ingredients that does DHT blocking. (Plus a lot more stuff that others don't have. )

If is true to what they claimed, then there is no need to use Minoxidil and Finasteride?