Shedding!! Is this normal?!

Knight88

Hey bud, I would say yes.  I was more aggressive than you have been with washing my recipient area.  I had all of the scabs and white crust off my scalp 9-10 days after the transplant.  It looks like you had yours done a little over a week after I had mine.

The night of the 14th day is when I started shedding.  Working at my desk and just looked down at notebook paper and probably 30-40 little hairs laying there.  They looked exactly like those in your pic without the scabs on them.

So you started shedding about 2 days before I did, but maybe not?  I started shampooing on the 7th day, so I'm sure I had some stuff come out in the shampoo that I didn't see.

You're good man.  Now just prepare for it all to fall out and then slowly grow back over the next year.  Remember, we didn't have our yard sodded.  We had it seeded.  It'll take longer but it'll come in nice and full ;)

You’re going to be fine.  I know if feels good to have all those scabs fall off.  You have plenty to look forward to in 3-4 months.  I chronicled my process daily with pictures and descriptions on my website.  You may want to check that out and see what to expect and when.  Everyone is a bit different but results are fairly typical.  I’ve recently posted past pictures again showing what to expect.  Go to my archives and see daily results from. 2012 and 2015.  My website is ... MyFUEhairtransplant.com

In the mean time keep posting pictures on this website every month or two showing us your progress.  Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, JohnCasper said:

You’re going to be fine.  I know if feels good to have all those scabs fall off.  You have plenty to look forward to in 3-4 months.  I chronicled my process daily with pictures and descriptions on my website.  You may want to check that out and see what to expect and when.  Everyone is a bit different but results are fairly typical.  I’ve recently posted past pictures again showing what to expect.  Go to my archives and see daily results from. 2012 and 2015.  My website is ... MyFUEhairtransplant.com

In the mean time keep posting pictures on this website every month or two showing us your progress.  Best of luck to you.

So here we are, day 17. Scabs have all come off (bar 1). Ive had a little trim back and sides. Overall I am happy with my progress so far. 05843D6E-865F-4B66-9266-FFE2BA58BEA2.thumb.jpeg.f460a9ba6960176998af37ea47d5bc30.jpeg9E4CC996-EF7F-4AB6-8025-02C9EDF5E6F6.jpeg.17ec4a588418353039702d92623192c9.jpeg

Looking very good.  Also looks like the redness is fading as well.  Keep us posted monthly on the network, especially around that 3-4 month range when those new hairs percolate through. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of new growth around February.  Happy growing and happy new year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let the scabs come off at their own pace.  Most of mine came off in the shower but be careful as you shampoo and massage your scalp during the shower.  Looking forward to seeing more pictures in a couple months.

• 2 weeks later...