FUT ~2500 frontal grafts by Dr. Diep Oct 26th [White Male]

mas_pelo

On 7/17/2019 at 12:35 AM, Aftermath said:

I read back through the thread earlier and I noticed you said it felt tighter this time and he couldn’t get the desired number of grafts, seems to me that you’re someone that’s prone to stretching, but the doctor overestimated the scalp laxity. If it was closed under tension then the scar would far more likely to stretch. Like I said consult with a few top surgeons about a revision, but don’t take any grafts in the strip and make sure you do a few months of scalp stretching exercises leading up 2 the surgery. I think the scar could substantially be reduced so it’s cosmetically acceptable, but you won’t have the “pencil thin” scar that people talk about. If the density of the recipient area isn’t dense enough for you when the year is up you could also think about extracting the remaining grafts your doc wanted via FUE to fill in any gaps that might be there.

Why do you say don’t put grafts in the scar? Bc it should be revised first? Any thoughts on SMP for it?

22 minutes ago, mas_pelo said:

Why do you say don’t put grafts in the scar? Bc it should be revised first? Any thoughts on SMP for it?

What I was saying is just have a scar revision without taking out any extra grafts with the scar (or another procedure), but Imo I wouldn’t FUE into it at this point either, the scar is just too wide for FUE, you’d be using up a hell of a lot of grafts for a scar that wide. Also SMP is ok for smaller scars but I don’t think it’d give a great result there. Consult with a few top docs renowned for scar revision but imo and if it were me I’d revise the scar allow healing re-assess then look at FUE and SMP options later down the line. Just make sure before the revision you stretch the scalp and afterwards be careful not to stretch by doing things like heavy weights 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

How’s everything looking right now? How do you style it? Do you just keep everything long to keep it looking uniform?

I mean, you know, as uniform as long hair can be...?

Yeah I style it with topik in the front and dermatch on the scar. It’s long(ish) on top and back but ideally I’d wear it shorter in the back. The scar is way too noticeable for that rn tho. 

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, mas_pelo said:

The scar is way too noticeable for that rn tho. 

I would imagine so. 

I’ve been following this thread for awhile. I agree that a scar revision is the way to proceed before anything else.

All the best, man. I hope this works out for you.

35 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I would imagine so. 

I’ve been following this thread for awhile. I agree that a scar revision is the way to proceed before anything else.

All the best, man. I hope this works out for you.

Hey thanks so much. 

When I had Dr. Diep do my FUT I had to have my local Dr. remove the stitches because I live in New Mexico. 
It was 14 days before I had all the blood clotting cleaned out, and he could do it.  My scar is very thin and not easy to see.  98% of my shock loss grew back in. 
My question is, how many days passed before you had the stitches removed..? I'm no Dr., but if they were removed too soon, could that have caused the scar to widen..?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update! After meeting with Dr Diep he has helped create a plan of action to fix the scar to help reduce it as much as possibly. I want to note that while I was definitely upset with my initial results, I do trust his skills and realize that its a crap shoot when it comes to how a scar can stretch and heal (even with proper care). 

I'm very optimistic and will post the results early next year once the procedure is complete. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm happy for you . I hope you will keep us updated. I'm glad to see Dr. Diep standing by you, that's awesome to hear and a sign of a great surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

That’s great, glad Dr. Diep did the scar revision. I agree it’s already looking better. Just keep the tension off the scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...