Scared to touch recipient area!

Knight88

Okay so I’m 10 days post FUE. And I have small scabs and redness on my recipient area. 

I know that by removing the scabs it will reduce the redness however I’m being a wimp and I scared about touching the recipient site whilst washing. 

Is it same to physically massage the area now?

Thanks.

4C7E15F5-BEB7-4115-B3EC-7B1F0B810569.jpeg

Do whatever your Dr. said.  But, I was rubbing up a lather with my shampoo on the 5th day or so and just laying it on there for like 20 minutes, twice a day.  Then gently pouring water over it to rinse.  7th day, shampoo'd it and gently massaged with my finger pads.  Been doing that ever since and yesterday was 2 weeks.  Dont pick the scabs, let them get nice and wet and shampoo your head, let it sit then massage the recipient area.  Itll come off within 2-3 showers.

You’re going to be fine.  When I began showering I actually rubbed a bit too hard.  The grafts were just fine but because my recipient area was so numb, I couldn’t feel the scabs actually scratching my head as I rubbed them fairly aggressively.  Be careful, be gentle, and let the shampoo, shower water pressure, and natural healing cause the scabs to drop off.  Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.