Wondering if anyone has been on blood thinners (anticoagulants) post-op, and whether it’s had any negative effect on the growth of their transplanted hair? 

I know cessation of blood thinners is necessary pre-op and during the surgery itself, but wondering whether resuming their use soon after the surgery is something anyone has had experience with or can comment on? 

Thanks  

I was put on Rat Poison (Warfarin) in 2009, but I believe I was on Pradaxa by 2011 when I had my first transplant and it turned out great.  I am only 2 months into this transplant so I can't comment on that.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

NO complications here - had to stop 5 days prior but went back on immediately.

Just Sayin' What most People are Thinkin'

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You definitely want to ask your surgeon about this as far as when to resume the thinners post-op....I think most would want to wait at least 10-12 days post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY