Dr. Arocha - 3000 FUT - 10 Month Results

This patient came to Dr. Arocha with severe thinning. He kept his hair short to conceal the hair loss. He underwent a FUT procedure and received approximately 3000 grafts with Dr. Arocha and the team at Arocha Hair Restoration. The after images were taken 10 months after his procedure. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

I want to provide an update for this patient. He recently came in for a follow-up. These new images were taken 1 year, 3 months after his procedure. 

thumb__DC16202_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16203_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16207_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16210_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16213_1024.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Nice result ... BUT ... the pre & post comparison is not.

Posting pre-op photos of a fully shaved head alongside post-op results is not helpful. 

I’ll quote some 🎾 champ....“You cannot be serious?!”

He hid his hair loss by looking bald? 🤔

Edited by VicTNYC

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Nice result ... BUT ... the pre & post comparison is not.

Posting pre-op photos of a fully shaved head alongside post-op results is not helpful. 

I’ll quote some 🎾 champ....“You cannot be serious?!”

He hid his hair loss by looking bald? 🤔

Maybe some post-op pics would help members understand the work done but I don’t see the point in blaming the clinic for the patients choice to keep his hair short prior to his procedure...

Your words make it seem like you were unaware that this is a thing that guys do when they start to lose their hair. Unless you’re being ironic? And if that’s the case the irony is completely lost in the text.

@ArochaAngel4247 I thought it was a nice result, however, I would really like to see immediate post-op pics from the clinic if they exist, which I’m assuming they do as your clinic is pretty thorough. The hairline looks really natural when the hair was pulled back but it would be great to see graft placement. That would help me, personally, understand the work that was done on a clean shaven head that grew out extremely curly.

Edited by Steeeve

5 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Maybe some post-op pics would help members understand the work done but I don’t see the point in blaming the clinic for the patients choice to keep his hair short prior to his procedure...

Your words make it seem like you were unaware that this is a thing that guys do when they start to lose their hair. Unless you’re being ironic? And if that’s the case the irony is completely lost in the text.

@ArochaAngel4247 I thought it was a nice result, however, I would really like to see immediate post-op pics from the clinic if they exist, which I’m assuming they do as your clinic is pretty thorough. The hairline looks really natural when the hair was pulled back but it would be great to see graft placement. That would help me, personally, understand the work that was done on a clean shaven head that grew out extremely curly.

It was a joke, I’m aware guys shave their hair to camouflage receding, I don’t blame the clinic for that, Im pointing out how the pre-op photos posted are unhelpful because you can’t really discern accurate progression, would have been good for the clinic to obtain more grown pre to compare.

It is a nice result by the doc & clinic as I stated.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:10 PM, VicTNYC said:

It was a joke, I’m aware guys shave their hair to camouflage receding, I don’t blame the clinic for that, Im pointing out how the pre-op photos posted are unhelpful because you can’t really discern accurate progression, would have been good for the clinic to obtain more grown pre to compare.

It is a nice result by the doc & clinic as I stated.

Hi VicTNYC, 

Unfortunately, we cannot always control how our patients prefer to keep their hair styled prior to a procedure. In this case, he felt better about keeping his hair short, like many other who have hair loss choose to do. It's a personal preference on their end. Thanks for taking the time to look at the result! 

Kira

On 2/22/2019 at 12:05 PM, Steeeve said:

Hi Steeeeve, 

Thanks for weighing in! Dr. Arocha liked your idea about providing some post-op images of this particular patient. Here is one that shows where Dr. Arocha worked - which was the hairline and frontal area to the mid-scalp. Let me know if you have any questions!

thumb__DC12601_1024.jpg