transplantedphil

Dr Devroye 8 MONTH REVIEW (FUE 2583 Grafts)

Phil,

I looked closely to your pics of the donor and to other cases. To be honest, on the first glimpse I do not see big issues: The punch size lookse fine and the wounds seemed to heal pretty fast. The pattern looks OK, maybe some of the extractions are a little close to each other put it does not look dramatic. Feathering is average and interstingly, I see some uneven areas even before the extraction. The "shiny" effect is also quite normal especially in the first days.

Konior only picked small singles for the hairline (from the side), therfore his punches are even smaller, but this is also normal.

That said: The result is really below average for this amount of FUE, but I (as a laymen) can only see minor issues from the post op pics. I do not see butchery (neither post op, nor after 8 month) on the donor.

I also do not want to excuse the other discusses topics - Hairline, poor communication from the clinic etc. Just want to give a perspective and hope you blame yourself a little less. Like saif before: In a couple of month you will look great. I am very sure.

All the best,

Gasthörer

Comparison (FUE after FUT also with WAW):

13 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Phil,

I looked closely to your pics of the donor and to other cases. To be honest, on the first glimpse I do not see big issues: The punch size lookse fine and the wounds seemed to heal pretty fast. The pattern looks OK, maybe some of the extractions are a little close to each other put it does not look dramatic. Feathering is average and interstingly, I see some uneven areas even before the extraction. The "shiny" effect is also quite normal especially in the first days.

Konior only picked small singles for the hairline (from the side), therfore his punches are even smaller, but this is also normal.

That said: The result is really below average for this amount of FUE, but I (as a laymen) can only see minor issues from the post op pics. I do not see butchery (neither post op, nor after 8 month) on the donor.

I also do not want to excuse the other discusses topics - Hairline, poor communication from the clinic etc. Just want to give a perspective and hope you blame yourself a little less. Like saif before: In a couple of month you will look great. I am very sure.

All the best,

Gasthörer

Comparison (FUE after FUT also with WAW):

Thanks so much for taking the time buddy :)

I don’t blame myself anymore and if your assessment is correct that’s actually a comfort - it’s the not knowing what was done to me or what to expect that I hated. I was always concerned given I could not tell much difference between the original injections and the FUE extractions themselves maybe the transection rate was high (the extraction process was that uncomfortable)

If the results are entirely normal - even expected for FUE - it means 2 things; 

1. I was only ever a good FUT candidate
  2. The exceeded graft count means Dr Devroye either wasn’t supervising my operation or he purposefully took me to the limit of my donor supply just to make a profit 

Thanks again Gasthoerer, sincerely appreciate your input!