Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

• Administrators

It’s coming in nicely for 5 months, congrats 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A few things here. 

I don’t know why people like to make patients worry so much so early 

for only 5months you are looking totally fine bud.

everyone grows differently, stop obsessing, forget about it and check again at 10 months

a couple things are playing against you here, first is that you are having a surgery where you already have hair, so it is harder to see the tiny blonde hairs sprouting 

second thing is this is a second surgery in the same area, so usually it grows a little slower. 

But even if that wasn’t the case you would still look fine. Just relax and sometimes it take 1.5 years to have the result. You are only at 5.5 months. Hairs only BEGIN to sprout at 4 months... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upshall said:

A few things here. 

everyone grows differently, stop obsessing, forget about it and check again at 10 months

a couple things are playing against you here, first is that you are having a surgery where you already have hair, so it is harder to see the tiny blonde hairs sprouting 

second thing is this is a second surgery in the same area, so usually it grows a little slower. 

But even if that wasn’t the case you would still look fine. Just relax and sometimes it take 1.5 years to have the result. You are only at 5.5 months. Hairs only BEGIN to sprout at 4 months... 

Yea seems to be a new thing where guys are freaking out at 5 months .. we are living in an instant gratification age, 5 months is just the beginning of noticeable growth for  most guys . 

9 hours ago, Upshall said:

A few things here. 

Well I hope so. Just seems like I have seen more cases on these forums where people that had very little improvement above baseline at 5-6 months in terms of new hairs sprouting in the hairline ended up having mediocre results at a year than I have seen of people on here that were similar to me at 5.5 months but ended up having a thick dense hairline at a year. So that's the reason for my concern. All the other cases I've seen where people had great results at a year, their 5 month pictures has some visible growth and you could see transplanted hairs sprouting 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

It still hasn't really improved above baseline tho lol all of the improvement has been just improvement of shock loss 

I went back and looked at your pre-op pictures and I do see some growth. Keep in mind, 5 months is very early especially if you suffered shock loss. That said, it looks promising. Try not to be discouraged by others who have resorted to dooming themselves almost instantly after having a hair transplant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Still lacking density but don’t be discouraged yet, far too soon.  Keep posting your monthly updates.  If they don’t improve steadily the next 4 months then you have cause for concern.  

1 hour ago, xadiohead said:

Still lacking density but don’t be discouraged yet, far too soon.  Keep posting your monthly updates.  If they don’t improve steadily the next 4 months then you have cause for concern.  

I'll take them up on the offer to fix it for free with their warranty if I don't yield 90%. But there's a good chance the same thing happens again.

What affordable surgeons exist that have a higher success rate than Erdogan? 

Edited by Der3k7

Hopefully things improve for you in the next 6 months or so. I'd just be vary of jumping into another procedure considering you are 26-27 and already used 7300 grafts with a fair chunk of that used on lowering the hairline and temple points. May just need to keep some in the bank for future hair loss. Think you mentioned you are on finasteride which should hopefully allow you to retain your native hair.

8 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Hopefully things improve for you in the next 6 months or so. I'd just be vary of jumping into another procedure considering you are 26-27 and already used 7300 grafts with a fair chunk of that used on lowering the hairline and temple points. May just need to keep some in the bank for future hair loss. Think you mentioned you are on finasteride which should hopefully allow you to retain your native hair.

It seems like my hairloss has stableized I dont see hair coming out nearly as much after showers compared to how it used to and haven't noticed things getting worse at all. And if I wait I wouldn't be able to use the warranty probably 

7 hours ago, munich said:

I have read that in a second hair transplant the growth can come later. Hopefully you will see remarkable growth in the next months. 

Hopefully 

14 minutes ago, BjornBorg said:

Aha. That length is better for your hair in its current state. I think it's starting to look better but not yet a satisfactory result with regards to the hairline.

How's the crown and midscalp looking?

Basically No improvement. Seems to be almost a complete waste of precious grafts by ASMED. Included before comparison pic

8FCC195A-0B10-4E9E-96E4-0109408EE1A8.jpeg

D5F8AF54-0B63-4D48-8B20-32CC9448BCD9.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

I see little improvement in the front area, but the temples seems to be weaker. It reminds me very strongly of my case. What do you think how many grafts have grown? I'm now 9,5 months post op and estimate a growth rate of 50%

20 hours ago, munich said:

I see little improvement in the front area, but the temples seems to be weaker. It reminds me very strongly of my case. What do you think how many grafts have grown? I'm now 9,5 months post op and estimate a growth rate of 50%

Not sure but a lot of money and grafts were wasted. This is not a good result for 5000 grafts.