Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

8 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hey dude

Growth progress is starting to look good siince your the last couple of weeks update. 👍🏻

I hope it gets significantly better than baseline. Still haven't improved above baseline tho. Basically just back to pre op status currently 

8 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I hope it gets significantly better than baseline. Still haven't improved above baseline tho. Basically just back to pre op status currently 

If this growth is just your native hair and hair from your 1st ht growing back then that’s a good sign to me. 🤞🏻

10 minutes ago, Markee said:

5000 more grafts in the next few months I think things should explode your baseline blues will be just a faint memory   :)

Hope so or I wasted another 18k

First procedure was 15k

Edited by Der3k7

28 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Hope so or I wasted another 18k

First procedure was 15k

Serious chunk of money I'm surprised Erdogan didn't cut you some slack on your second procedure 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

I see slight improvement but it’s just 5-months, hopefully from here on out you progress gets better with each couple of weeks. 🤞🏻

I still don't think I've improved beyond what I was before surgery. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not gonna happen. I literally look basically the same as before surgery 

9 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I still don't think I've improved beyond what I was before surgery. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's not gonna happen. I literally look basically the same as before surgery 

Are you taking any vitamins and suppliments daily I.e. Biotin/MSM/Muti Vitamin?

Have you tried massaging your scalp with some organic virgin coconut oil a few nights a week?

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Are you taking any vitamins and suppliments daily I.e. Biotin/MSM/Muti Vitamin?

Have you tried massaging your scalp with some organic virgin coconut oil a few nights a week?

Honestly, I don't think that's gonna make a difference man. I get enough nutrition and my wound healing is fine and my normal hair grows just fine. If I'm gonna get results at all I'll get results without doing anything other than waiting. The surgery itself is supposed to be the fix, if other things were necessary the surgeons would tell us 

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

Honestly, I don't think that's gonna make a difference man. I get enough nutrition and my wound healing is fine and my normal hair grows just fine. If I'm gonna get results at all I'll get results without doing anything other than waiting. The surgery itself is supposed to be the fix, if other things were necessary the surgeons would tell us 

I hear ya. 

I'd agree, you do seem to be in a position similar to baseline. One thing I would say in your case though is you did have a a lot of hair going into the procedure and you may have to wait a little longer to notice a real difference. Going by your pre-op pics, I personally wouldn't instantly have had you down as a 5000 graft case however it looks like at least 600 of those grafts were used on making a real difference in the temple point region. How do you feel about progress in the temple point area?

With 600 of the 2600 frontal grafts being used the temple points, leaves the remaining 2000 being used on reinforcing the hairline you had going into the procedure (doesn't seem the hair line was lowered if I'm not mistaken?). The native hair in that area has obviously grown back but that may also help show up the lagging transplanted hair in that area a bit more too.  I'd probably look to reevaluate things in that region around the 7-8 month mark and obviously if things haven't approved by then, then I'd be concerned.

The last picture you've provided is a bit blurry, so not so easy to gauge how the other 2400 grafts are getting on in the mid-scalp and crown.

don’t worry just yet. like others said you had a lot of hair prior to the surgery so it’s harder to see the progress. you’re not even half way done. month 7-8 i’m sure you’ll notice it. hang in there bro 

53 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

The native hair in that area has obviously grown back but that may also help show up the lagging transplanted hair in that area a bit more too.

Just to correct myself, it seems as though the hair that has grown back in the hairline is also transplanted hair (from you previous ARTAS procedure where it looks like the hairline was lowered)

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I'd agree, you do seem to be in a position similar to baseline. One thing I would say in your case though is you did have a a lot of hair going into the procedure and you may have to wait a little longer to notice a real difference. Going by your pre-op pics, I personally wouldn't instantly have had you down as a 5000 graft case however it looks like at least 600 of those grafts were used on making a real difference in the temple point region. How do you feel about progress in the temple point area?

With 600 of the 2600 frontal grafts being used the temple points, leaves the remaining 2000 being used on reinforcing the hairline you had going into the procedure (doesn't seem the hair line was lowered if I'm not mistaken?). The native hair in that area has obviously grown back but that may also help show up the lagging transplanted hair in that area a bit more too.  I'd probably look to reevaluate things in that region around the 7-8 month mark and obviously if things haven't approved by then, then I'd be concerned.

The last picture you've provided is a bit blurry, so not so easy to gauge how the other 2400 grafts are getting on in the mid-scalp and crown.

I do believe my temples look a bit more defined and straight after this procedure. My hairline was supposed to be lowered slightly but primarily was reinforced and reshaped to be more angular and straight. But the hairs that really made the new line angular are not growing much yet and lots of space in hairline with visible scalp. Also I had thinning in crown and vertex and was very thin when wet and this is why we used 5000 to cover hairline, crown, and vertex. 

At least they have a 90% growth guarantee, and 90% of 5000 grafts should be a huge difference. If I don't reach that threshold they offer to do a free touch up with enough grafts that should make me reach that 90% threshold of the original 5000 grafts. I'll just have to pay to fly there again. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Just to correct myself, it seems as though the hair that has grown back in the hairline is also transplanted hair (from you previous ARTAS procedure where it looks like the hairline was lowered)

Yeah some of the hair there was transplanted from ARTAS

Edited by Der3k7

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

At least they have a 90% growth guarantee, and 90% of 5000 grafts should be a huge difference. If I don't reach that threshold they offer to do a free touch up with enough grafts that should make me reach that 90% threshold of the original 5000 grafts. I'll just have to pay to fly there again. 

How many grafts do you have left in your donor, did you get an estimation from the Dr?

Also what's the status of the grafts that were put in your beard?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already.

3 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

How many grafts do you have left in your donor, did you get an estimation from the Dr?

Also what's the status of the grafts that were put in your beard?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already.

To be honest I haven't been checking my beard much I just trimmed it a bit shorter than usual so I'll have to let it grow back to see if the density in those spots have been brought up above what it was previously to make it more homogenous and connected to the rest of my beard and I'll get back to you. 

Dr said I have something like 3000 grafts left 

CC7B9C80-A70C-49CA-9E0F-BDA12B4773BB.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

Has anyone gone to Asmed and had a mediocre result the first time and then go back for the 90% warranty procedure to fix it and then end up having a good result with the free warranty fix?