Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

On 1/7/2019 at 3:49 AM, baldman_GO said:

What about the cost, Any progess update?

14250 USD 

And no progress. I'm only going to add monthly pic updates now. Currently at 9 weeks so 3 more weeks until I'll post new pictures 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Der3k7

3 months is far too early to get discouraged. I know how it is and you want to be the best of the early growers. Your work looked great, your hairline and tempe design look solid. I know its agonising but stay positive. Chin up. Worrying will only make things worse. I know its easier said than done. 

These few months will have soon passed, and you will be enjoying your new head of hair. Stay positive!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

11 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Der3k7

3 months is far too early to get discouraged. I know how it is and you want to be the best of the early growers. Your work looked great, your hairline and tempe design look solid. I know its agonising but stay positive. Chin up. Worrying will only make things worse. I know its easier said than done. 

These few months will have soon passed, and you will be enjoying your new head of hair. Stay positive!

Hi Raphael

Can you explain what you mean by "worrying will only make things worse"? Do you mean worry/stress can somehow affect final results?

don't worry ...I have shown my pics on here at 5 months  where the growth was starting to be noticeable  because a lot of guys were freaking out about their growth at 5 months ..I will look and see if i can find a 3 month pic ...I know it's stressful man but honestly 3 months is just the beginning .

Just read through your post ..understandable why you are extra nervous as you had an unsatisfactory transplant before ...the work looks good with Asmed I'm sure at 4 months you will notice the start of the growth ...

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Hi Raphael

Can you explain what you mean by "worrying will only make things worse"? Do you mean worry/stress can somehow affect final results?

Well, I would say this for 2 reasons. 

#1 - When understanding the process of a HT procedure, no Dr will ever guarantee that growth will be significantly apparent at 3 months. Actually, forget "no Dr will ever guarantee", no Dr of any status will say that results should be visible at 3 months. It wasn't so long ago that you were still in the "healing" stage. It is the same for all guys who have undergone HT procedures, we have all followed guys and seen results which have shown ridiculously early growth, and we ALL want to be one of those guys, in that category. I couldn't quote the percentages of guys who are in that category, but it for sure the minority. With the evolution in techniques, experience and HT´s in general, maybe that percentage is slowly on the rise, for sure more than it was 10 years ago, but that doesn't mean to say that it is the norm. So don't become disheartened that you are not in the top 8% in regards to early growth. As we all know, this is a long term commitment, a long term solution, and we are all looking for longterm lasting results. Would you rather see growth at 3 months and achieve a longterm 6/10, or see growth at 6 months and receive a long term 9/10? Society is now always in need of "quick fix" results. We are a civilisation that struggles with patience. Don't you be!

#2 - I think that it is fair to say that the majority of guys who consider and ultimately undergo HT procedures spend too much time and energy thinking about their hair. That the majority are insecure of how their hair looks, and for that reason decide to take the path of surgery whilst spending large amounts of money and investing a lot of time in their hair. We already obsess too much about our hair. Most guys these days are reasonably well educated of the process of a HT, and understand the risk/reward in taking the decision of a HT. Even if you were not expecting/hoping for results until 6 months, you would still be obsessing about your hair everyday. Checking for new sprouts of hairs, how is the donor, is the reddening subsiding, shock loss, further loss of native hair, etc. etc... It is a painstaking process. So what positive aspect can worrying at 3 months possibly bring to the table? NOTHING! It can only bring more anxiety, stress and worry, which will completely change your frame of mind and can affect all aspects of your life. Including how you view you HT.

You did your research, your due diligance. You made your decision and chose one of the best Drs in the business. Trust the process. But understand the process isn't a 3 month process. 

I wish you the best of luck and will be positively awaiting your next several months updates!

• Like 3

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

3 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Well, I would say this for 2 reasons. 

#1 - When understanding the process of a HT procedure, no Dr will ever guarantee that growth will be significantly apparent at 3 months. Actually, forget "no Dr will ever guarantee", no Dr of any status will say that results should be visible at 3 months. It wasn't so long ago that you were still in the "healing" stage. It is the same for all guys who have undergone HT procedures, we have all followed guys and seen results which have shown ridiculously early growth, and we ALL want to be one of those guys, in that category. I couldn't quote the percentages of guys who are in that category, but it for sure the minority. With the evolution in techniques, experience and HT´s in general, maybe that percentage is slowly on the rise, for sure more than it was 10 years ago, but that doesn't mean to say that it is the norm. So don't become disheartened that you are not in the top 8% in regards to early growth. As we all know, this is a long term commitment, a long term solution, and we are all looking for longterm lasting results. Would you rather see growth at 3 months and achieve a longterm 6/10, or see growth at 6 months and receive a long term 9/10? Society is now always in need of "quick fix" results. We are a civilisation that struggles with patience. Don't you be!

#2 - I think that it is fair to say that the majority of guys who consider and ultimately undergo HT procedures spend too much time and energy thinking about their hair. That the majority are insecure of how their hair looks, and for that reason decide to take the path of surgery whilst spending large amounts of money and investing a lot of time in their hair. We already obsess too much about our hair. Most guys these days are reasonably well educated of the process of a HT, and understand the risk/reward in taking the decision of a HT. Even if you were not expecting/hoping for results until 6 months, you would still be obsessing about your hair everyday. Checking for new sprouts of hairs, how is the donor, is the reddening subsiding, shock loss, further loss of native hair, etc. etc... It is a painstaking process. So what positive aspect can worrying at 3 months possibly bring to the table? NOTHING! It can only bring more anxiety, stress and worry, which will completely change your frame of mind and can affect all aspects of your life. Including how you view you HT.

You did your research, your due diligance. You made your decision and chose one of the best Drs in the business. Trust the process. But understand the process isn't a 3 month process. 

I wish you the best of luck and will be positively awaiting your next several months updates!

thanks for the thorough response, you make some really good points. But the question still remains, r u inferring that worry/stress can somehow affect final results/yield of a transplant?

8 hours ago, jj51702 said:

thanks for the thorough response, you make some really good points. But the question still remains, r u inferring that worry/stress can somehow affect final results/yield of a transplant?

Stress and anxiety are disease.

They can affect central nervous and endocrine systems, respiratory and cardiovascular, digestive system, muscular system, sexual appetite and reproductive system, immune system and the list goes on...

If worry and stress can affect your body in such extreme ways, and whether directly or indirectly can effect your health and therefore your initial hairloss, I think it makes a lot of sense to consider that stress and worry could impact HT results. 

Consider the indirect affects. For example, due to being stressed, anxious, insecure, you have little motivation, don't embrace social relationships and spend more time alone. Then due to this you make poor food choices and have low activity levels. Your sleep is poor and inconsistent, your cortisol levels rise. The list goes on but could your poor state of health affect how you transplanted hair may or may not grow? I would suggest that it could have an impact!

Give your HT the best possible chance for the best possible results. We spend hours/days/months researching, consulting and choosing Doctors to be in the best possible position, so surely it makes sense to do the same with our bodies. Give it an environment to thrive, complete homeostasis. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mick50 said:

don't worry ...I have shown my pics on here at 5 months  where the growth was starting to be noticeable  because a lot of guys were freaking out about their growth at 5 months ..I will look and see if i can find a 3 month pic ...I know it's stressful man but honestly 3 months is just the beginning .

Just read through your post ..understandable why you are extra nervous as you had an unsatisfactory transplant before ...the work looks good with Asmed I'm sure at 4 months you will notice the start of the growth ...

So did you not see growth until 5 months and then you still ended up getting a good result?

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

So did you not see growth until 5 months and then you still ended up getting a good result?

No Had growth before 5 months ..but but it kept on getting better right up the 18 month mark  ...hard to compare with you in some ways because you had a lot of hair before your second op compared to me    I only had maybe 3 -4  hundred miniaturised hairs on top so I didn't have the  worry of shock -loss of native or transplanted hairs to worry about ..

Looking at you pics you have a defined hair-line beginning to take shape ,and noticeable although thin hair growing behind it ..all you can do is wait it out and try not to worry too much ..I just can't see anything to be overly worried with at this stage ..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 months is the stage I really started to notice lots of new hair popping. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

14 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

4 months is the stage I really started to notice lots of new hair popping. 

Do you actually see the new hairs coming through and being significantly shorter in the gaps than the native hair?

• Administrators

Be patient, things look promising. 4.5 months is the tip of the iceberg.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...