Hairline Reconstruction/ 3000 Grafts/ Jerry Cooley MD

This patient is in his late 30’s and first came to see us in 2014. We first prescribed finasteride.  He returned one year later showing his loss had stabilized and he underwent a conservative hairline restoration of 2,000 grafts using the FUT procedure with PRP/ACell.  He was very pleased with the results.

He returned in 2017, requesting a slight lowering of the hairline and temple angle closure. Given his excellent response and compliance with medical therapy, and his willingness to continue PRP in the future, we decided a more aggressive restoration would be an option for him.

We performed 1,000 grafts FUT with another PRP treatment that included ACell. He is shown one year later in 2018.

As with all of our videos, this result is presented in Ultra HD 4K resolution and we are the first clinic in the world to standardize on this format in order to show as much detail as possible. 

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

1 hour ago, HairCenter said:

This patient is in his late 30’s and first came to see us in 2014. We first prescribed finasteride.  He returned one year later showing his loss had stabilized and he underwent a conservative hairline restoration of 2,000 grafts using the FUT procedure with PRP/ACell.  He was very pleased with the results.

He returned in 2017, requesting a slight lowering of the hairline and temple angle closure. Given his excellent response and compliance with medical therapy, and his willingness to continue PRP in the future, we decided a more aggressive restoration would be an option for him.

We performed 1,000 grafts FUT with another PRP treatment that included ACell. He is shown one year later in 2018.

As with all of our videos, this result is presented in Ultra HD 4K resolution and we are the first clinic in the world to standardize on this format in order to show as much detail as possible. 

Looks great ,just shows how many grafts are needed to get that kind of density ,one of the lucky guys who has true density and not an illusion ,really natural result ,I have seen a lot of cases where guys get hair-line work and it just doesn't match the native hair ,really impressive result .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 1:59 PM, BjornBorg said:

As for illusion of density being the most one can hope for, I guess that goes for covering larger amounts of bald skin. Because looking at the video there, that's no illusion. That's just a marvelously dense hairline.

Very impressive!

There are several parameters that dictate whether a result will have the illusion of density or actual density and the space covered is one of the biggest factors, of course. It also has to do with hair type as coarser hairs are more difficult to pack together tightly but at the same time there is a threshold where the number of grafts that occupy a given area doesn't have to be quite as high as with finer hair to achieve the referenced "illusion". Skin characteristics are a little discussed factor as well as one cannot simply assume that dense packing is possible. Everyone's skin reacts slightly differently to having 2000 incisions made very close to each other. Some patients will see the connective tissue literally fall apart so lower density is necessary so that a second pass can be made later.

Thank you for your comments!

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com