3500 Grafts, Dr Cinik, 6th November 2018

Donjamo

Month two done and the shedding seems to have calmed down, no more hairs seem to be appearing in my hand when showering and during the last month I’ve had a haircut to tidy up the back and sides whilst just taking the ends of the top. Interesting experience getting that first cut as I was extremely nervous as it would seem the barber was after telling him about the transplant! 

Apart from the shedding and haircut it has been a very quiet month, I am still feeling some numbness at the top of my head and also around the donar area, I am experiencing some itching in both the donar and recipient areas but I tend to use fractioned coconut oil on both and that seems to help, also seem to have a few pimples in both areas which doesn’t help with the itching 

Update photos have been sent to Dr Cinik and they seem to be happy with the progress so far, Let’s see what the next four weeks brings! 

A3F4F189-8307-4E70-B0FB-A2E2A7E9CBD2.jpeg

Thinking about going to Dr. Cinik aswell.
Im 32 and started losing hair about 10 years ago and it bothers me everyday. Was looking for clinics in denmark where im from, but they are really expensive. So i startet looking in turkey, greece and belgium, and have seen great results from Dr. Cinik, and his prices are 1/3 of here in denmark.

Did you pay the extra price for the exclusive package, so that Dr. Cinik performed the channel opening?
I just got the estimated price from them, and there is 500euros difference if i want him to perfom the  channel opening. They told me that it would make no difference whether he does it or his employees do it.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Edited by Dalgaard
  • Like 1

I'm flying next monday to Dr. Cinik. I hope everything goes fine. Did he do the channels opening?, were you satisfied with the procedure?. I'll open my thread once I come back and will share how it went. 

I guess you're 1 month away for getting results, but I think that it will be good considering your surgery photos. Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

@Dalgaard yes Cinik did the channels and the rest was done by two techs, I have no complaints regarding the service I was provided. The procedure is very popular in Turkey and I must have seen approx 80-100 guys in istanbul with the same thing done. 

@fespafer good luck, you’ll be in good hands and I am sure all will be a success. Just my recommendation but if you can take the needless injections, it is far less painful than the normal needles! Look forward to seeing your progress 

Was the extra 500euros and the extra 300euros for needless injections worth it?
The extra 500euros for the exclusive package only contains 1 night extra at hotel and the first wash the day after, and then of course Cinik doing the channels.
Im just wondering if that is worth it? Im not in a well paid job, so 500euros i actually alot of money for me :)
The people i talked to from Dr. Cinik said that the result would be the same, with or without Cinik doing the channels. I guess the extra 500euros is to be sure its done right by him, of course.

Thinking about going in the end of this year when the weather turns cold and dark in Denmark again, and i have the dark weather to hide my head the first couple of month. Would not really make alot of sense going in the middle of summer. And i have more time to save the money :)

• Like 1

I got everything included in my price (needleless and 1 extra night) since we're traveling 2 people together. I hope it worths it.

• Like 1

My hair transplant: 

@Dalgaard the needless was well worth it, I have to have two HT and when I go back in November I’ll be taking needless again, as for Cinik doing the channels that’s your own personal preference but I did find the techs very professional so I’m sure would be fine. 

Thank you for the reply. Great to hear your review of cinik when thinking about going there to get HT.

Really looking forward seeing your progress.

What about safety in turkey/Istanbul right now? Remember a couple of years ago, when they advised western tourists not to go to Turkey. I'm not scared of that, but I'm bringing my girlfriend, and she gets easily scared of stuff like that. But okay, who can blame her, with the world today:D

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2018 at 12:52 PM, MoHairKid said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I'm debating going to Dr. Cinik as well but I'm really nervous about it.  Looking forward to your 2 month update.  You should start seeing results soon.

you won't see too much difference between first and the second month. Grow start from 4th month on really. I think you would judge better if you had photos of 6 or 7th month.

Latest pictures week 14 

Not a lot has been happening between week 8 and week 14 apart from a haircut, the numbness at the top of my head is just about gone, still suffer from some itching but I put that down to a little growth starting and I’ve had a couple of pimples appear 

So far so good, it’s about being patient and judging the final results and not this ugly duckling stage 

Feel free to ask any questions, happy to help or give my views to anyone considering the procedure or Dr Cinik 

F27E0140-0C78-4008-9CCF-1915166BD739.jpeg

On 1/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, Donjamo said:

@Dalgaard yes Cinik did the channels and the rest was done by two techs, I have no complaints regarding the service I was provided. The procedure is very popular in Turkey and I must have seen approx 80-100 guys in istanbul with the same thing done. 

@fespafer good luck, you’ll be in good hands and I am sure all will be a success. Just my recommendation but if you can take the needless injections, it is far less painful than the normal needles! Look forward to seeing your progress 

Hi @Donjamo, I tried to start my own thread. As you said, I felt confortable with Dr. Cinik and his staff and seemed to me very professional. I'm in plain shock loss now (the worst phase), but hopefuly, everything will go fine.

Regarding your progress, everything looks fine and from now on everything will improve. Good luck friend, I'll keep checking your thread. 

My thread:

Edited by fespafer
  • Like 1

My hair transplant: 

• 2 weeks later...

Four Month Mark 

So between week 14 & 16 there is not much to report, however between month three and four I would say I’m seeing the changes.

I always feel the photos I take and post never show things in the best light but naturally I can see that hair is growing steadily now, I’m well aware this is a journey so not being too impatient but the density seems to be beginning and so far I am happy with the outcome. 

My ritual at the moment is medication daily as per clinics instructions and three times a week I am using fractioned coconut oil on donar and recipient area, this I feel helps with the itching I sometimes still suffer but I put that down to hair growth, surprisingly at the top of my head in a small area I still have a little bit of numbness but this will be temporary 

Monthly I am sending my progress pics to Dr Cinik and they seem to be happy so far, now I’m looking forward to what the months ahead bring and then begin to think about transplant number 2. 

Between weeks 14 & 16 I have had a haircut, I’m trying where possible to keep the sides and back tidy, but also had a very small amount (the ends) taken from the top.

As always feel free to ask any questions if anyone considering such a procedure 

1F37C5A9-21E9-4737-ABCA-B5FA764D3D77.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Donjamo said:

@MrOneSeries thanks buddy, yes definitely, I’m going to book in August for November which will be the year mark, not going through all this for half a result, may as well go the whole hog! 

How are you getting on with yours? 

Nice one, sounds like a good plan!

Yeah not too bad, I'm 2.5 months now and just trying to get through each week and be patient.

It's not easy but trying not to stress out, still got a long way to go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Week 20 - Five month mark

The progress since week 16 to 20 seems to have come from nowhere, I’ve noticed a big difference in the growth of my transplanted area and the density seems to have appeared. After five months I am happy so far with the progress as is Dr Cinik’s clinic and I look forward to what the 12 month mark will show.

The daily ritual of medication contiinues as does using fractioned coconut oil twice weekly on my hair 

4A6F7D81-09A7-42BC-AA03-EA9CC916A7B2.jpeg