How Is My Hair Transplant Progress?

Hello,

I would just like to have educated opinions on my hair transplant progress so I can put my mind at ease. As of today, I am currently at 4 months and 15 days post-op, and the procedure I've undergone involved the transplanting of 2500 grafts via FUE, with single hair grafts placed strategically along the hairline. On the right side of the photo, the growth seems to be faster and more mature, as evidenced from the darker fill as compared to the left side of the photo.

If you notice particularly glaring bald spots in the forelock and/or upper left side of the photo, it is due to shock loss of my existing native hair, and I just started on a finasteride regimen 2 weeks ago in hopes of salvaging it. Right now, when I brush my hand through the transplanted area, it actually doesn't feel as sparse as it looks like on photos. That makes me wonder if I'm actually feeling hairs that aren't that visible yet. Then again, I might just be kidding myself. 

20181103_234951.jpg

• Administrators

Everything looks right on track, happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Everything looks right on track, happy growing.

Thanks Melvin. 

I was comparing my results to other young hair transplant patients like MikeNguyen and JeanLDD, and it definitely seems like I'm 1-2 months behind of them. 

Seems on track, the subtle changes ahead will last at least a year. Happy growing, after month 8 or 9 you'll see significant differences.

Can't really compare your early growth too intensely with others as everyone is a little different.

But your patience will probably be rewarded so don't sweat it.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

1 hour ago, Speegs said:

Seems on track, the subtle changes ahead will last at least a year. Happy growing, after month 8 or 9 you'll see significant differences.

Can't really compare your early growth too intensely with others as everyone is a little different.

But your patience will probably be rewarded so don't sweat it.

So you think I am experiencing early growth? Hmm.. With so much of the results posted online being home-run results, it's kind of hard to know where I stand. 

2 hours ago, Leftwithrope said:

So you think I am experiencing early growth? Hmm.. With so much of the results posted online being home-run results, it's kind of hard to know where I stand. 

I think left means you can't compare the early stages of your growth to everyone else ,not that you are experiencing early growth as such .,Your growth looks about average to me ,and hair-line which is beginning to take shape looks good ,just try to relax you're really at the beginning of the fun stage ,