Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Early days johan, that said, you have to be realistic in your expectations given that you were really bald and only had one surgery. You may require 3-4 hair transplants to achieve the desired appearance keep that in mind.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr.Bhatti suggested the number of grafts. He suggested to take some beard but he said I would get decent results with 2500 grafts. That was also his initial estimate for the procedure.

I have also seen people saying if I was give the option to have a higher hairline. Again, the hairline was also designed by the doctor and I did not even ask to put the hairline one cm lower. 

I am not blaming the doctor here as I was satisfied with the professional atmosphere at Darling buds.

However, I am not going to accept people trying to tell me that I should have known beforehand the results would be disappointing as it is right now. Dr.Bhatti is a good doctor and I did my research before going to him but unfortunately the outcome of my procedure was not satisfactory at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had my transpant with Dr.Bhatti last month. I am completing 4 weeks. Now looking at your results i am concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johanchicago said:

I have also seen people saying if I was give the option to have a higher hairline. Again, the hairline was also designed by the doctor and I did not even ask to put the hairline one cm lower.  

I have to agree with this, yes. It is the doctor's responsibility to judge the best-suited hairline for the number of grafts that are available for harvest. In this case, I can't help but wonder why it wasn't designed to give a more receded look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, johanchicago said:

You should have had decent coverage for the transplanted area at least. It is obvious that most of the grafts did not survive. When results don't turnout good, "few people" start pointing out that you have extensive baldness, should be realistic and so on. No such talk comes until the results are presented. Look at some of the large baldness cases done by Dr. Pradeep Sethi, for example the case of a user named "Black panther".  Comparing that case with yours, it is quite obvious where to point a finger. 

 

Dr.Bhatti suggested the number of grafts. He suggested to take some beard but he said I would get decent results with 2500 grafts. That was also his initial estimate for the procedure.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the comments above, 2500 grafts was never going to be a dense result. I personally would have expected the doctor to possibly refuse or at least limit your expectations if you're donor was limited. I think you needed 3500+ to get decent coverage, ashmed would of probably suited someone with your loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my HT with Dr Bhatti for approx 2800 grafts in Dec 17. Prob very similar density as yours. 

IMG_20190607_082428.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Baldnomore8 said:

I did my HT with Dr Bhatti for approx 2800 grafts in Dec 17. Prob very similar density as yours. 

IMG_20190607_082428.jpg

I don't understand. Why is the graft count so low for such a large area? Do you have a weak donor area? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AltonMeyer said:

I don't understand. Why is the graft count so low for such a large area? Do you have a weak donor area? 

Fairly weak and thin grafts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wait for 6 more months, the density might improve somewhat. This is a bit early to take a final call on this HT.

2500 is way too less number of grafts for the area being covered, again as many have mentioned you will require supplemental body hair transplants to achieve higher density. Do post your beard and chest area pictures grown out if possible.

If at 1 year to 14 months results remain the same and if you desire further density then consider sending your pictures to suitable surgeons. (forum seniors are here to guide you).

Often there will be ''some'' improvement in density between 6-12 months, I am praying for your results. Good luck.

Edited by harin
spelling mistake

My Thread: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 12:52 AM, johanchicago said:

Dr.Bhatti suggested the number of grafts. He suggested to take some beard but he said I would get decent results with 2500 grafts. That was also his initial estimate for the procedure.

I have also seen people saying if I was give the option to have a higher hairline. Again, the hairline was also designed by the doctor and I did not even ask to put the hairline one cm lower. 

I am not blaming the doctor here as I was satisfied with the professional atmosphere at Darling buds.

However, I am not going to accept people trying to tell me that I should have known beforehand the results would be disappointing as it is right now. Dr.Bhatti is a good doctor and I did my research before going to him but unfortunately the outcome of my procedure was not satisfactory at all.

 

 

I had the procedure with the Same doctor few months earlier than yours. August 2018 to be exact. And you can see my results on my post.

Im not sure what has he been communicating to you but I think you shouldn’t jump on the repair with him if he suggest you to do so until he really explain to you what went wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 5:56 AM, Shera said:

Hi Johanchicago,

With the area to cover and the limited availability of grafts the expectation for anyone of your balding should be to appear not bald with the added option of creating an enhanced look through the use of fibres now that you have sufficient hairs for them to attach to.

It is simply not possible that Dr Panine or any other surgeon could have covered that area more effectively with the limited number of grafts available.

Also in similar cases as yours more than one procedure and possibly a course of SMP is recommended and I'm sure this would have been made clear to you as it is with all similar balding patients.

Saying that, you are 6.5 months in and appear to be growing very well. You still have quite a few months of growth left so I think from what I can see there is much improvement to be still had.

Try to be more positive, you are on your way to making a big aesthetic difference to where you started.

Feel free to contact me personally if you need my support.

Hi Shera,

Dr.Bhatti explained me what to expect - 'he clearly mentioned I should get decent density'. I was actually inclined to go darling buds/Dr.Bhatti after seeing all the good results but I should have clearly done more research on bad results. I don't know if any other surgeon would do it better but I consider my surgery a example of Dr.Bhatti's bad result.

Again, I am not putting blame on Dr.Bhatti as there are other factors involved and not only skill set of the surgeon and I would still recommend Dr.Bhatti as he did respond promptly about my concerns and he was always professional and positive.

 

The total number of hairs was 5115

Single - 328

Double - 1657

Triple - 491

I think most of the hair grafts did not survive. I am considering a second surgery later next year. Check out my outcome after 9 months of the surgery.

20190621_171455.jpg

Edited by johanchicago
I want to explain better about the situation as there are other factors involved in hair transplant other then surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, johanchicago said:

Hi Shera,

Dr.Bhatti explained me what to expect - 'he clearly mentioned I should get decent density'. I was actually inclined to go darling buds/Dr.Bhatti after seeing all the good results but I should have clearly done more research on bad results. I don't know if any other surgeon would do it better but I consider my surgery a example of Dr.Bhatti's bad result.

The total number of hairs was 5115

Single - 328

Double - 1657

Triple - 491

I think most of the hair grafts did not survive. I am considering a second surgery later next year. Check out my outcome after 9 months of the surgery. Absolutely horrible outcome.

20190621_171455.jpg

2500 grafts was never going to be enough for that area anyway. I do not know why Dr. Bhatti decided to go with that number, maybe you have a thin donor? 

In that case the hairline should've been even more receded. 

I have to say, looking at this picture the procedure does look like a failure. 

If the problem was with you all along then Dr. Bhatti should've simply told you that you aren't a good candidate. 

Mate I'd just shave my head if I were you and move on. I think you'll be just fine :)

Edited by AltonMeyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AltonMeyer - Yes it was a total disaster surgery. I would like to perform another surgery next year to fix this but now I am even more limited on my donor area, based on the after surgery records. Dr.Bhatti mentioned another 1500 grafts can be harvested for future sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johan,

We will support you and do what we can to ensure your initial expectations are met as much as is possible.

I have PM'd you and I hope to speak with you soon.

  • Like 1

Kindest Regards

Shera   -   UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti     View My FUE HT Story

UK Email : darlingbudsUK@gmail.com    UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588   WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AltonMeyer 

It seems you’re only here to post disparaging posts about Dr. Bhatti. Im surprised you haven’t commented on @Lennney post because so far his results are looking fantastic.

Truthfully, not every surgery is going to be great and @Shera has already stood by the patient. I have a feeling you may be an undercover rep for another clinic. I will keep a close eye on your account. We do not allow undercover reps. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@AltonMeyer 

It seems you’re only here to post disparaging posts about Dr. Bhatti. Im surprised you haven’t commented on @Lennney post because so far his results are looking fantastic.

Truthfully, not every surgery is going to be great and @Shera has already stood by the patient. I have a feeling you may be an undercover rep for another clinic. I will keep a close eye on your account. We do not allow undercover reps. 

I do not think the density in @Lennney‘s transplant is high enough to match the hairline placement. He has only posted frontal pics with his hair forward. He has only posted pics of his donor at a length that would hide fairly significant irregularity or excessive loss. His results are not obviously terrible based on the pics he posted, but they’re pretty far from great, or even good. I mean no disrespect to him, and wish him the best outcome. But his transplant is no “home run.” I didn’t post in his thread out of respect. It’s his thread, and he deserves to post what he wants without negativity. Viewers can gather their own conclusions I guess. Meanwhile, the people who have had quite obviously poor results with Bhatti, or have commented on those poor results, deserve the same respect. Not only that, but Bhatti has not responded in a helpful or respectful manner to very valid complaints and that deserves mentioning. This is not FUD. Like @AltonMeyer2 said, it’s calling a spade a spade. I comment in this thread because I sympathise with the loss, the scarring, the disappointment that poor results cause, and have experienced what I perceived as poor workmanship and dishonesty by Dr. Bhatti. Are you going to ban me too for posting my honest review or commenting on that of another poor Bhatti outcome?

Edited by Nebulosity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shera said:

Johan,

We will support you and do what we can to ensure your initial expectations are met as much as is possible.

I have PM'd you and I hope to speak with you soon.

I was told I would receive support, but Dr. Bhatti has ghosted me. My donor is damaged. Also, it is not acceptable to simply offer a redo to achieve initial expectations. If Dr. Bhatti could not achieve decent results the first time around, what makes you think a second try is advisable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@AltonMeyer is no undercover rep. Based on my interactions with him, he is looking for a good transplant surgeon and learning the industry before he takes the leap. He started out pretty positive about Dr. Bhatti.

Edited by Nebulosity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nebulosity said:

I do not think the density in @Lennney‘s transplant is high enough to match the hairline placement. He has only posted frontal pics with his hair forward. He has only posted pics of his donor at a length that would hide fairly significant irregularity or excessive loss. His results are not obviously terrible based on the pics he posted, but they’re pretty far from great, or even good. I mean no disrespect to him, and wish him the best outcome. But his transplant is no “home run.” I didn’t post in his thread out of respect. It’s his thread, and he deserves to post what he wants without negativity.\

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded comments. I've gone out of my way to ensure I was as unbiased as possible with my photos. I've kept the same camera, lighting, location, and angles and I have not used product nor medication in any of my photos. It is almost laughable how much of a meme you are. You push a specific agenda. With a preponderance of evidence to the contrary of your point, you persevere with your mission. I won't call my results anything but my results - precisely because they are my results and nothing more. I appreciate you keeping the negativity off of my thread. I've noticed a real decline of negativity when my results started to come in. Initially there were numerous comments of density being an issue. I can say that I am pleased with the density and I don't require others' opinion on what is acceptable density. My expectations have been met. Since my name has been slandered, it is only fair for me to provide the evidence against and for my case. Make of it what you will.

2monthAfter3.thumb.jpg.26e68b373f0ad42037696cb377d4be48.jpg

Mar261.thumb.jpg.c103ba11d3c0adf3bd86c4f637b37e36.jpg

may185.thumb.jpg.dd99f1405f4c90a5a05b3c67d7191d85.jpg

This is 2.0 months donor (post haircut), 2.5 and 4.5 (post haircut). I stopped taking pics of donor because I like the length of the last pic and there was no sizable difference in donor quality. It was entirely unnoticeable and not worth posting.

As far as the density, I don't push my hair forward outside of a single pic which I stated in my post (remember, I made a conscious effort to maintain comparability between photos😉.).

jan82.thumb.jpg.3a3cf9ea0f4a7d2041416d73e8099941.jpg

jan83.thumb.jpg.7380b9b81e2e05dcb5a324ff51f88390.jpg

 

post3.thumb.jpg.aaaf413de8b52a21ed97b5a6e27c05db.jpg

2monthAfter.thumb.jpg.e5daa4b778c558fa3b035c66bfb94e76.jpg2monthAfter1.thumb.jpg.25c4ca11dc2c65aa9a840a913b51fdfc.jpgapr81.thumb.jpg.8d264127d5fcc2729c28f3eff620dab3.jpgapr85.thumb.jpg.d81c729d3bdf9e5f21f6580a04b9e528.jpg

may91.thumb.jpg.7adc075441d79a9a6197831fd3ac6ba5.jpg

may94.thumb.jpg.fa7b28b468874733c6af171cee443ebe.jpg

Jun81.thumb.jpg.4223bbebe57b782b43c306d2dda76e5b.jpgJun84.thumb.jpg.171e589a1539498976b07f795e0dd5e3.jpg

Those are Mar - June, each at a month mark. If you're interested, I will post an update tomorrow which will be my 5.5 - 165 day update. @Nebulosity really took the air out of me posting a 6 month collage I had planned. Even if my hair was finished growing at this point, I would still prefer this look to my prior one. 

I don't have a problem with you nor any of the other posters who criticize Bhatti. I think you should be able to post your results and have discussions about it. It is fair to say my HT success and your failure is not entirely due to the skill of the surgeon, but related to post op care and physiology. I think you will have a stronger case against Bhatti (and I'm sure you will agree) if you were to go to another surgeon and reap success with a fixer HT. I haven't seen (so far) any who have done so. I ask the casual observer: Are the critics bad HTs or bad HT candidates due to physiological or care issues? 

I've seen Bhatti fix several HTs. I haven't seen Bhatti's failed HTs fixed from other surgeons. He leaves much of the donor alone (your critique of "donor density"), so there should not be an issue with depleted donors. The case seems to be ripe against him, yet I've seen no evidence. If you show me a few cases, I'd gladly consider your views. 

I do believe your intentions are good. I appreciate this site because it changed my life. I can empathize with your scarring, and how you want to protect people from what you experienced. I show this site to people who want to change their lives. I think your claim needs support like any hypothesis: Show me members who have had a failed Bhatti HT who have gone on to have it fixed elsewhere. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lennney
Removed duplicate photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lennney said:

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded comments. I've gone out of my way to ensure I was as unbiased as possible with my photos. I've kept the same camera, lighting, location, and angles and I have not used product nor medication in any of my photos. It is almost laughable how much of a meme you are. You push a specific agenda. With a preponderance of evidence to the contrary of your point, you persevere with your mission. I won't call my results anything but my results - precisely because they are my results and nothing more. I appreciate you keeping the negativity off of my thread. I've noticed a real decline of negativity when my results started to come in. Initially there were numerous comments of density being an issue. I can say that I am pleased with the density and I don't require others' opinion on what is acceptable density. My expectations have been met. Since my name has been slandered, it is only fair for me to provide the evidence against and for my case. Make of it what you will.

2monthAfter3.thumb.jpg.26e68b373f0ad42037696cb377d4be48.jpg

Mar261.thumb.jpg.c103ba11d3c0adf3bd86c4f637b37e36.jpg

may185.thumb.jpg.dd99f1405f4c90a5a05b3c67d7191d85.jpg

This is 2.0 months donor (post haircut), 2.5 and 4.5 (post haircut). I stopped taking pics of donor because I like the length of the last pic and there was no sizable difference in donor quality. It was entirely unnoticeable and not worth posting.

As far as the density, I don't push my hair forward outside of a single pic which I stated in my post (remember, I made a conscious effort to maintain comparability between photos😉.).

jan82.thumb.jpg.3a3cf9ea0f4a7d2041416d73e8099941.jpg

jan83.thumb.jpg.7380b9b81e2e05dcb5a324ff51f88390.jpg

 

post3.thumb.jpg.aaaf413de8b52a21ed97b5a6e27c05db.jpg

2monthAfter.thumb.jpg.e5daa4b778c558fa3b035c66bfb94e76.jpg2monthAfter1.thumb.jpg.25c4ca11dc2c65aa9a840a913b51fdfc.jpgapr81.thumb.jpg.8d264127d5fcc2729c28f3eff620dab3.jpgapr85.thumb.jpg.d81c729d3bdf9e5f21f6580a04b9e528.jpg

may91.thumb.jpg.7adc075441d79a9a6197831fd3ac6ba5.jpgmay94.thumb.jpg.a1aaf4b1db5e9cf78b3fe7a44617c2ce.jpg

 

Jun81.thumb.jpg.4223bbebe57b782b43c306d2dda76e5b.jpgJun84.thumb.jpg.171e589a1539498976b07f795e0dd5e3.jpg

Those are Mar - June, each at a month mark. If you're interested, I will post an update tomorrow which will be my 5.5 - 165 day update. @Nebulosity really took the air out of me posting a 6 month collage I had planned. Even if my hair was finished growing at this point, I would still prefer this look to my prior one. 

I don't have a problem with you nor any of the other posters who criticize Bhatti. I think you should be able to post your results and have discussions about it. It is fair to say my HT success and your failure is not entirely due to the skill of the surgeon, but related to post op care and physiology. I think you will have a stronger case against Bhatti (and I'm sure you will agree) if you were to go to another surgeon and reap success with a fixer HT. I haven't seen (so far) any who have done so. I ask the casual observer: Are the critics bad HTs or bad HT candidates due to physiological or care issues? 

I've seen Bhatti fix several HTs. I haven't seen Bhatti's failed HTs fixed from other surgeons. He leaves much of the donor alone (your critique of "donor density"), so there should not be an issue with depleted donors. The case seems to be ripe against him, yet I've seen no evidence. If you show me a few cases, I'd gladly consider your views. 

I do believe your intentions are good. I appreciate this site because it changed my life. I can empathize with your scarring, and how you want to protect people from what you experienced. I show this site to people who want to change their lives. I think your claim needs support like any hypothesis: Show me members who have had a failed Bhatti HT who have gone on to have it fixed elsewhere. 

Jun81.jpg

Jun84.jpg

may94.jpg

It’s fair enough that you are satisfied with the results. I’m not accusing you of hiding anything. I just think that the density is not enough to look natural, based on the graft placement I saw in your post op pics, and in your more recent frontal pic. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the hair on the top of your head is going more forward than any other direction, and it’s hard to see from your frontal pic how the native and transplanted zones blend together. I hadn’t seen the overhead pic before. It seems evident from that pic that the density is probably quite insufficient. I am sorry for that, and sincerely wish you the best possible outcome. In your donor pics, your hair is pretty long, so it’s hard to discern much from them. Melvin used the phrase “home run” when discussing how your transplant was turning out. He brought up your case in this thread when he accused another forum member of being an undercover rep, as if your case proved that Dr. Bhatti produces excellent results. If he hadn’t brought your case up, I wouldn’t have said anything about it. Again, I wish you the best possible outcome. I very much regret ever trusting Dr. Bhatti, and think it is fair to comment on what I believe are poor results.

The very best of luck to you. I’m sure that if the results do not end up being satisfactory, you’ll fix it and you will look great. You looked fine before the transplant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nebulosity said:

It’s fair enough that you are satisfied with the results. I’m not accusing you of hiding anything. I just think that the density is not enough to look natural, based on the graft placement I saw in your post op pics, and in your more recent frontal pic. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the hair on the top of your head is going more forward than any other direction, and it’s hard to see from your frontal pic how the native and transplanted zones blend together. I hadn’t seen the overhead pic before. It seems evident from that pic that the density is probably quite insufficient. I am sorry for that, and sincerely wish you the best possible outcome. In your donor pics, your hair is pretty long, so it’s hard to discern much from them. Melvin used the phrase “home run” when discussing how your transplant was turning out. He brought up your case in this thread when he accused another forum member of being an undercover rep, as if your case proved that Dr. Bhatti produces excellent results. If he hadn’t brought your case up, I wouldn’t have said anything about it. Again, I wish you the best possible outcome. I very much regret ever trusting Dr. Bhatti, and think it is fair to comment on what I believe are poor results.

The very best of luck to you. I’m sure that if the results do not end up being satisfactory, you’ll fix it and you will look great. You looked fine before the transplant.

I don't think you read my post. You wouldn't have mentioned this last bit. I mentioned I was happy as-is. Am I typing for the benefit of myself? Are you reading any of this?

I can't help my hair falling forward, after a certain length, hair falls. I appreciate Melvin saying that, but there were others who said this earlier. I think such results are impressive at 5 months post op, don't you? Thank you for the complement of being fine before, but I was truly balding. I looked at minimum 5 years older (I got called 23. That was flattering). I picked Bhatti partially for the temple work. Temples are coming in nicely. jan8.thumb.jpg.51ca98dbbe7b00a00d39ee9d48eac7c2.jpgJun82.thumb.jpg.b90f90d37d7cc08b7dffde3fdeef10b8.jpg

I don't think you read any of my of my post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AltonMeyer2 said:

I think your transplant is good mate, I think @Nebulosity was only saying that it isn't a home run in terms of what you'd see from some of the other world class surgeons  - which I think to be fair, one could only say for sure once you've fully grown in.

Yeah but regardless @Melvin-Moderator somehow tries to imply that your result nullifies @johanchicago or @Nebulosity 's cases. That is strange. Hmm. Almost like someone has an agenda of sorts to protect the business interest of a particular clinic while throwing poor victims of bad HT under the bus.

Also, are there any papers that document or provide evidence that a patient's physiology could be one of the reasons for failure? I've seen this line thrown around so damn much, would be nice to see some studies around it.

I hope you grow well buddy! I'm glad your India trip turned out good for you!

This took me 3 minutes on google. It's just the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a US government scientific organization specializing in medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212293/

"A complication is defined as an adverse event that is not considered to be a common or usual occurrence, and which requires a change in methodology. Complications may arise because of surgical procedure per se, because of surgeons planning and technical errors or because of patients' physiology or compliance errors.[1] Complications can occur both in the recipient as well as the donor site."

Go to link to see the figures.

"Postoperative edema [Figure 3] was the most frequent complication which was found in 31 (42.47%) patients. This was followed by sterile folliculitis [Figure 4] in the recipient area"

Folliculitis: 

Complications

Possible complications of folliculitis include:

  • Recurrent or spreading infection
  • Boils under the skin (furunculosis)
  • Permanent skin damage, such as scarring or dark spots
  • Destruction of hair follicles and permanent hair loss

Were your comments rhetoric or did you really not put any effort in research?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×