Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

Shifty,

Amazing progress in the short period of time. It goes to show you many people can respond well to the big 3! 

• Like 1

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

• Moderators

Wow. If I were you I would not even be considering a hair transplant anymore at this point since this is working so well.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Shifty,

That’s probably one of the most impressive non-surgical transformations I’ve ever seen. I’ve only seen maybe a couple like it over the course of the 15+ years I’ve been on the forums. I agree with others, that given your progress with non-surgical solutions, that you likely don’t need to undergo surgical hair restoration at this point. Obviously, that’s up to you and you know the full story and what the photos aren’t showing.    But your crown looks terrific. I haven’t seen a photo of your hairline yet, but depending on what’s going on there, you could potentially get a smaller procedure to slightly lower your hairline if it’s even necessary or you could just continue with nonsurgical treatments and forget about hair transplant surgery altogether or until you feel you need it someday in the future. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Shifty,

I went back to the previous page and saw that you did post some hairline pictures as well. I also went through all the progress photos. You certainly have responded very well to these three nonsurgical treatments known as the big three. At this point, it seems like you’re still seeing  improvement, at least in the crown every couple of months. If I’m correct, you posted a photo from November 2018 and another photo just recently of the crown and the most recent photo shows even more progress. So in my opinion, if that’s true, I would hold off on any hair transplantation in the crown and only consider hitting the hairline area if you feel it’s appropriate.   I know you said that you had a naturally higher forehead so, you could slightly lower your hairline with surgical hair restoration and then continue using the big three for the rest of the scalp. 

I saw your photos with Toppik in your hair also and it looked great.   Concealers ken the wonder to make your hair look thicker.

I will likely be using this thread as a reference for the future to show what is possible with non-surgical solutions if you go the distance. Of course, my disclaimer will be that you are one of the rare cases and most people don’t see this kind of results but that it is possible.  

Please keep us posted on your progress and decision regarding hair transplantation. 

Billl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Shifty,

I went back to the previous page and saw that you did post some hairline pictures as well. I also went through all the progress photos. You certainly have responded very well to these three nonsurgical treatments known as the big three. At this point, it seems like you’re still seeing  improvement, at least in the crown every couple of months. If I’m correct, you posted a photo from November 2018 and another photo just recently of the crown and the most recent photo shows even more progress. So in my opinion, if that’s true, I would hold off on any hair transplantation in the crown and only consider hitting the hairline area if you feel it’s appropriate.   I know you said that you had a naturally higher forehead so, you could slightly lower your hairline with surgical hair restoration and then continue using the big three for the rest of the scalp. 

I saw your photos with Toppik in your hair also and it looked great.   Concealers ken the wonder to make your hair look thicker.

I will likely be using this thread as a reference for the future to show what is possible with non-surgical solutions if you go the distance. Of course, my disclaimer will be that you are one of the rare cases and most people don’t see this kind of results but that it is possible.  

Please keep us posted on your progress and decision regarding hair transplantation. 

Billl

If this continues, as is,  I agree HT might not be necessary, but as I have said about the high forehead I may still lower it. My front is growing in as well so who knows!  I will continue to update every 26th of the month. if my crown fills its going to be like winning the lotto. It has already bumped my confidence levels as is.

I just want to say, while I have tried Rogaine before with no results by itself and knew about Finesteride, I do not think I would have went this route if it had not been for this forum.  So while I can appreciate where I am now only 4 months later on the big three plus a couple other things, the thing I need to appreciate more is the knowledge and experience of the people who post here.  So kudos to you for creating it.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

congrats shifty. I’ve had a similar improvement. check out my thread if you want.

my hair has gotten significantly better after 3 months. However, since month 5 I have been shedding a lot. I’ve read this is normal but it makes me a bit nervous cause i have definitely noticed less density. I’m coming up on 7 total months of use and the shedding is still going 

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

congrats shifty. I’ve had a similar improvement. check out my thread if you want.

my hair has gotten significantly better after 3 months. However, since month 5 I have been shedding a lot. I’ve read this is normal but it makes me a bit nervous cause i have definitely noticed less density. I’m coming up on 7 total months of use and the shedding is still going 

I remember, I commented on it. I would add the other things I am doing in conjunction to assist in blood flow specifically derma roller and I also blast my head with ice cold water about twice a week. I did see a little shedding about a month ago, I noticed a chunk of hair in the shower drain but since has been smooth sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5 months today.

I always have to note, I HAVE BEEN VERY STRICT WITH THE REGIMEN. HAVEN'T MISSED 1 BEAT.

Crown came in nicely. temporal are still growing. I was not expecting such a great result. I cant even imagine what this is going to look like in another 5 months. 

Getting a full blown hair cut Friday, fade and all. been a while! lol

topfront.JPG

combright.JPG

combleft.JPG

top.JPG

front.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

6 months. I am still seeing hairs sprouting and growing in the frontal hair line. Very happy where I am atm,  hoping for more growth over the next 6 months.

The below pictures are taken in the brightest light to really show whats going on. Darker light hair looks fantastic.

The crown has me concerned as I am seeing small hairs fall out. it is not a ton maybe 10-15 hairs in the morning but they are small.

Anyone have any incite here in regards to this?

Top. hair is very full all over except for here, its my problem child. Hair fibers help.

image.png.2c586fd27fe850b46e6e51a785ee219d.png

Left side temple up close. You can see new growth still.

image.thumb.png.3c03a106592622558dce7bbaacc8a84a.png

right side. new growth visible as well.

image.thumb.png.790950a7058d4da620ac9826eb841d4a.png

As up close as i could get to temple to show new growth that continues to happen

image.png.1e08a7d98dd600401d299cdbe8ae6719.png

Hair wet , combed just to see what it looks like in general.

image.png.8abd4bc0d284e4edad0cc0b2ef4fcc32.png

23 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

looking good bro. pretty amazing. i hope mine starts to kick it up a notch again to where I was. hoping you hold strong with what you’ve gained 

Thanks man, you and me both! lol The small hairs, as I've noted, are concerning. I am hoping its just new growth making way for thicker hairs.

This is amazing. I'm definitely showing this to a friend of mine who's been battling hair loss but isn't ready/suited for a hair transplant at the moment. Congrats on the incredible progress. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

This is amazing. I'm definitely showing this to a friend of mine who's been battling hair loss but isn't ready/suited for a hair transplant at the moment. Congrats on the incredible progress. 

Thanks fairly grateful for the results and information ive learned on this page. If i were in someone else's shoes I would do exactly what I am doing, verbatim. Ill post my exact process again tomorrow 

[REPOST]

My Regimine:

Started taking Finesteride 1MG September 26th (Purchased from HIMS)

Started derma roller October 18th (2 times a week Thursdays nights and Sunday nights, no minoxidil on these nights)

Started Rogaine foam 2nd week of October (morning and night)

Started Shampoo Containing  1% Ketoconazole November  (2-3 nights a week) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MRKJHR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Currently using PhotoWorx Organic Hair Loss Shampoo w/ plant stem cells for recovery and regrowth

will use Photoworx on days I do not use Keto shampoo https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2B2VGW/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vitamins:

Daily and Nightly packs  https://bit.ly/2JZ1gQC 

Sr Sports biotin with coconut oil 5000mg (1 in morning 1 at night)  https://amzn.to/2FjoiD6

Viviscal Professional  (1 in morning 1 at night) https://www.viviscal.com

I just recently started to use this again https://www.viviscal.com/viviscal-conditioner/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=viviscal%20conditioner&utm_content=Brand&utm_campaign=VIVSEMM0119US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyv-X0sKl4QIVmo-zCh3meQzmEAAYASAAEgKQhPD_BwE

I also did this February and I am doing it again now. I firmly believe cleansing helps the body work at an optimal level. Helps things like Finesteride do it job efficiently. You will also lose a nice amount of weight if done properly.

https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/weight-loss/pak/weight-loss-value-plus

17 hours ago, Shifty said:

[REPOST]

My Regimine:

Started taking Finesteride 1MG September 26th (Purchased from HIMS)

Started derma roller October 18th (2 times a week Thursdays nights and Sunday nights, no minoxidil on these nights)

Started Rogaine foam 2nd week of October (morning and night)

Started Shampoo Containing  1% Ketoconazole November  (2-3 nights a week) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MRKJHR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Currently using PhotoWorx Organic Hair Loss Shampoo w/ plant stem cells for recovery and regrowth

will use Photoworx on days I do not use Keto shampoo https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2B2VGW/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vitamins:

Daily and Nightly packs  https://bit.ly/2JZ1gQC 

Sr Sports biotin with coconut oil 5000mg (1 in morning 1 at night)  https://amzn.to/2FjoiD6

Viviscal Professional  (1 in morning 1 at night) https://www.viviscal.com

I just recently started to use this again https://www.viviscal.com/viviscal-conditioner/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=viviscal%20conditioner&utm_content=Brand&utm_campaign=VIVSEMM0119US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyv-X0sKl4QIVmo-zCh3meQzmEAAYASAAEgKQhPD_BwE

I also did this February and I am doing it again now. I firmly believe cleansing helps the body work at an optimal level. Helps things like Finesteride do it job efficiently. You will also lose a nice amount of weight if done properly.

https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/weight-loss/pak/weight-loss-value-plus

Hey mate,

Congrats on the progress, really happy for you! Your hair actually looks fantastic, so bravo.

I was wondering, do you do anything specific with the roller technique wise? And also, do you only roll on areas that had no hair?

Thanks dude.

• Like 1

Thanks I appreciate the sentiment!

The roller I do 3 passes of 10 rolls each in a different direction. I only do where I feel the real problems are. It doesn't feel great as you'd imagine lol

my roller areas:

FRONT

TEMPLES

CROWN (BACK)

• Moderators

I think this is the best non surgical result I've ever seen and it looks like you are still growing new hair. You got to be happy about this. It's certainly better to not have to go through surgery to get good results. Keep in mind that even if it doesn't get as thick as you would like, you don't have to worry about the results not looking natural or having any scars. Very nice.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.