4 days post fut. opinions please

funkymunky

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys 5 months since the procedure. Growing much slower on the crown than when the front was done.

However I have got thin hairs and a general covering. It’s definately improving week on week so confident when the shafts thicken up through the growth cycle I will have a decent coverage on top by the end. The goal on this surgery was to cover the top with an eye for another surgery to thicken it more. 

DBBC0E17-8B80-4A0D-BB60-744AC6B2D85B.jpeg

4E4C66BD-F3D6-4051-9BA0-6ED69330D2DC.jpeg

9439F2DB-2F98-4530-9EE3-6316F0C0A141.jpeg

13 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

What about the scar?  What made you go with FUT?

Here is the site. You can’t really see the scar under the hair and I had a blade 4 cut. My first FUT was undetectable on me even on close inspection as my surgeon Dr Farjo in Manchester did an excellent trico closure.

This scar is still healing but is not visible through the hair cut I have which is relatively short. The new scar is still a bit red but still on course to be good like the previous. He opened the old scar so I didn’t have 2 and closed with stitches.

I went with fut because you get the greatest yield. I have a good donor site and I anticipated 2 or 3 surgeries. I never shave my head either but if I ever did I could just get some scalp micropigmentation to cover any scar if it showed. 

I made a choice to stop the finisturide and let hair loss progress and stabilise before I had the first surgery as I didn’t want to take meds forever. Luckily for me I don’t worry too much about the costs so took the choice to get more than 1 surgery.

Hope this helps 

Hi Guys 5 months since the procedure. Growing much slower on the crown than when the front was done.

However I have got thin hairs and a general covering. It’s definately improving week on week so confident when the shafts thicken up through the growth cycle I will have a decent coverage on top by the end. The goal on this surgery was to cover the top with an eye for another surgery to thicken it more. 

• Administrators

It’s great to see you come back, the crown is notorious for taking longer to grow. It’s looking pretty good I must say. Hope you continue to keep us updated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.